Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
No offense, but that's pretty obtuse.
I read the article. Their employment obligation for the day was show up to see the president blah, blah, blah and you'll be paid your overtime for that day. If you want to stay home that's cool but you're not being paid.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I read the article. Their employment obligation for the day was show up to see the president blah, blah, blah and you'll be paid your overtime for that day. If you want to stay home that's cool but you're not being paid.
This is a president who likes to boast about his crowd sizes and his imagined support among the working class. Do you think it's any coincidence that Trump wanted himself in front of a crowd of yellow vested workers for optics reasons? There's nothing abnormal about coming in for a work day and having to attend an all day training or meeting. But they only got overtime because getting out of the event proved to be such a challenge since they had to wait for the motorcade to depart. But later on the campaign trail, this will be used to manufacture imagery of Trump being somehow for the working man when his policies have been anything but. And even on this day, most of the people there report being annoyed more than anything. It's a time worn tradition for Presidents to use workers as part of their spectacle. My point in posting this is that the guy who's supposed to be so different is the same.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
This is a president who likes to boast about his crowd sizes and his imagined support among the working class. Do you think it's any coincidence that Trump wanted himself in front of a crowd of yellow vested workers for optics reasons? There's nothing abnormal about coming in for a work day and having to attend an all day training or meeting. But they only got overtime because getting out of the event proved to be such a challenge since they had to wait for the motorcade to depart. But later on the campaign trail, this will be used to manufacture imagery of Trump being somehow for the working man when his policies have been anything but. And even on this day, most of the people there report being annoyed more than anything. It's a time worn tradition for Presidents to use workers as part of their spectacle. My point in posting this is that the guy who's supposed to be so different is the same.
Glad the actions of the union aren’t the same. All orange man’s fault.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
But they only got overtime because getting out of the event proved to be such a challenge since they had to wait for the motorcade to depart.
Not quite:

Shell spokesman Ray Fisher explained that the workers onsite have a 56-hour workweek, with 16 hours of overtime built in. That means those workers who attended Mr. Trump’s speech and showed up for work Friday, meeting the overtime threshold, were being paid at a rate of time and a half, while those who didn’t go to hear the president were being paid the regular rate
And even on this day, most of the people there report being annoyed more than anything.
Mr. Trump received a generally warm and at times cheerful welcome at Shell, where he praised natural gas extraction in Appalachia and talked about his political grievances and name-called some opponents.
My point in posting this is that the guy who's supposed to be so different is the same.
If he wasn't different, he wouldn't be constantly drawing criticism and praise where it's largely undeserved. Read through this thread, there are essentially 2 repeated views. "Trump great!" and "Orange man bad!"

I've said it before and I'll say it again, people need to learn what the word "nuance" means and start applying it to things. Those who hate Trump should be more focused on this than his supporters, but I digress.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
US women’s soccer team co-captain Megan Rapinoe revealed that her father voted for President Trump in the 2016 election — despite her once referring to herself as a “walking protest” of his administration.

The World Cup champion said that not only does her dad support the president, but both her parents regularly tune in to Fox News, which covered her spat with Trump after she balked at the idea of visiting the White House.
https://nypost.com/2019/08/19/megan-rapinoe-reveals-her-dad-voted-for-donald-trump/

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
did you even read the article?

these are the stuff that's written
"Federal law enforcement authorities have privately told ABC News" ... yea so no one can check the facts since it's "private"

also says
"Any public figure could have the effect of inspiring people," FBI Director Chris Wray told a Senate panel in July. "But remember that the people who commit hate fueled violence are not logical, rational people."

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
How old do you think those kids are?
Looks like the future radical Muslim/Jew haters are 7 and 13. The older one is the one radical muslim Rashida Tlaib told "We're gonna impeach the Motherfucker" like the good holy peaceful Muslim she is...