Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I love how people are all spun up about a RUMOR of trump using adderall but conveniently forget that Obummer admitted to using cocaine.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
I love how people are all spun up about a RUMOR of trump using adderall but conveniently forget that Obummer admitted to using cocaine.
If your telling me Trump has never used cocaine, he isnt half the party boy I thought he was.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Trump’s Next Chief of Staff Called Him ‘A Terrible Human Being’ Just Before He Was Elected President
Mick Mulvaney, the Office of Management and Budget Director who President Donald Trump tweeted Friday would serve as acting chief of staff after John Kelly departs in January, has been a loyal Trump supporter — he just didn’t always like it so much.

During a debate with his then-congressional challenger, Democrat Fran Person, on Nov. 2 of 2016, less than a week before Trump was elected president, then- congressman Mulvaney was blunt with those gathered at York Middle School in York, South Carolina.

After decrying the Democratic nominee former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as a liberal who would take the country in the wrong direction, Mulvaney said he was supporting Trump, essentially by default.

“Yes, I am supporting Donald Trump, but I’m doing so despite the fact that I think he’s a terrible human being,” he said, according to a report in The State newspaper.

Mulvaney won his race by more than 20 points, with Trump carrying the same area by 19 points.

A video of the debate remarks was obtained by The Daily Beast.
<iframe src="
View: http://content.jwplatform.com/players/TUxoXAoK-bar2KWCI.html
" width="320" height="260" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto"></iframe>

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Chief justice of the California Supreme Court leaves the Republican Party, citing Kavanaugh
California Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye has quietly given up her Republican registration and re-registered as a no-party-preference voter, saying Thursday she had become increasingly uncomfortable with the GOP’s direction nationally and in the state.

In a phone interview with CALmatters, Cantil-Sakauye—who was a prosecutor before becoming a judge 28 years ago and California Supreme Court chief justice in 2011—said she made the final decision to change her registration after watching the U.S. Senate confirmation hearings of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

“You can draw your own conclusions,” she said.

In those hearings, Kavanaugh denied allegations by Christine Blasey Ford, a Palo Alto professor, that he assaulted her when they were high school students in Maryland.

“I’ve been thinking about it for some time,” Cantil-Sakauye said, adding that she talked it over with her husband and friends. Their consensus, she said, was that “you didn’t leave the party. The party left you.”

The 59-year-old jurist, who as chief justice is the head of the judicial branch of government, is the latest high-profile Republican to disavow the party in the wake of President Donald Trump’s 2016 election, though she did so without fanfare.

Political consultant Steve Schmidt, who ran Sen. John McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign, TV personality and former congressman Joe Scarborough and others have publicly peeled off as GOP priorities shifted to reflect the president and his administration’s combative style and nationalist agenda.

Her decision also underscores the GOP’s decline in California, where Republicans’ share of registered voters has plummeted to less than a quarter of the electorate, below no-party-preference registration.

And it reflects the diminished support for the GOP among women, particularly since the divisive Kavanaugh hearings. An Associated Press poll found that women favored Democratic candidates over Republicans 56-41 percent in the recent congressional elections.

“I felt compelled to make a choice now,” said Cantil-Sakauye, the first Filipina-American Supreme Court justice and the second woman to serve as California’s chief justice. “It better suits what I do and how I approach issues.”

She answered the question about her party registration Thursday after appearing on a National Judicial College-hosted panel at the National Press Club with judges and justices who discussed attacks on the judiciary.

Cantil-Sakauye last year sent a pointed letter to then U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions and then Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly urging that federal law enforcement cease the practice of “stalking undocumented immigrants” to arrest them in courthouses. She warned that it would prompt immigrants to stop reporting crimes.

“Enforcement policies that include stalking courthouses and arresting undocumented immigrants, the vast majority of whom pose no risk to public safety, are neither safe nor fair,” she wrote.

Kelly and Sessions dismissed her request, telling her to address her concerns to Gov. Jerry Brown and that California “sanctuary” policies “threaten public safety, rather than enhance it.”

At the Thursday event, she cited the dispute over courthouse arrests, and also indirect attacks, including legislative efforts to shape the judiciary by using the budget to direct judges’ priorities, and sniping by other judges. She has resisted such earmarks.

“I don’t believe the attacks are going to stop. I do not believe the undermining and marginalizing of the branch will ever stop. And it is people’s right to speak up,” she said.

But she added that judges need to help their cause by opening themselves and the courts to the public. In California, she said, she, other judges, legislators, and schools are working to increase and improve civics education in public schools.

Republican Govs. George Deukmejian and Pete Wilson appointed Cantil-Sakauye to the trial courts, and Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger appointed her first to an appellate court and then to the California Supreme Court as chief justice.

Until recently, the court had been divided, with four justices appointed by Republican governors and three by Democratic Gov. Brown. Brown’s fourth appointee, Joshua Groban, is expected to be confirmed at a hearing next week.

Decisions during Cantil-Sakauye’s tenure as chief justice, however, have generally conveyed cohesion, with the court regularly issuing decisions that are unanimous or near-unanimous.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Is he impeached yet?
Not impeached yet but his administration is rotting from the inside.

Aside from all the Trump team members who are currently in jail or on trial, an awful lot of them have been jumping ship this last couple months.

Current vacant positions within the Trump administration:
  • Chief of Staff
  • Attorney General
  • UN Ambassador
  • Interior Secretary

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke to leave Trump administration at end of the year
President Donald Trump announced Saturday morning that Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke will depart from his administration at the end of the year.

"Secretary of the Interior @RyanZinke will be leaving the Administration at the end of the year after having served for a period of almost two years. Ryan has accomplished much during his tenure and I want to thank him for his service to our Nation," Trump wrote in a tweet.

The President continued in a second tweet: " ... The Trump Administration will be announcing the new Secretary of the Interior next week."

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Yates
Flynn
Walsh
Comey
Dubke
Shaub
McFarland
Corralo
Spicer
Priebus
Mooch
Bannon
Gorka
Icahn
Lotter
Price
Powell
Manigault
Dearborn
McCabe
Porter
Raffel
Hicks
Cohn
Tillerson
McEntee
McMaster
Shulkin
Anton
Bossert
Pruitt
Short
Haley
Sessions
Kelly
Ayers
Zinke

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Yates
Flynn
Walsh
Comey
Dubke
Shaub
McFarland
Corralo
Spicer
Priebus
Mooch
Bannon
Gorka
Icahn
Lotter
Price
Powell
Manigault
Dearborn
McCabe
Porter
Raffel
Hicks
Cohn
Tillerson
McEntee
McMaster
Shulkin
Anton
Bossert
Pruitt
Short
Haley
Sessions
Kelly
Ayers
Zinke
Who gives a fuck? Daddy Trump is in charge.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Giuliani indicates conversations with Trump on Trump Tower Moscow occurred later than previously known
President Donald Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani suggested on Sunday that Trump had spoken with his former attorney Michael Cohen past January 2016 about a Trump Tower in Moscow.

On ABC's "This Week," Giuliani seemed to reference Trump's written responses to special counsel Robert Mueller, saying the conversations about the proposed Moscow project might have gone as far as the tail end of the general election period.

"According to the answer that he gave, it would have covered all the way up to November of -- covered all the way up to November 2016," Giuliani said. "Said he had conversations with him -- but the President didn't hide this."

Asked about the difference between that comment and the previous claim that Trump's discussions about the project ended in January 2016, Giuliani said, "Until you actually sit down and answer the questions and you go back and you look at the papers and you look at ... you're not going to know what happened."

When asked to clarify his remarks, Giuliani said to CNN later Sunday that Trump told Mueller's team he spoke to Cohen about the proposed Moscow project but did not specify exactly when those conversations took place.

Giuliani said Trump doesn't really remember when the conversations took place but is safe in what he told Mueller because he gave a general affirmative answer that that the discussions happened sometime during the 2016 campaign.

Giuliani added that the conversations could have been in June or July of 2016.

"Up until November 2016, they could have had a conversation about Trump Tower Moscow, and it went nowhere," Giuliani told CNN.
"It was a real estate project. There was a letter of intent to go forward, but no one signed it," he said.

:snowflake::snowflake::snowflake:

View: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1074302851906707457

:snowflake::snowflake::snowflake: