The Boys

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Holy moly.

1st season was great.
This looks mad.

Question for anyone who read the comic: How close is it, and do you think the show only lasts 3 seasons (as I was told)?

Namaste
I read and collected 2000AD when I was a kid, Ennis wrote some Dredd storylines that weren’t bad.

I read a few issues of the boys but didn’t finish it, it was very different to the show but as I said I only read a few issues.

I think the storyline from the show changes a few things around, characters, storylines, adds a few different more realistic storylines in their place.

Hughie was Scottish if I remember correctly and is essentially Simon Pegg, I don’t remember Butchers wife being kidnapped or disappearing, if I remember correctly she is murdered. Hughie is a supe as well, Butcher injects him with the substance V and it gives him super strength.

The nazis made the drug as well if I remember correctly and they all take it regularly, it’s not some secret.

It was much more mental as far as I remember too, it has been toned down for TV

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I read and collected 2000AD when I was a kid, Ennis wrote some Dredd storylines that weren’t bad.

I read a few issues of the boys but didn’t finish it, it was very different to the show but as I said I only read a few issues.

I think the storyline from the show changes a few things around, characters, storylines, adds a few different more realistic storylines in their place.

Hughie was Scottish if I remember correctly and is essentially Simon Pegg, I don’t remember Butchers wife being kidnapped or disappearing, if I remember correctly she is murdered. Hughie is a supe as well, Butcher injects him with the substance V and it gives him super strength.

The nazis made the drug as well if I remember correctly and they all take it regularly, it’s not some secret.

It was much more mental as far as I remember too, it has been toned down for TV
smarter than the average mick

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I'm on episode 1 of season 2 the deep losing his shit at the water park and asking the kids if they knew the loneliness of swimming the Mariana trench was hilarious and the re enactment with the butcher. black noir kills people in gruesome ways

Last edited:

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
they blew up her head holy shit that came out of left field nobody is safe now from vought

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I wonder what the CEO or what ever he is of vought has as a counter measure for homelander seems like he will have to deal with him from their encounter or be killed by him this season.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
This season is dragging for me, anyone else?
it does seem to drag I still haven't even finished the second episode. it also seems to be too heavy on humor compared to last season it is almost getting silly almost becoming a comedy

M

member 1013

it does seem to drag I still haven't even finished the second episode. it also seems to be too heavy on humor compared to last season it is almost getting silly almost becoming a comedy
Hughie annoys the shit out of me too

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
Just started this show. Fucking amazon started me on season two, and I didn't notice until the first episode was done. They spoiled my shit!

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
it was funny to see him throw his son off the roof,really dark but still funny because of how evil it was.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
somehow the boys made that billy joel song about saving the guy from suicide darker

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I just got to episode 5.

spoiler

kimiko just tore someones face off
:oops: