Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I've long said health insurance shouldn't be a benefit tied to emloyment. I don't think the gov should run it either as that would be a complete clusterfuck, but mass layoffs definitely expose the issue.

His numbers aren't accurate, but that doesn't mean he's wrong.

I can shop around and find my own competitive rates on auto and home insurance.
Health insurance should be the same way. It doesn't need to be as bloated as it is.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I've long said health insurance shouldn't be a benefit tied to emloyment. I don't think the gov should run it either as that would be a complete clusterfuck, but mass layoffs definitely expose the issue.

His numbers aren't accurate, but that doesn't mean he's wrong.

I can shop around and find my own competitive rates on auto and home insurance.
Health insurance should be the same way. It doesn't need to be as bloated as it is.
$1400 a month for both of us now due to recent events. I know England is a bit buggered but I feel very very homesick. That's more than my rent was when I lived there last.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
$1400 a month for both of us now due to recent events. I know England is a bit buggered but I feel very very homesick. That's more than my rent was when I lived there last.
Yup. Hammering it down on your own right now is painful because we aren't set up that way.

It should be a tiered system where people pay based on risk and usage.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Yup. Hammering it down on your own right now is painful because we aren't set up that way.

Don't think I'm slagging America off, I wouldn't have moved here otherwise.
He went for the premium Kaiser insurance but I am seriously knowing my luck just run out and I'll be fine till we run out of money. Next test is in May. I'm not going mental about it, it's just impossible finanially.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019

It should be free at the point.of use.

You guys are crazy

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Nothing is free.
If you think it's free, you are crazy. ;)

If you don't understand free at the point of use I can't help you.

You are too far gone.

You have a Stockholm syndrome mentality when it comes to health care. It's like you want to be punished. Or at least punished enough that it hurts the next man just a little bit more then it's ok.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This is not something the politic about.

Well fuck me. It got politicked about.
Open in an incognito tab to get around pay wall...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...s-him-fired-inside-ouster-capt-brett-crozier/

@conor mcgregor nut hugger
I don't want to keep messing up the coronavirus thread. I think it's important information thread.

so I'm posting it here and it does kind of have to do with politics.
This doesn't change my opinion that he is a justified removal. Another captain wrote a letter today in an opinion piece that states that a lot of the people cc'd aren't even in the Navy. That just further justifies my opinion that you have to remove the guy for breaking the chain of the command. You're stuck doing it.
But it looks like the Navy side wanted to get rid of him at a different time. He boned up the way he did it but they are trying to get their leaders to come forward with this kind of stuff up the chain. The worry is that now they won't do that either.
So justified removal but timing counterproductive.

Well it turns out that the Navy brass got overruled by the appointed civilian DODs.

That makes this removal look like or actually be an undue command influence.

I still think you have to remove the guy unless some new facts come to light. Ship was already in port and Navy already getting guys off the ship and testing people. There are public statements about it. They're in Guam. He lit them up in the middle of it in the most non-chain way possible. Enlisted will love this but it's not the right way.

But to give you a point, I'm really uncomfortable with the aspect that the only reason he was removed right now instead of later was civilian politics overriding command climate.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Well fuck me. It got politicked about.
Open in an incognito tab to get around pay wall...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...s-him-fired-inside-ouster-capt-brett-crozier/

@conor mcgregor nut hugger
I don't want to keep messing up the coronavirus thread. I think it's important information thread.

so I'm posting it here and it does kind of have to do with politics.
This doesn't change my opinion that he is a justified removal. Another captain wrote a letter today in an opinion piece that states that a lot of the people cc'd aren't even in the Navy. That just further justifies my opinion that you have to remove the guy for breaking the chain of the command. You're stuck doing it.
But it looks like the Navy side wanted to get rid of him at a different time. He boned up the way he did it but they are trying to get their leaders to come forward with this kind of stuff up the chain. The worry is that now they won't do that either.
So justified removal but timing counterproductive.

Well it turns out that the Navy brass got overruled by the appointed civilian DODs.

That makes this removal look like or actually be an undue command influence.

I still think you have to remove the guy unless some new facts come to light. Ship was already in port and Navy already getting guys off the ship and testing people. There are public statements about it. They're in Guam. He lit them up in the middle of it in the most non-chain way possible. Enlisted will love this but it's not the right way.

But to give you a point, I'm really uncomfortable with the aspect that the only reason he was removed right now instead of later was civilian politics overriding command climate.
Modley over-stepped, it's more about everybody knowing that you wield the hammer than it is about driving the nail.
He's not letting this get resolved at the lowest level, he's fucking the Chain of Command from the top down...just like Crozier did from the bottom up.

M

member 1013

Modley over-stepped, it's more about everybody knowing that you wield the hammer than it is about driving the nail.
He's not letting this get resolved at the lowest level, he's fucking the Chain of Command from the top down...just like Crozier did from the bottom up.
Did you see me drive that nail with my hammer

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Well put.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Thanks for this. That's absolutely hilarious and.
Tom Green has always been pretty funny to me and his various roles but he's really got great timing for a stand-up.
I met him once when I was a teenager before he moved to the States for his MTV show. True story.