Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SNIDELY WHIPLASH

DOOGOODER!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2015
That's kind of what I'd deduced through watching him speak. Just thought I'd ask for some clarifciation.

At one of the debates he was asked about minorities and police officers and given some disproportionate stats about violence against minorities by police. He responded with "That's a good question...." then went on a tangent about what a great job police do because it's a hard job. He knows this because just yesterday he was talking to *insert local PD* and the crowd went wild. I looked at my friend and said "He wasn't even close to answering that question, was he?"

Although I agree with his sentiment about cops being hard working people with a difficult job, he was asked a direct question that he flat ignored.
This is always the case with Trump, he typically spits a bunch of platitudes which is directly converted by the media into a narrative that he really knows what's going on with the public. The only thing I'll agree with is that Trump has connected to anger, but it's an 'us vs them' anger not some deep logistical understanding of what the actual issues are, he rarely addresses issues. He draws upon the same well every time he needs poll numbers. Example: Yesterday he just went back in on Megyn Kelly out of the blue because he knows he can. He doesn't attack people who attack back. He stopped shitting on Rubio roughly around the time Rubio started shitting on him.

SNIDELY WHIPLASH

DOOGOODER!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2015
I must have missed when he started to back off of little Marco
Roughly around the time that he had to say 'maybe he's not such a lightweight' in the debates. As soon as he's personally attacked the way he does others he goes into Biff mode.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Nah. When Rubio was calling Trump the most orange man in America and insulting his hands he was the most exciting he's been the entire election.
Yup. And Trump fired back and the dude folded like a piece of paper. Literally sweating bullets each time they went at it in the debates.

SNIDELY WHIPLASH

DOOGOODER!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2015
Yup. And Trump fired back and the dude folded like a piece of paper. Literally sweating bullets each time they went at it in the debates.
Fired back with what? He went on a full media rant about how his hands weren't small and that there is 'no problem'.

He left Rubio alone after that. The polls decided Rubio's fate shortly afterwards. Apparently the voters didn't like Rubio bullying Trump.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Fired back with what? He went on a full media rant about how his hands weren't small and that there is 'no problem'.

He left Rubio alone after that. The polls decided Rubio's fate shortly afterwards. Apparently the voters didn't like Rubio bullying Trump.
Biggest attack point I can recall was Marco's absenteeism. And he hammered that point often. That's a big one.

SNIDELY WHIPLASH

DOOGOODER!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2015
Biggest attack point I can recall was Marco's absenteeism. And he hammered that point often. That's a big one.
That was a talking point months ago, as I said, Rubio just recently went on the offensive and it got ugly. After that Trump left him alone. In fact, he had to go on the defensive and spent an entire speech in Iowa I believe defending the size of his hands.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Would you like a link to the speech?
To believe he spent an entire speech defending a childish insult? Yes. I'd have to see that speech to believe it. I did see the speech he gave where he defended all of his old failed business ventures. But that's not the same thing. Just as bizarre, but certainly a distinction.

SNIDELY WHIPLASH

DOOGOODER!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2015
To believe he spent an entire speech defending a childish insult? Yes. I'd have to see that speech to believe it. I did see the speech he gave where he defended all of his old failed business ventures. But that's not the same thing. Just as bizarre, but certainly a distinction.
"I have to say this, he hit my hands. Nobody has ever hit my hands. I’ve never heard of this one. Look at those hands. Are they small hands? And he referred to my hands if they’re small, something else must be small," he said. "I guarantee you there’s no problem. I guarantee you.”

Trump was responding to Marco Rubio's mockery of his allegedly short hands, which Rubio had intimated correlated with other part's of Trump's body.

He preceded his anatomy discussion with a backhanded compliment to his rival. “Well, I also happen to call [Rubio] a lightweight, OK, and I have said that. So, I would like to take that back. He’s really not that much of a lightweight," Trump said.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
"I have to say this, he hit my hands. Nobody has ever hit my hands. I’ve never heard of this one. Look at those hands. Are they small hands? And he referred to my hands if they’re small, something else must be small," he said. "I guarantee you there’s no problem. I guarantee you.”

Trump was responding to Marco Rubio's mockery of his allegedly short hands, which Rubio had intimated correlated with other part's of Trump's body.

He preceded his anatomy discussion with a backhanded compliment to his rival. “Well, I also happen to call [Rubio] a lightweight, OK, and I have said that. So, I would like to take that back. He’s really not that much of a lightweight," Trump said.
I recall that quite vividly. It was a very brief exchange in an otherwise good debate.

SNIDELY WHIPLASH

DOOGOODER!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2015
I recall that quite vividly. It was a very brief exchange in an otherwise good debate.
All I'm saying is that Trump doesn't have a thick skin and he doesn't handle insults well. He's a great hammer but folds when people don't back down.

One only has to follow his twitter feed and see his interactions with random celebs to see the same thing.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
All I'm saying is that Trump doesn't have a thick skin and he doesn't handle insults well. He's a great hammer but folds when people don't back down.

One only has to follow his twitter feed and see his interactions with random celebs to see the same thing.
I agree to a certain extent. But I'd also say he's pretty fucking effective at dishing it back.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG5kSgJtyQg

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Reddit user explains the attraction to the Donald

>On the times that /r/the_donald reaches the front page, [people are confused](Visited /R/The_Donald Not sure if Trump supporters, or people making fun of Trump supporters. - Futurama Fry | Make a Meme).
We speak in memes and with **HIGH ENERGY** because debate is useless since most had their minds decided against Trump from the get-go. But, I'll try anyway since we are getting a lot of newcomers lately.
**The discussion is sabotaged before it even begins**
Here are only a few examples of the shit we have to read every day:
* HuffPo posted a picture with Don [mid-wave to look like a Hitler salute](HuffPo goes Donaldphobic • /r/The_Donald).
* The Don is [again compared to Hitler](The moment of truth: We must stop Trump).
* The pundits continually claim Trump's ["ceiling" is never going to get higher](Remember how everyone said Trump has a "ceiling", he can't go any higher? • /r/The_Donald) so he can't win. But, then it goes higher and he wins. So the MSM claims THIS is his new ceiling. Repeat until white house.
* [Polling agendas are everywhere](This shows how bad the NBC/WSJ poll is. • /r/The_Donald).
* Reddit removed [this thread from /r/all](Trump: As president, I would prosecute Clinton • /r/The_Donald), where the Don says he'll prosecute Hillary. She's being investigated by the FBI for crimes, but Reddit has an agenda: can't let conservative airtime wash out the Bern.
So not only do we have to listen to everyone calling Trump "Hitler" (and by extension, that means we are Nazis in their view!),
but even the very place we gather to discuss is against us. We absolutely *want* to discuss, but discourse with someone labeling you a Nazi right out of the gate means that is an impossibility.
**Why do we like the Don?**
* He's socially liberal, fiscally conservative: no more religious-right or Tea Party shit that us conservatives have to be embarrassed about. He's an electable libertarian, ~~like Ron Paul without the gold fetish~~ (EDIT: it was pointed out that this isn't a good analogy).
* He doesn't want or need special interest groups funding him: Isn't this our *dream* for politics? To get people like the Koch brothers out of policy making? Well, the guy is sitting right in front of us!
* He's not a career politician: no backroom deals or terrible compromises because you owe this person or group a favor. Isn't this what we want?
* He's anti-war: Again, isn't this what we all want?
* He's anti TPP, another Reddit pain point
* He's pro-woman: This is what equality *actually* looks like. His #2 for a long time was a woman. His daughter is running his businesses while he's stumping, and not his older or other sons. There's no grand speeches on someday-maybe-kinda-doing-something-*oh-god-look-at-the-time*. Can you do the job? Great, go for it. He's a believer in women.
* He's so goddamned talented he does it against all odds: Billionaire. Dems hate him. GOP hates him. Media hates him. *It doesn't matter*. Jeb! spent $125 million to come in last place. Trump, with everyone against him, spent $25 million to establish a dominant lead. Instead of attack ads, 7% of his budget went to...[hats](Trump, king of free media, finally bankrolls campaign - GOP leader lent his campaign $12.8 million, but spent it in highly unconventional fashion ("about $450,000 ― or nearly 7 percent of all Trump’s fourth-quarter spending ― went towards hats") • /r/The_Donald). *He destroyed the Bush dynasty with a Twitter account and baseball caps*. Holy. Fuck.
**The Great Wall of America**
Look in the sidebar for better explanations on this one. The TL;DR version is: Yes walls work as shown by Israel and Hungary, and Mexico will pay for it as they have no leverage. Mexico depends on the US economy vastly more than the other way around. The Don merely has to say "We're going to re-visit NAFTA to bring manufacturing back to the US" and the Mexican government will pay for it if he lets the issue drop. NAFTA eliminates tariffs between MX/US, which means [US companies or US-facing companies (partial list)](Global Companies succeeding with Mexico Manufacturing | TACNA Services) are taking advantage of Mexican costs of manufacturing and reaping US rewards.
**Racism**
This is pointless to debate, but here's a small go.
"Undocumented immigrants" or whatever you want to call illegal aliens today are never called one thing: "American citizens". The duty of the government is to look out for its' people. It's not racism, it's the damn job description. The people that are here legally *do* have the title of "American citizen" and the Don isn't harboring any resentment towards them. The policy is only forward-looking. Why not build The Great Wall of American on the Canada side? Because they aren't coming across the border illegally (at least in large numbers as evidenced by hockey not overtaking the NFL in popularity). (And because we want them to bring over poutine into our culture and they still haven't, but the Don will fix this plz plz plz)
Islam. Name the last Taoist/Buddhist/Hindu/Xtian/Jewish/etc religion or government that preaches mass murder. Iran (run by the Ayatollah and clerics) chants "death to america". All the people beheading and bombing constantly mention their reason for doing so: "God told us to". Religions that advise killing over cartoon drawings are dangerous. Ignoring it doesn't make the problem go away.
**How is the Don 360 no-scoping everyone?**
Scott Adams (of Dilbert fame) does a wonderful piece on how [Trump is stumping the shit out of people](Scott Adams Blog). When you look at it logically, he's bringing nukes to knife fights. Everyone can recite his policies and quips like "the wall" and "low energy" because he's brilliant at anchoring. Meanwhile, other candidates can't distinguish themselves from one another. Bernie and Hillary are currently going back and forth claiming the other person copied them.
[Why we are the domreddit](PETITION TO STOP REFERRING TO THE_DONALD AS A SUB OR SUBREDDIT. SUB SOUNDS TOO CLOSE TO SUBMISSIVE AND THRRE ARE NO CUCKS HERE. WE ARE THE ALPHAREDDIT. • /r/The_Donald)
These things and more are all points we'd like to talk about with people. But first, you have to stop calling us Nazis or no one gets anywhere.
**MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN**
EDIT: Thank you for my first gold. Gold conducts electricity. Very high energy.
EDIT: Thanks to you, I'll now be taking [*golden* showers](
View: http://imgur.com/KLB8u4j
).

SNIDELY WHIPLASH

DOOGOODER!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2015
I agree to a certain extent. But I'd also say he's pretty fucking effective at dishing it back.
See, I don't really agree with that but then again I'm not a supporter. I find it all to be fairly repetitive and lacking in depth. This is just from a 'yo momma' standpoint. The stuff he says is effective because you're not supposed to be saying it, not because it's really funny or that he's got some kind of comedic chops.

I find Obama funny though. I find the often right-leaning Bill Burr to be hilarious.