Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
who gets to change the name of this thread?
kinda funny...I always click and realize it is the trump//politics megathread

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I figured...didn't know if you had powers that were special
I don't pay attention to the stuff so really have no idea what is going on in political theatre world
splinty seems cool
That frikkin guy changes thread title whenever I mention it, out of spite.....
or 'cos he luh me.
I luh you too Splinty @Splinty-Poo

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Donald Trump's troubled charity foundation to shut down
US President Donald Trump's troubled charity foundation has agreed to close down amid allegations that he and others illegally misused its funds.

The move was announced by the Attorney General of New York State, Barbara Underwood, who will supervise the distribution of its remaining monies.

She has accused Mr Trump and his three eldest children of using it for private and political gain.

The foundation's lawyer accused her of attempting to politicise the matter.

This is just one of several legal cases currently swirling around Mr Trump and his family. Others include a wide-ranging special counsel investigation into alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russia headed by former FBI chief Robert Mueller.

What do prosecutors say?
Ms Underwood said the case against Mr Trump and his children Donald Jr, Ivanka and Eric would continue.

In a statement, she said there had been "a shocking pattern of illegality involving the Trump Foundation - including unlawful co-ordination with the Trump presidential campaign, repeated and wilful self-dealing, and much more".

She continued: "This amounted to the Trump Foundation functioning as little more than a chequebook to serve Mr Trump's business and political interests."

Under the terms of the deal to shut down the foundation, Ms Underwood said, it could only be dissolved under judicial supervision and could only distribute its assets "to reputable organisations approved by my office".

She added: "This is an important victory for the rule of law, making clear that there is one set of rules for everyone.

"We'll continue to move our suit forward to ensure that the Trump Foundation and its directors are held to account for their clear and repeated violations of state and federal law."

And the Trumps?
In a statement to the BBC, Trump Foundation lawyer Alan Futerfas - signatory to the deal closing the foundation - said: "Contrary to the NYAG's [New York Attorney General] misleading statement... the foundation has been seeking to dissolve and distribute its remaining assets to worthwhile charitable causes since Donald J Trump's victory in the 2016 presidential election.

"Unfortunately, the NYAG sought to prevent dissolution for almost two years, thereby depriving those most in need of nearly $1.7m.

"Over the past decade, the foundation is proud to have distributed approximately $19m, including $8.25m of the president's personal money, to over 700 different charitable organisations with virtually zero expenses.

"The NYAG's inaccurate statement of this morning is a further attempt to politicize this matter."

Mr Trump and his eldest children have yet to comment.

Last June, Mr Trump indicated on Twitter that he was not willing to settle the case, insisting the foundation had done nothing wrong.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Trump banned bump stocks. I wonder how the libs will spin that into something negative? Even though they've been calling for a ban ever since they found out what they were.

Interesting move really. The gun nuts are probably flipping their shit. "My cold, dead hands" and all that stuff.

Oct 24, 2015
Trump banned bump stocks. I wonder how the libs will spin that into something negative? Even though they've been calling for a ban ever since they found out what they were.

Interesting move really. The gun nuts are probably flipping their shit. "My cold, dead hands" and all that stuff.

Oh those fucken libs.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

Oh those fucken libs.
He would be a member of the "my cold, dead hands" group. That's the reaction I would anticipate from them. Actually, it's a little tame. I'm sure you can find some lunatic videos where people are foaming at the mouth.

Not sure what Trump is doing with this ban. Pissing off the NRA side of his base won't go over well. I'm assuming it is some sort of olive branch for the Libs? I had no idea it was coming.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
He would be a member of the "my cold, dead hands" group. That's the reaction I would anticipate from them. Actually, it's a little tame. I'm sure you can find some lunatic videos where people are foaming at the mouth.

Not sure what Trump is doing with this ban. Pissing off the NRA side of his base won't go over well. I'm assuming it is some sort of olive branch for the Libs? I had no idea it was coming.
Trying to distance himself from the NRA with all the new info coming out from the witch hunt about NRA and Russia being in bed together?

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015

DiSmAnTLeR

Apr 5, 2016

You don’t need a bump fire stock to bump fire a shouldered semi automatic rifle.

View: https://youtu.be/7RdAhTxyP64

View: https://youtu.be/L2YLgLj8KVY

There’s always the 80’s action movie ‘belt loop’ method too

View: https://youtu.be/KdQfC0FfMGU

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Giuliani: 'I was wrong' to say Trump hadn't signed letter of intent for Trump Tower Moscow
"I was wrong if I said it," Giuliani told CNN's Dana Bash. "I haven't seen the quote, but I probably meant to say there was never a deal, much less a signed one."
Trump signed off on Moscow project during campaign, Giuliani now says
Giuliani backtracked in comments to Reuters on Wednesday, however, after CNN reported late on Tuesday that it had obtained a copy of the Oct. 28, 2015, letter signed by Trump, who had announced his White House bid in June that year.

"If I said it, I made a mistake," Giuliani said of his previous denial about Trump having signed the letter.

"There's nothing wrong with his signing it. When he did it, he wasn't president yet."
Fed raises rates in defiance of Trump
Officials at the US central bank voted to lift the Fed's key interest rate by 0.25%, to a target range of 2.25%-2.5%.

View: https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1075053764044824576

Last edited:

DiSmAnTLeR

Apr 5, 2016

Why don’t you add your opinion or some commentary instead of simply vomiting every single Trump article that you can google onto the thread? Put some effort into the discussion. Quality over quantity.

The guy owns a gold-gilded tower and you are letting him live rent free in your head.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Why don’t you add your opinion or some commentary instead of simply vomiting every single Trump article that you can google onto the thread? Put some effort into the discussion. Quality over quantity.

The guy owns a gold-gilded tower and you are letting him live rent free in your head.

The term 'living rent free in your head' has been way over used in 2018.

I add commentary often. I also post articles or tweets I find entertaining.

The fact you feel the need to comment on my posting habits shows me, I am, 'living rent free in your head'. #winning

Last edited: