General The best choke application eva

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

RussfromNH

Live Free or Die
Dec 12, 2018
A Runner Strangled a Mountain Lion After It Attacked Him

Near Fort Collins, Colorado, a man running through the West Ridge Trail at Horsetooth Mountain Open Space killed a mountain lion after the animal attacked him yesterday afternoon. Remarkably, the man used nothing but his bare hands to choke and fend off the animal's deadly advances. He escaped relatively unscathed considering the circumstances, with the lion only biting his wrist and face.

Officials from Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) and Larimer County searched the trail in question and found a dead juvenile mountain lion. They ruled the animal dead via suffocation and reopened the park after briefly closing it, according to a press release.

The man reportedly heard something creeping up behind him while on a run, and then turned around to find the animal lunging at him. He "sustained serious, but non-life threatening injuries" during the fight, and managed to alert authorities and get himself to a hospital on his own accord.

Authorities note that mountain-lion attacks are rare in Colorado, but that doesn't mean they can't happen. “The runner did everything he could to save his life," said Mark Leslie, Colorado Parks and Wildlife Northeast Region manager. "In the event of a lion attack, you need to do anything in your power to fight back just as this gentleman did.”

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I've always thought this is pretty much the only approach, something a mountain lion would never expect; that and a solid triangle.
Not gonna work on a bear.
Awesome news.

Alligator would be clueless in a guard.

RussfromNH

Live Free or Die
Dec 12, 2018
I wold love to see a video of this

I know when i wrestle with the dogs they have an unbelievable ability to get those rear legs in

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I've always thought this is pretty much the only approach, something a mountain lion would never expect; that and a solid triangle.
Not gonna work on a bear.
Awesome news.

Alligator would be clueless in a guard.
with Bears, I wait until they stand up on their hind legs, then I feign a double-leg and connect with a lead left.

Apex predators can sense fear, it's how they know if you wrestled. If they don't smell fear, they know they have to respect the power double.

It's just evolution, your blood line doesn't get to the top of the food chain if you don't know wrestling.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
Okay, okay, I've been hearing about this story on a superficial level for over a week. But today, I just learned for the first time that the mountain lion was a five month old, 40 pound animal. All along I've been questioning myself: "Could you do it? Could you kill a mountain lion?" In the words of the immortal Dana White: "Do you want to be a fuckin' fighter?"

But now that I know it will just a 40-pounder, fuck yeah, I could have defeated that thing in a fight to the death. I think any TMMACer could.

Next story.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Okay, okay, I've been hearing about this story on a superficial level for over a week. But today, I just learned for the first time that the mountain lion was a five month old, 40 pound animal. All along I've been questioning myself: "Could you do it? Could you kill a mountain lion?" In the words of the immortal Dana White: "Do you want to be a fuckin' fighter?"

But now that I know it will just a 40-pounder, fuck yeah, I could have defeated that thing in a fight to the death. I think any TMMACer could.

Next story.

M

member 3289

I remember when some high school wrestler in California claimed to have killed a mountain lion and it ended up being bullshit.

It seems all high school wrestlers are full of shit.

Also, in Florida we call them panthers.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I remember when some high school wrestler in California claimed to have killed a mountain lion and it ended up being bullshit.

It seems all high school wrestlers are full of shit.

Also, in Florida we call them panthers.
I don't think you are allowed to call them panthers these days, I think you have to say political activist fighting the power

M

member 3289

I don't think you are allowed to call them panthers these days, I think you have to say political activist fighting the power
Nope. We even call our hockey team panthers.

We have about 200 wild panthers in south Florida.