The Best Boxing Techniques For MMA

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) are undoubtedly two very different combat sports and fighting systems. To completely adopt a traditional boxing stance, or rely only on boxing as a fighter in the sport of MMA, would definitely not be the best approach. It would make you susceptible to takedowns, elbows, and most of all, those paralyzing Muay Thai legs kicks; which are arguably a boxer’s greatest weakness in the cage.

However, that doesn’t mean that the techniques and concepts used heavily in the sweet science can’t be beneficial in the sport of MMA. As fighters like former UFC Champions Georges St. Pierre and Junior Dos Santos have shown, a simple, well-executed jab can make all the difference – even against some of the best the sport has to offer.

And in more recent years, fighters like two-weight UFC Champion Conor McGregor and UFC stars Doo Ho Choi, Nate Diaz, and many more have shown that excellent boxing knowledge, can many times, give a fighter a significant advantage over an opponent. They prove that boxing can effectively break their opponents down shot by shot and ultimately, finish them off....

Source/more: The Best Boxing Techniques For MMA - Evolve Vacation

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
RDA retweeted this article, and I like the way it's written. It goes through specific techniques, who to watch for them, and how to start practicing them. Curious about people's thoughts on it.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
RDA retweeted this article, and I like the way it's written. It goes through specific techniques, who to watch for them, and how to start practicing them. Curious about people's thoughts on it.
I'll read it later. Sounds interesting . Evolve MMA has some of the best muay thai fighters from the past decade as trainers and they always release interesting breakdown videos.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Never thought about that......fucking groundbreaking idea.
I am like a 21st century Greg Jackson.

I once told Tom lawlor he should open a UFC match by utilizing a 2 footed missile dropkick.

He didn't.

He lost.

You can lead a horse to water....

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I am like a 21st century Greg Jackson.

I once told Tom lawlor he should open a UFC match by utilizing a 2 footed missile dropkick.

He didn't.

He lost.

You can lead a horse to water....
You are a leader.....

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
The local Indian /north Korea populace call me wah can song il. It means the great white dear leader.

Pretty racist label to give me but I'll take it.
Any hot Indian chicks with huge gazangas? If so, let me know.

Also, just found out my wife, daughter and I will be in Birmingham on Sunday for the Birmingham half Marathon that her friend is running.

The cleaner will be there

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Any hot Indian chicks with huge gazangas? If so, let me know.

Also, just found out my wife, daughter and I will be in Birmingham on Sunday for the Birmingham half Marathon that her friend is running.

The cleaner will be there
She'll be there a long time if she's gonna try and clean Birmingham up

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Rampage implemented some good boxing fundamentals while training with Jaunito Burrito:

His Boxing Defense really helped when taking out Wanderlei Silva in their 3rd Fight.

Just check out how he covers up:

That fundamental Boxing defense also came in handy when he defeated Chuck Liddell to claim the Light Heavyweight Title:

Notice the same defensive cover up method followed by the counter:

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Rampage implemented some good boxing fundamentals while training with Jaunito Burrito:

His Boxing Defense really helped when taking out Wanderlei Silva in their 3rd Fight.

That fundamental Boxing defense also came in handy when he defeated Chuck Liddell to claim the Light Heavyweight Title:

He scared

Still puts a smile on my face to this day :)

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
I'd say learning common boxing counters is a great technique to learn for mma. And a well timed over hand can take you far too.
Just look at Hendo.

But Enock-O-Lypse Now! @Enock-O-lypse Now! Is right.

Boxing Defense should be the #1 technique for MMA.

So many guys adopting the hands down flashy BS.

Just ends up with them on their a$$ or if their tough a lost in the scorecards.

Ps: Man those Tyson gifs or insane.
The man was a Monster in his Prime.

Ed_Stark

I am coming
Oct 24, 2015
And boxing is more down the middle so to speak, can split guards easier. Muay thai based punches are much more square and looping, and nowhere near the extension. Too tight and not loose like traditional boxing.