Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

The Golan Heights do not belong to Israel, the same way Crimea does not belong to Russia.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
To be clear, I think the Golan Heights should just be resolved with following the UN decision from the 80s and call it a day. But I don't understand the analogy at all. They are very different circumstances with different histories and justifications.

M

member 3289

To be clear, I think the Golan Heights should just be resolved with following the UN decision from the 80s and call it a day. But I don't understand the analogy at all. They are very different circumstances with different histories and justifications.
Both territories were claimed through military force and in violation of international law.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
My hope is that there are no grounds for impeachment in any of what comes out of this. I personally could do without the theatre.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I agree with you about the Golan Heights but I think it's a messier situation than Crimea. The Crimean Tartars might have a case to be aggrieved, but the Ukrainians have no real historical claim. The majority of citizens in Crimea want to be part of Russia, so trying to return it to Ukraine now would actually be a violation of the principle of self-determination.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
My hope is that there are no grounds for impeachment in any of what comes out of this. I personally could do without the theatre.
Yes, what's really important is that any investigation doesn't offend the noble sensibilities of a random person on the internet. That's the key issue here.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
It looks like you might get a win here, but this reaction is a bit premature. Nobody has seen the report.

Trump can't be indicted - so him not being indicted doesn't mean anything at this stage.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
It looks like you might get a win here, but this reaction is a bit premature. Nobody has seen the report.

Trump can't be indicted - so him not being indicted doesn't mean anything at this stage.
Not quite as premature as accusing the president of treason one second into his presidency. Not necessarily you but the left in America in general.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Not quite as premature as accusing the president of treason one second into his presidency. Not necessarily you but the left in America in general.
Yes, can't argue with that. I'm not saying your laughter isn't justified, just slightly premature.

People who've been clinging on to the Russia conspiracy theory are about to be exposed.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Yes, what's really important is that any investigation doesn't offend the noble sensibilities of a random person on the internet. That's the key issue here.
No, what's important is that no sane American should want the President of the United States to be guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors, especially colluding with a foreign power. If evidence should show that he is, then of course he has to face consequences, but actively desiring that he should be or hoping for it even is nihilistic and short-sighted over what will follow politically. So again, I hope there's nothing there, for all our sakes.