Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

None of which ultimately led to any concrete evidence that the Trump campaign engaged in the type of conspiratorial activity that was the point of the investigation.
The primary objective was to look for collusion, but the investigation covered anything and everything that was discovered during said search.

He's had a massive win on this.
Without question

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
None of which ultimately led to any concrete evidence that the Trump campaign engaged in the type of conspiratorial activity that was the point of the investigation.

Trump is a crook surrounded by crooks. But by jumping at shadows and trying to go after him for a wild conspiracy rather than the shit he actually did do, that matters less than it ever did now.

He's had a massive win on this.
The point of the investigation was not to determine whether the President himself had engaged in anything. It was to determine whether he, his campaign or anyone in his administration had colluded with foreign powers or attempted to obstruct investigation into such collusion.

Thankfully he didn't, but those others that did being held accountable considering how highly placed they were means that anyone spinning this as a waste of time or resources basically thinks what all of those close associates to the President did was no big deal.

I'm glad we'll all be spared the indignity of another impeachment in my lifetime. But I'm dismayed that all these people who occupied the halls of power decided to put corruption and graft above country.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
The primary objective was to look for collusion, but the investigation covered anything and everything that was discovered during said search.

Without question
Yes, but the problem is that an investigation into a sitting President is only meaningful to the extent that it has political effects. Those are gone. Trump is bulletproof amongst his party and his base now.

I think a sudden economic crisis is the only way he loses re-election.

M

member 3289

Yes, but the problem is that an investigation into a sitting President is only meaningful to the extent that it has political effects. Those are gone. Trump is bulletproof amongst his party and his base now.

I think a sudden economic crisis is the only way he loses re-election.
I think it'll be more predictable than sudden.

Trickle-down economics have never worked and they won't work now.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

This is the tactic Dems should have been taking for the last two years instead of setting the stake at effective Manchurian candidate. Mueller would have figured out the latter but the messaging has not been, "we don't know if Trump is compromised but we do know that he willfully accepted foreign interference happily -- that's unamerican! ". Bang that drum for 2 years and you neutralize Trump politically and have bigger wins in 2018 and 2020. Instead, this will now feel like moving the goal posts to many and the messaging is weaker after the fact.
Obsession with impeachment preventing a more effective counter.