The chat has become submerged

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It is now barely visible beneath the bottom of my computer screen. I can only see the top one-tenth or so of the red alert icon that appears when someone has started or resumed a conversation with me and the text is obscured leading to numerous hilarious typos. Whatever could the problem be?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Probably close your browser and reopen. Or check your taskbar settings in windows for things like "auto-hide". Sounds like windows jacked up and is hiding the bottom of the browser behind it.

megatherium @Megatherium

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Splinty I have somehow inadvertently elected to hide the chat myself haha. Just need to figure out how to get it back up now.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Look for this button in the bottom right hand corner of your screen. Click it on/off for chat.

Wild the damned thing appears and then disappears again instantly. I've been trying to catch the little bastard but I'm not as quick as I used to be!

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Wild the damned thing appears and then disappears again instantly. I've been trying to catch the little bastard but I'm not as quick as I used to be!
No idea why that would be happening dude. Splinty @Splinty? Maybe some setting on your browser or something?

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Well, I'm gonna go for a walk and smoke a fatty of this pine tar kush I have on hand here, need a break.

When I get back I expect I'll be wrangling with that little bugger some more.

Not that it matters to me, not much of a chatterbox myself but some of my young friends like to start up on it now and again.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Well, I'm gonna go for a walk and smoke a fatty of this pine tar kush I have on hand here, need a break.

When I get back I expect I'll be wrangling with that little bugger some more.

Not that it matters to me, not much of a chatterbox myself but some of my young friends like to start up on it now and again.
Good luck buddy :)

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

OP browsing tmmac

love these threads. dont like to see people have problems but damn is it funny to me

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Okay can you guys kill that chat for me. (I have no clue how to use it, have never seen any evidence of it's existence anywhere on the forum yet it keeps flashing on and then disappearing again whenever I turn the page.

Highly annoying. So how do I disable the mutherfucker?

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I've was able to shut it off in the past before it became submerged below the bottom of my screen but I'm not quick enough to nail it in pop up mode.

And I've never known where to find it or how to use it, even before it's submergence.

If there's anyway you guys could disable it or make it go away I'd be obliged.

I never want to see it again.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I've was able to shut it off in the past before it became submerged below the bottom of my screen but I'm not quick enough to nail it in pop up mode.

And I've never known where to find it or how to use it, even before it's submergence.

If there's anyway you guys could disable it or make it go away I'd be obliged.

I never want to see it again.

I don't have an easy way to do that yet. There is a button there so you can close the chat. But in your case you have part of your entire browser window hidden, probably by your task bar.

You really need to fix this for other reasons anyway. It's going to block other stuff you are doing.

Press the print screen button on your keyboard with your browser open

Go to your start menu and open up Mspaint

Go to the top love Ms paint refined paste

Now you have a screenshot of your computer and we can see what the heck is going on

You can Google on how to take a screenshot

The reason your chat is popping up sometimes it's because it's all hidden and someone is messaging you making it pop up but then it is getting hidden again.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I don't know man, I didn't really learn my way around these things until I was well into my sunset years. Let's just say the process is ongoing!

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
You should have seen me on the OG ten years ago if you think this is funny.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
a screenshot would be good like Splinty talked about above.
if that fails i'd be happy to try to help over a free program called teamviewer (remotely access your computer basically. you can see everything going on, what i click, etc.) if you trust me enough. otherwise i don't think there's much we can do to help you without some more details as it's not easily replicated.