General The best NBA teams of all time

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
80's Lakers
80's Celtics
late 80's Pistons
90's Bulls
late 90's/early 2000 Spurs
late 90's/early 2000 Lakers
2011 Mavericks
2010's Miami Heat(Bosh/Wade/Lebron)
mid 2010's Warriors
mid 2010's Spurs

Am I leaving anyone out?

Top 3 teams out of this list?

Last edited:

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Definitely Spurs
No wrong answer, but in your opinion, who was the best Spurs?
Late 90's with David Robinson and Tim Duncan(Bruce Bowen, Avery Johnson, Steve Kerr, Sean Elliott)
Early 2000's with Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker(Brent Barry, Bruce Bowen, Robert Horry, Glen Robinson)
mid 2010's with Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, Kawhi Leonard

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
It's tough to go with the 98 team because that was a shortened season, but then again David Robinson AND Tim Duncan, that's a tough team.

Early/mid 2000's looks like the best Spurs team when you factor in the depth. Probably the deepest bench of their championships

Mid 2010's the Spurs didn't seem as dominant that decade as previous Spurs teams, but their championship was a 62 win season, highest win total(reg season) of any championships. Where they lacked the depth of previous Spurs Champions, having Kawhi in addition to the aging Manu and Parker, this team may have been the most talented.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
No wrong answer, but in your opinion, who was the best Spurs?
Late 90's with David Robinson and Tim Duncan(Bruce Bowen, Avery Johnson, Steve Kerr, Sean Elliott)
Early 2000's with Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker(Brent Barry, Bruce Bowen, Robert Horry, Glen Robinson)
mid 2010's with Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, Kawhi Leonard

I'm only going for Spurs because they are my team tbh.

So I'm always happy when San Antonio Spurs win. I would say mid 2010's Spurs were the best side as they kept winning and winning.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
do the Mavericks and Heat belong here? and for that matter even the 2004 Pistons, even if I rooted for them, watched them develop game-by-game for years and that season was the pinnacle of my NBA fandom.

IMO 1. Bulls; 2. 80's Lakers; 3. Celtics.

I leave the Warriors out because current-era NBA is kind of a joke. any talk like this I'm seeing things from an 80's/90's context - home team wears white (that's important), players bump into each other in the paint, hand checking is allowed, teams don't average 100+ points a game; I don't believe the Warriors would be able to play like they do (did?) in that era.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
do the Mavericks and Heat belong here? and for that matter even the 2004 Pistons, even if I rooted for them, watched them develop game-by-game for years and that season was the pinnacle of my NBA fandom.

I leave the Warriors out because current-era NBA is kind of a joke. any talk like this I'm seeing things from an 80's/90's context - home team wears white (that's important), players bump into each other in the paint, hand checking is allowed, teams don't average 100+ points a game; I don't believe the Warriors would be able to play like they do (did?) in that era.
I revised my list and removed the 2004 Pistons and replaced them with the 88'89 Pistons. A big factor in that is beating three of the teams you mentioned. If you disagree with this move, you will have some splainin to do.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
I revised my list and removed the 2004 Pistons and replaced them with the 88'89 Pistons. A big factor in that is beating three of the teams you mentioned. If you disagree with this move, you will have some splainin to do.
think I agree with it. but let me say out loud - I love the 2004 Pistons

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Watched Lakers vs. Celtics, 1984 Finals, game 7 last night.

Considering that it was a Finals Game 7, people were really gun shy and nervous, but that Celtics team really impressed me. They had 6 guys averaging more than 10 PPG that season and Kevin McHale wasn't yet close to what he would become. My question is 'What year the Celtics had their best team?'

Of course can't judge the Lakers for that loss, especially Magic Johnson since this was the series when he became Tragic Johnson but looking at the other guys he was playing with and knowing that his jump shot was not very good I'm lowering him in my all time ranks. I recently watched the 1993 Bulls vs. Knicks series as well and that first three-peat Bulls team looks like it was just Jordan playing by himself with the occasional big night from Pippen. So I'm claiming that the 90's Bulls team that is so great is actually the second three-peat team when Jordan was just as good as the early 90's, Pippen was better and they had Rodman wreaking havoc on defense. some specific incarnation of the 80's Celtics would probably be my #2 with the Lakers #3. I know the Lakers won more titles but IMO (kind of pulling it from my own ass) it may have been circunstancial. Looks to me that the Eastern Conference was stronger in the 80's, injuries played their role and the Celtics were more consistent throughout more time.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015

just because they had less rules, doesn't mean they're more skilled.

would you say the fighters from UFC1 are better than today's fighters? they had less rules and was more hardcore

plus Jordan couldn't stop A.I. , he won't stop Curry either. Curry's got one of the best handling, Warriors deserve the spot especially they were dominant for like 5 years straight in their own era.

Last edited:

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Warriors 2015-19
90s Bulls
Bill Russel's Celtics
showtime Lakers
80s Celtics
Kobe/Shaq Lakers
Tim Duncan's career Spurs
Lebron/Wade/Bosh Miami Heat
Detroit Badboys and the Larry Brown team where they derailed the Lakers
Rockets, that year Hakeem made Shaq' actin' a fool~

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
72 win bulls team is obviously the best team of all time.

The team with the best chance at competing with them would be the 2010 Lakers. They had Kobe and they could play a combination of the old school real basketball and the pussified stuff of today.