Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
What bollocks. This is the dude that called all mexican immigrants criminals, mocked disabled people, bragged about sexual assault, amongst other things. His supporters specifically praise him for being non-pc, you can't start crying for civility now. The man had child concentration camps after ripping children from their parents arms. At the current rate of reuniting the children with their parents it will take up to 2 years, but the administration admits some may never be reunited and lost in the system. Calling for people to act nice is ridiculous.
You're a communist. Ever been to Cambodia?

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Merkel responds to Trump: 'I have witnessed' Germany under Soviet control
German Chancellor Angela Merkel appeared to hit back at US President Donald Trump's claim that "Germany is a captive of Russia" by drawing on her own upbringing in Soviet-controlled East Germany.

"I wanted to say that, because of current events, I have witnessed this myself, that a part of Germany was controlled by the Soviet Union. And I am very happy that we are today unified in freedom as the Federal Republic of Germany," she said in an arrival statement at the NATO Summit Wednesday, according to an English translation of her remarks.

Merkel, who was born in Hamburg in 1954, has spoken on numerous occasions about her upbringing under Soviet occupation.

"The first political event from my childhood that I remember distinctly is the building of the Berlin Wall 50 years ago. I was 7 years old at the time. Seeing grown-ups, even my parents, so stunned that they broke out in tears, shook me to the core. My mother's family, for example, was divided by the building of the Wall," she said in remarks upon receiving the US Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2011.

"I grew up in the part of Germany that was not free, the German Democratic Republic. For many years I dreamed of freedom, just as many others did -- also of the freedom to travel to the United States," she said then.

Although she did not mention the US President by name in her NATO statement, Merkel's comments seemed to be a direct repudiation of Trump's earlier remarks, in which he maligned Germany for getting natural gas from Russia.

"Germany is a captive of Russia," Trump said at a meeting with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg. "It's very inappropriate."
"I think it's something that NATO has to look at," Trump said. "Germany is totally controlled by Russia."

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Poll: Obama tops list ranking best president in Americans' lifetime
More than 40 percent of Americans say that Barack Obama was the best or second-best president in their lifetime, according to a new poll from the Pew Research Center.

The poll asked people in an open-ended format which president has done the best job in their lifetimes, using respondents' first and second choices for the survey's findings.

Forty-four percent of Americans said Obama was either the best or the second-best president in their lifetime, with 33 percent saying the same for Bill Clinton. Thirty-two percent said Ronald Regan was the best or second-best president in their lifetime.

Meanwhile, 19 percent said the same for President Trump, who has been in office since 2017.

The survey notes that Americans' views on the best president is largely tied to their age. Millennials were more likely than older generations to list Obama as the best president in their lifetime, while older Americans are much more likely to name Reagan as the best president.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
To be fair, I don't think the average person would be able to explain to you WHY they feel any president did a great job.

If you asked those people who voted for Obama why they thought he was great, I gaurantee you the top 2 answers would be

A) He was the first black president
B) He seems like a nice guy

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Just listened to Trump's unplanned presser at the NATO conference.

He did quite well. Listening to the NPR folks try to toss cold water on it is pretty entertaining.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
To be fair, I don't think the average person would be able to explain to you WHY they feel any president did a great job.

If you asked those people who voted for Obama why they thought he was great, I gaurantee you the top 2 answers would be

A) He was the first black president
B) He seems like a nice guy
I hate Clinton with a passion because of Serbia.