Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Mortgage interest is still deductible if you choose to file via itemized deduction. But the standard deduction was increased, so it's likely no longer beneficial to do so.

Not too surprised that a guy who can't spell "losing" has trouble with taxes.

Stay enraged! Even if you have no reason to be mad! Loud noises! Fuck Trump!

I don't twitter - hopefully someone set this ass clown straight. Unless of course this dude has a mortgage on his $800,000 home. If that's the case, lol @ complaining about $3500.
As you alluded, the mortgage interest deduction moved down to 750k instead of 1,000,000. This was "an attack on blue states" by politics.

Same with SALT tax exemptions, by which the federal government gave unlimited exemption to state taxing policies, benefiting primarily high earners. Again, an attack on blue states with high tax policies...but pragmatically, such exemptions are both the federal government "subsidizing the states" in a way, but also decentralizing the government institutions. In one case you'd expect the left to hate it (targets blue states) and the other the right (drives programs via the federal government instead of SALT).

I find it interesting the amount of saber rattling being pushed by people that support a FAR MORE aggressive tax policy, especially on things deemed to be too far above the midline...like expensive houses. And I don't mean that sarcastically. It's an interesting political strategy, but its terrible disingenuous.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I find it interesting the amount of saber rattling being pushed by people that support a FAR MORE aggressive tax policy, especially on things deemed to be too far above the midline...like expensive houses. And I don't mean that sarcastically. It's an interesting political strategy, but its terrible disingenuous.
What did you just call me?

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Guys knock it off this logic and sense doesn’t help liberals. They need to yell as loud as they can, not let you speak, get louder, if you introduce logic and facts they leave and get louder.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Fox News tells Americans to stop complaining about their shrunken tax refunds
“Here’s the thing. For the most part, the IRS is telling everyone that they just simply did not make the proper adjustments on the withholding at the beginning of the year. So they have been making all of this money,” he said.

Advertisement
He added that employers and taxpayers should have known better, because the Internal Revenue Service “put a lot more memos out” about how to recalculate payroll deductions.

“Of course most people didn’t do that. While people were obviously seeing fatter paychecks they were still counting on that refund they always got. Which is interesting because, you kind of hinted at it, that we would allow the IRS to have like a $2,000 loan, our money, right? Hold on to it because we overpaid. So people should probably consider making these adjustments anyway, unless you want to give the IRS two or three grand of your money to hold for a year. Maybe they can make the interest on it and you won’t.”
According to the Tax Policy Center those in the bottom 20 percent of earners likely saw an average tax cut of about $60 total for the year. The next 20 percent could expect just a $380 total cut, while the top 0.1 percent of Americans saved an average of more than $190,000.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
$22,000,000,000,000 in debt. Jesus fucking Christ.

Trump vowed to cut the national debt ‘very quickly.’ It just hit a record $22 trillion.
The Treasury Department released a report Tuesday evening confirming that the national debt had hit a record $22 trillion — nearly four years after then-candidate Donald Trump promised his supporters he would reduce the national debt from $18 trillion, if elected president.

In its fiscal statement, the department noted the total public debt had reached $22.012 trillion, the first time it has surpassed $21 trillion in history. On the day Trump took office, it was $19.947 trillion, meaning under his administration, the debt has actually risen $2.065 trillion.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Just because I think certain women look hot in those black burka-things doesn't make me a pinko commie libtard does it? Then again I think Hillary Clinton would look better in one too. Wouldn't have to look at her cankles or power suits. Plus she wouldn't have to spend time with an image consultant and accessorizing and shit. I'm sure Slick Willie would be happier too. Unfortunately, to get away from her icy glare you'd have to put some Stevie Wonder, Elvis or Ray-Bans glasses on or better yet just to be sure a good welding mask/shield or whateva.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Maybe Hillary could capture the lefty demographic by announcing her run for the presidency in one of those black burka-things. damn, I should be here image consultant. I'd be rich and wouldn't have to fight the bums at the library to get on the computer. then again I don't think Hillary would listen to a keyboard warrior like me. and that hurts.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
"· Starting in 2018, mortgage interest on total principal of as much as $750,000 in qualified residence loans can be deducted, down from the previous principal limit of $1,000,000.
It's worth pointing out that this limit only applies to new loans originated after 2017. Preexisting mortgage loans are grandfathered into the old limits.
For the purposes of the mortgage interest deduction, a "qualified residence" means the taxpayer's primary residence or second home (not an investment property). Additionally, the loan amount for which interest is deducted cannot exceed the cost of the home."
This is information available everywhere. If this guy can't deduct an additional $3500, he has a very large new mortgage, or an existing mortgage that exceeded $1m (in which case this would not be a new non-deductible). Furthermore, with a large mortgage comes a large income in order to qualify, therefore his tax savings with the new tax cut would put far more than 3,500 per year back into his pocket, if I were to believe he he telling the truth, which I do not.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
First and foremost, trump has only been in office for 2 years. He has been tackling problems left and right, and has been fought every step of the way, yet still accomplished more in that short time than any president. He will get to the deficit. Secondly, when 9bama left office his budget was already in place, so the $2b number is not 100% on trump, as the year he became president, obama's budget was in full swing until October 1 (funny how the article left that out). Third of all, where we're you screaming about Obama when he doubled the deficit? You are aware that if trump stays with $2b per year, which he wont, he still wouldn't have raised the deficit as much as obama, yes? The trump tax cuts and ongoing renegotiation of various trade deals has not come into the national debt discussion yet, as the tax cuts are brand new, and trade deals are ongoing (though he has made several already). On top of that, the US is energy independent now and actually the largest exporter in fossil fuels.
I don't knkw what you expected to happen, but this shit doesn't happen overnight.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
First and foremost, trump has only been in office for 2 years. He has been tackling problems left and right, and has been fought every step of the way, yet still accomplished more in that short time than any president. He will get to the deficit. Secondly, when 9bama left office his budget was already in place, so the $2b number is not 100% on trump, as the year he became president, obama's budget was in full swing until October 1 (funny how the article left that out). Third of all, where we're you screaming about Obama when he doubled the deficit? You are aware that if trump stays with $2b per year, which he wont, he still wouldn't have raised the deficit as much as obama, yes? The trump tax cuts and ongoing renegotiation of various trade deals has not come into the national debt discussion yet, as the tax cuts are brand new, and trade deals are ongoing (though he has made several already). On top of that, the US is energy independent now and actually the largest exporter in fossil fuels.
I don't knkw what you expected to happen, but this shit doesn't happen overnight.
Point of the article seems to be, he didnt reduce the deficit 'very quickly' as promised.

Again, in March 2016, Trump told The Washington Post that he could get rid of the debt “fairly quickly.” When pressed, he said, “Well, I would say over a period of eight years.”
the last budget proposal it released was instead projected to add $7.2 trillion more to the debt over the next 10 years.
The deficit has increased by over 2 trillion $$$.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
So nice of you to say that when it went up under Obama... oh wait....

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
So nice of you to say that when it went up under Obama... oh wait....
“The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion dollars for the first 42 presidents — number 43 added $4 trillion dollars by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion dollars of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child.

That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic.
- Barry obama