Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Trump viciously attacks NBC News reporter in extended rant after being asked for message to Americans worried about coronavirus - CNN

Toward the end of the exchange, Alexander cited the latest pandemic statistics showing thousands of Americans are now infected and millions are scared.

Alexander asked, "What do you say to Americans who are scared?"

"Let me just tell you something," Trump added. "That's really bad reporting. And you ought to get back to reporting instead of sensationalism."
Moments later, Kaitlan Collins, a White House correspondent for CNN, asked Trump if it was appropriate to embark on tirades against members of the news media during a public health crisis.
"You see yourself as a wartime President right now, leading the country through a pandemic that we are experiencing," Collins noted. "Do you think going off on Peter, going off on a network is appropriate when the country is going through something like this?"
Trump defended his verbal assault on Alexander, saying he's "not a good journalist" and launching into another rant against him.
"Coming together is much harder when we have dishonest journalists," Trump said.
Alexander said in a statement that he was "trying to provide the president an opportunity to reassure the millions of Americans, members of my own family and my neighbors and my community and plenty of people sitting at home, this was his opportunity to do that, to provide a positive or uplifting message. Instead, you saw the president's answer to that question right now."
"The bottom line is, this is a president whose experiences in life are very different than most Americans across this country right now," Alexander said. "Not a person who likely worries about finances or had, not a person who in the course of his life is worried about his future, not a person who is worried about where to find a paycheck for his bills or for his rent and as evidenced by the president suggesting that an opportunity to provide for American some reassurance about how they should feel right now, the president instead took it out on me."
Alexander's NBC News colleague and host of "Meet the Press" weighed on the matter, praising him for his "professionalism."
"I wish people on the on the other side of the podium had the same professionalism as well, so thank you, Peter," Todd said.
After striking a somber tone earlier in the week, Trump in recent days has returned to his usual attacks against the press.
At Thursday's coronavirus press briefing, Trump smeared The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post.
"They're very dishonest," Trump claimed.
Trump then praised a far-right media outlet,saying it is "very good" and noting, "They treat me very nicely."
The right-wing personality from that media outlet falsely said major newsrooms had "teamed up" with the Chinese Communist Party to attack Trump.
The person then asked, "Is it alarming that major media players that just oppose you are consistently siding with foreign state propaganda, Islamic radicals and Latin gangs and cartels?"
Instead of rebuking the right-wing personality for the question, Trump on Thursday boasted that he had canceled the White House's subscriptions to the country's major newspapers.
"It amazes me when I read the things that I read," Trump said Thursday. "It amazes me when I read The Wall Street Journal which is so negative and The New York Times, I barely read it. We don't distribute it in the White House, and the same with The Washington Post.

LeGarconDeCum

Dec 25, 2019

That doctor broad and Pence keeping absolute straight fucking faces the entire time is some prime shit right there.

Imagine writing that down in your moleskine notebook while big sassy president is babbling and thinking “oh my god...the perfect question. He’s gonna be so boxed in and have to resign. And then who will be president? Will it be...me? I mean why not? I asked the Very Good Question...” What a dork

Trump is still the undefeated and undisputed king of presidency

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
‘Google’s’ Verily website is up and running (for only a couple select counties in the Bay Area) but hardly offers what Trump was offering...

Those 1700 engineers work awfully slow.

Project Baseline

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Trump: 'I don't know' if my businesses will receive coronavirus assistance
President Donald Trump said Saturday he wasn’t sure if his business would receive financial assistance as part of coronavirus relief packages being considered by Congress.

“I don’t know. I mean, I just don’t know what the government assistance would be for what I have,” Trump said at a White House briefing. “I have hotels. Everybody knew I had hotels when I got elected. They knew I was a successful person when I got elected so it’s one of those things.”

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Trump Writes to Kim Jong-un Offering Help in Virus Fight, North Korea Says
President Trump has sent a letter to North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, expressing his willingness to help the North battle the coronavirus, North Korea said on Sunday.

“I would like to extend sincere gratitude to the U.S. president for sending his invariable faith to the Chairman,” said Kim Yo-jong, the North Korean leader’s sister and policy aide, in a statement carried by the North’s state-run Korean Central News Agency. Ms. Kim lauded Mr. Trump’s decision to write the letter as “a good judgment and proper action.”

In the letter, Mr. Trump “wished the family of the Chairman and our people well-being,” Ms. Kim said, referring to his brother by one of his official titles.

According to Ms. Kim, Mr. Trump also explained his plan to move relations between the two countries forward and “expressed his intent to render cooperation in the anti-epidemic work, saying that he was impressed by the efforts made by the Chairman to defend his people from the serious threat of the epidemic.”