Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Seriously?

Title implies that stenographer says Trump was lying to the American people.

But she actually states that she "felt" like he was lying.

You don't see a difference in meaning of the two?
Would you be happier if she said she knows he was lying? I mean ... Trump lies. Everyone knows it. I'm not sure what your outrage is.
You could always "speak to the manager" of the article if it upsets you.

Belobog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
These are the lies that actually matter fag boy.
You've been co-opted into doing their work.

Garry Kasparov: We have to give Putin and his cronies credit for developing a very new type of propaganda. They develop great technique in selling this message in Russia by taming the minds of intelligent people, because the whole concept is simple: truth is relative. Putin is more like merchant of doubt. Oh yes, we are corrupt, but everybody is corrupt.

Preet Bharara: Right. It’s “what about-ism.”

Garry Kasparov: Exactly. This is “what about-ism.” And they manage to actually to become the top professionals by doing it in Russia. Then they move from Russia to the Russian-speaking neighborhood in former Soviet Union. The Baltics, the Ukraine. Then to Eastern Europe, Western Europe, and of course, eventually, they ended up in the United States. And they have been prepared already. So, what Americans experienced during the last election season, that was a technique that has been polished throughout years in Russia or in Russian-speaking countries. So, that’s why the trolls, they have been already fully armed to play the same role as they did in my country, even in the United States.

M

member 1013

These podcasts by Preet Bharara provide some great insight into how Putin operates.

Preet Bharara is an American lawyer who served as the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York from 2009 to 2017. As a U.S. Attorney, Bharara earned a reputation of a "crusader" prosecutor. According to The New York Times, during his tenure he was one of "the nation's most aggressive and outspoken prosecutors of public corruption and Wall Street crime." Under Bharara, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York prosecuted nearly 100 Wall Street executives for insider trading and other offenses. He reached historic settlements and fines with the four largest banks in the United States, and closed multi billion dollar hedge funds for activities including insider trading.

The Death of Sergei Magnitsky (with Bill Browder) | Stay Tuned with Preet | WNYC Studios
They discuss the massive corruption Browder revealed that led to his lawyer, Sergei Magnitsky, being tortured and dying in a Russian prison and Browder's ongoing battle with the man who, as he puts it, "wants to destroy me."

Breakfast with Putin (with Michael McFaul) | Stay Tuned with Preet | WNYC Studios
Stay Tuned Transcript: Breakfast with Putin (with Michael McFaul)
McFaul is a former United States Ambassador to Russia. Putin systematically harassed McFaul, had people follow him around, show up at his kids soccer game, broke into his apartment and use the bathroom. Only safe places to have a conversation were the SCIFs at the embassy.

Putin, Pawns and Propaganda (with Garry Kasparov) | Stay Tuned with Preet | WNYC Studios
STAY TUNED: Garry Kasparov Transcript
"Putin’s propaganda is different. It’s more like cult of death. It’s not about positive future. Actually, there’s no future at all. It’s all about Russia being the besieged fortress surrounded by the global evil, and he, Vladimir Putin, is the only savior of Mother Russia from its multiple enemies. It’s poisonous. It’s totally brainwashing. And it has no positive substance." -Kasparov
Have you read Masha Geesen and Kasparov’ Books?

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
From the Start, Trump Has Muddied a Clear Message: Putin Interfered
Two weeks before his inauguration, Donald J. Trump was shown highly classified intelligence indicating that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia had personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election.

The evidence included texts and emails from Russian military officers and information gleaned from a top-secret source close to Mr. Putin, who had described to the C.I.A. how the Kremlin decided to execute its campaign of hacking and disinformation.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
No need for name calling.
I’m sorry but forget that guy. All he does is post stupid memes are article links that fit his agenda no matter how far fetched or ridiculous it seems. He is just an idiot straight up and I call it like I see it. Did I ever call anyone else here anything? No and that’s the reason why. It’s one thing to do what you do and try to discuss and show examples and no matter whether or not we agree it is what it is. That guy is such a left wing nut bag that he is no better than a super right wing nut bag. Imagine you hated someone so much but yet you talk and think about them 24/7, who is the winner and who is the loser there lol. You know when I see political stuff, here and at my clients house in the morning this fucker has the news on, I want to kill him lol. Otherwise it is not part of my life UNLESS it directly affects me like Obamacare did. Trumps tax plan helped me and hurt me at the same time. Property tax law, I took a hit on that.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015

Belobog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
New dots connect Butina case to K.T. McFarland and Mike Flynn
  • Paul Erickson, a GOP activist with big ties to the NRA, was compromised by Maria Butina, a Russian Spy.
  • Erickson lobbied for a role on Trump's transition team, but it was denied due to problems getting a security clearance
  • Erickson still maintained a relationship with the White House, to the point where he advised that K.T. McFarland be appointed to the position of Deputy National Security Adviser, then Michael Flynn.
    • This was an odd choice. Though K.T. McFarland had served in GOP White Houses in the past, she had been out of the game for a long time.
    • It seems likely Erickson made this bizarre suggestion because McFarland was also somehow compromised. Likely the suggestion was fed to him from Butina, who in turn was getting her marching orders from the Kremlin.
    • The White House agreed and named K.T. McFarland as Michael Flynn's deputy, a position she held for four months.
  • When Sally Yates came forward with information that Flynn was compromised by the Russians, the White House waited 18 days to remove Flynn from his position.
    • When Flynn was ousted, McFarland also left.
  • Flynn has since plead guilty to lying to the FBI about his Russian contacts.
  • After McFarland left, for a time she was considered for an Ambassador position
    • During her testimony to the U.S. Senate, she appears to have lied to the Senate about her knowledge of Flynn's foreign contacts.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
I’m sorry but forget that guy. All he does is post stupid memes are article links that fit his agenda no matter how far fetched or ridiculous it seems.
Do you remember that saying that you misused a few pages back?

The pot calling the kettle black - This would be an appropriate example of a time to use that saying.

Some people think the pro-Trump posts you make are stupid and only made to fit your agenda mo matter how far fetched or ridiculous they seem.

Just sayin'

Last edited: