Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Based anecdotally on the farms in my home town and the ones that I'm super familiar with... It's closer to 40% than 4%.

But what do we know? It's not like anyone in our immediate family is in a farm industry...
There's farms all over the place here too. It's irrelevant however
This is the more important figure in your stat. This is what our eyes and experiences are telling us directly.

There may be a huge amount of illegals doing other jobs but they (legal and illegal) make up half or more of some types of farm work.
But I said, under 4% of illegals work in agriculture. I didn't say anything about the percentage of illegals in some dark butcher shop somewhere.

The premise was, that if illegals stop working our food becomes more expensive, and I think that may be strongly exaggerated. After all, only 4% off illegals work in agriculture. Anecdotal evidence is meaningless. It's perception, it's all it is.

But still a good discussion to have none the less. I can definitly change my position. But if some retard starts with drunk ratings while I am simply stating a statistic from CIS.org, that is when I know discussion is out the window. Some people are preprogrammed with what they see directly in front of them, without gathering context, and the big picture.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
But I said, under 4% of illegals work in agriculture. I didn't say anything about the percentage of illegals in some dark butcher shop somewhere.
How do they collect data for the number of illegals in a given occupation? Seems self reporting and employer based reporting would be significantly under reported due to fear of prosecution.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Mueller: Manafort worked with alleged Russian agent even after criminal charges
Paul Manafort and an alleged Russian intelligence operative hatched a plan for the future of Ukraine during the 2016 presidential election campaign that continued even after Manafort was criminally charged, prosecutors indicated on Tuesday.

The office of Robert Mueller, the special counsel, said in a court filing that Manafort, Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman, communicated with Konstantin Kilimnik between August 2016 and March 2018 about a topic that was blacked out from public view.

But an exhibit included with the heavily redacted court filing showed that Manafort worked on a Microsoft Word document titled “new initiative for peace” in February 2018 as part of his continuing discussions with Kilimnik.

Attorneys for Manafort, 69, revealed in a separate court filing last week that he is accused by Mueller of discussing a “Ukraine peace plan” with Kilimnik “on more than one occasion” – and then lying about it when questioned by investigators.

The allegations, if confirmed, would mean that Trump’s campaign chief was working on a plan to settle Russia’s conflict with Ukraine on terms favourable for the Kremlin while the Russian government was interfering in the 2016 US election to help Trump.

US intelligence chiefs concluded that the Russian interference operation was ordered by Vladimir Putin to benefit Trump’s campaign and harm Hillary Clinton, his Democratic opponent. Mueller is investigating whether Trump associates were involved in the Russian activities.

Kilimnik, 48, trained at a university connected to Russia’s military intelligence agency, formerly known as the GRU, which allegedly spearheaded the Kremlin’s effort to disrupt the 2016 election.

Oct 24, 2015
Anecdotal evidence versus CIS.org (Center for Immigration Studies)

"Agricultural Work. The tendency for immigrants to work in agriculture is often overestimated. In fact, we find that only 4 percent of illegal immigrants and 2 percent of all immigrants work on farms.5 Immigrants do make up a significant share of farm workers — accounting for half or more of some types of farm work. But only about one million people of any nativity work on farms in the United States, accounting for less than 1 percent of the entire civilian labor force of 160 million.6"

There Are No Jobs Americans Won’t Do

You dumb dumb. 4% of the illegal immigrants work in agriculture, that may still mean you've got 80% of your workers in that shit dump you work in, be only part of that 4% of all illegal immigrants. Less pot, more reading. More drunk ratings. What is triggering me is your inability to read.
Are you fucken stupid? That’s all the plants here in the Midwest. 100 mile radius we have 4 of them. Still getting triggered off internet ratings huh? Lmao.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
he gon mess up his toilet. glad I don't need razors the funny thing is that my overwhelming Spartan toxic masculinity is what allows me grow a huge beard and not shave it and therefore no need to buy razors.
Nothing like a close shave.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Are you fucken stupid? That’s all the plants here in the Midwest. 100 mile radius we have 4 of them. Still getting triggered off internet ratings huh? Lmao.
I am afraid you are right. I've misjudged you. I should take a random unschooled pothead on the internet's word, over that of the Center for Immigrantion Studies (CIS).

I still advice you to get educated, you'd be able to read a bit better before you go off on the internet. Also, you wouldn't have to compete with uneducated, illegal, immigrants in some shithole you call a job. You wouldn't have to do all this projecting just because you are miserable. You would've been able to have a discussion as an adult, with an actual retort, rather than a drunk rating, or internet yelling. I am an immigrant, I am better educated than you, and speak YOUR language better than you. I probably look better than you as well. Now kindly sit down and clean cow shit.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
How do they collect data for the number of illegals in a given occupation? Seems self reporting and employer based reporting would be significantly under reported due to fear of prosecution.
Absolutely. But I'd guess it would more accurate than mere assumptions. There's a lot of farms here, fields, etc. I see immigrants working there on a seasonal basis. Yet It'd be wrong for me to consider them illegals. They'd have to go with overal number of workers, and fill in gap with what the actual workforce would need to actually produce and deliver.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
This is the more important figure in your stat. This is what our eyes and experiences are telling us directly.

There may be a huge amount of illegals doing other jobs but they (legal and illegal) make up half or more of some types of farm work.
They also drive the wage of farm workers down to the point that no one else is willing to do the job

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Absolutely. But I'd guess it would more accurate than mere assumptions. There's a lot of farms here, fields, etc. I see immigrants working there on a seasonal basis. Yet It'd be wrong for me to consider them illegals. They'd have to go with overal number of workers, and fill in gap with what the actual workforce would need to actually produce and deliver.
Good points. Yet we both agree, illegal immigrant workers are almost certainly under reported. I would assume you could double the numbers and they would be more accurate.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Florida official embraces Islamophobia, says Tlaib could ‘Become a martyr and blow up Capitol Hill’
A commissioner in Hallandale Beach, Florida this week launched an Islamophobic attack on freshman Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib, accusing Tlaib of being a terrorist.

“[Rashida Tlaib] is a Hamas-loving anti-Semite [who] has NO place in government!” Annabelle Lima-Taub wrote in a now-deleted Facebook post, according to the South Florida Sun Sentinel, which first reported the story. “She is a danger and would not put it past her to become a martyr and blow up Capitol Hill.”

DiSmAnTLeR

Apr 5, 2016

Do social workers in British Columbia not study Sociology? /s You should know the benefits, pitfalls, and limitations of self reporting in regards to surveys and questionnaires. I took “SOCI 260A” last term and it was addressed in the first chapter. It was the easiest academic course that I took in my life. Literally, an Oilfield BSO (basic safety orientation) is more difficult.

Step up your game, Gusto. This is your profession.

Oct 24, 2015
I am afraid you are right. I've misjudged you. I should take a random unschooled pothead on the internet's word, over that of the Center for Immigrantion Studies (CIS).

I still advice you to get educated, you'd be able to read a bit better before you go off on the internet. Also, you wouldn't have to compete with uneducated, illegal, immigrants in some shithole you call a job. You wouldn't have to do all this projecting just because you are miserable. You would've been able to have a discussion as an adult, with an actual retort, rather than a drunk rating, or internet yelling. I am an immigrant, I am better educated than you, and speak YOUR language better than you. I probably look better than you as well. Now kindly sit down and clean cow shit.
Lmao.

DiSmAnTLeR

Apr 5, 2016
Good points. Yet we both agree, illegal immigrant workers are almost certainly under reported. I would assume you could double the numbers and they would be more accurate.

Do you not see any issues with arbitrarily assuming that a self reported number is double the reported number and then working off of that information?

DiSmAnTLeR

Apr 5, 2016
I am better educated than you, and speak YOUR language better than you.
You may feel that you speak the English language very well, but in terms of writing, you come across as having a very basis level of competence. “I am better educated than you”, quite frankly sounds like your aren’t “better educated” than the person that you are addressing.

Despite having obtained a greater level of education than “Pothead”, you struggle with constructing your sentences in a meaningful fashion that represents your supposed level of education.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Do social workers in British Columbia not study Sociology? /s You should know the benefits, pitfalls, and limitations of self reporting in regards to surveys and questionnaires. I took “SOCI 260A” last term and it was addressed in the first chapter. It was the easiest academic course that I took in my life. Literally, an Oilfield BSO (basic safety orientation) is more difficult.

Step up your game, Gusto. This is your profession.

Now explain how regardless of your sample method, it's still not a science.