Society The Donald J. Trump Show - M-m-m-My Corona Edition

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
What a silly upside down piece of writing. Typical Brit Liberal babble with zero substance. Just an attack piece based on fiction.
Truly pathetic.

Le Chat Noir
©

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Someone once asked me why I don't like Trump on here. This guy nails it.

A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed. So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever. I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman. But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers. And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface. Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront. Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul. And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist. Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that. He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat. He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.
A very surface level anaylsis of Obama.

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
Oh my.

These Republicans In Name Only have dared to oppose the great leader!? Or perhaps that feel he is the RINO......?

CNN: New GOP group launches $10 million campaign to get Republicans to vote for Biden over Trump.

Sad.
I expect a twitter desertation shortly.

Namaste

Fingers

File 404 not found
Nov 14, 2019
So do they just not have history classes in the U.K. at all, or?...

What are you trying to say?

Are you referring to the largest empire in the history of the world and conflating this with a morbidly obese orange petulant man child?

I need context here.

Fingers

File 404 not found
Nov 14, 2019
Well, the U.K. was the bully of the world for about 100 years.

Well if you're looking at semantics it was probably 210 years. Depends on how far you want to go back..

But I'm glad we have context now.

And we can understand you are a product of your piss poor education system..

But the point remains. Your country still treats black people as sub human.

This is fact.

Fingers

File 404 not found
Nov 14, 2019
Your president is not helping and taking the piss out of black people.
Tbis is also fact

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
"Voter fraud doesn't occur with mail in ballots"

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
"Voter fraud doesn't occur with mail in ballots"

'The criminal complaint against Cooper alleges that the Pendleton County clerk received eight “2020 Primary Election COVID-19 Mail-In Absentee Request" forms to the Pendleton County Courthouse in April that appeared to have had the voters' party-ballot requests altered. '

8 votes.