The Cut List: UFC Fight Night - Mendes vs. Lamas

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The Cut List: UFC Fight Night - Mendes vs. Lamas - Bloody Elbow

Saturday is a special UFC Fight Night in that this entire US-based show takes place during daylight hours. There are plenty of compelling fights on the card with multiple former title challengers competing throughout the night. As always though, fighters are at risk of losing their spot in the promotion with one loss too many, and we're going to examine who's assuredly safe and who is decidedly not on another edition of The Cut List.

Note: You may notice that I'm writing this up instead of Rainer Lee, who has done both this series along with the always fascinating Beyond the Octagon. Unfortunately, Rainer no longer has the time to do any other writing aside from BtO, so in his place for The Cut List is yours truly. I'll try to keep the format as similar as possible but obviously with my own thoughts and opinions....

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
If Maynard losses, like I think he will, he shouldn't worry about getting cut, he should retire. I don't like calling for people to retire, but he's been knocked out in 4 of his last 5. The only one he wasn't KO'd in was a snorefest with Guida and seemed more like a staring competition than a fight. If it was just he was getting beat that would be one thing, but he is getting his lights switched off every time.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I worry about our boy Cody Gibson being cut, especially if he loses his next one...and he expressed that concern in his Q&A as well. But he looked great against Manny, until he made a mistake and left his neck out there, and he fought Aljamain Sterling to a decision...so hopefully they keep him and allow him to grow. Dude is young, heavy handed, long, and has a ton of potential.