Society The Donald J. Trump Show - You can't impeach the peach edition

Discussion in 'The Off-topic Lounge' started by IschKabibble, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Willthiswork

Willthiswork I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ratings:
    +33,575
    Why hasn't the locked her up yet like he promised?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. jason73

jason73 TMMAC 2020
    First 100

Ratings:
    +86,246
    Its not like the fbi has been exactly working for trump the last few years

3. Filthy

Filthy ZBM2.

Ratings:
    +13,364
    I'm saying Trump is making the right move in the worst way.

I've served, and i've held a friend while he bled to death in a combat zone.

what's your question?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Willthiswork

Willthiswork I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ratings:
    +33,575
    Hasn't helped that he's called them corrupt and incompetent the entire time haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. RaginCajun

RaginCajun I Like Gifs

Ratings:
    +36,124
    Has he?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Have a toke! Have a toke! x 1
  6. KWingJitsu

KWingJitsu ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?

Ratings:
    +12,870
    Because "you don't understand Trump... What he really meant was..."

• Winner Winner x 3
  7. KWingJitsu

KWingJitsu ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?

Ratings:
    +12,870
    [​IMG]

• Have a toke! Have a toke! x 1
  8. Vagabond

Vagabond It is what it is, Truth

Ratings:
    +9,351
    that's fine. sorry for your loss. my message was to the ones who haven't served and criticizing Trump about pulling troops out of the war zone.

I've been there too and experienced what you're talking about and lived through the aftermath, it's fuckin hell and I don't want that shit to happen to any other troops especially if it's not even that critical to security of US.

you should know it if you experienced it

#17808 Vagabond, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Vagabond

Ratings:
    +9,351
    probably not but why does that matter? Trump is bringing the troops back home.
    my problem is with the ones who don't even know what it's like to be in a war and throwing their 2 cents in about how we should send our young kids to fight here or over there, it's not just some things you post about. Each individual will have to face reality, risking their lives, and with each life, there's a family involved.

10. Filthy

Filthy ZBM2.

Ratings:
    +13,364
    i've also been removed from deployments where i was supporting local resources, and been forced to abandon my brothers in arms.

Trump is a cunt for doing that.

11. Vagabond

Ratings:
    +9,351
    militarily speaking, I do agree with you especially back when I was in the Corps, I'd have thought the same and I didn't have family back then so it was just me and my will to fight for people who's on my left and right only. At the time, I didn't know how much of a big deal it was for someone to miss their first child being born because they were deployed and many cases, they die and leave their child fatherless.

I don't know about you but when I came home, started wrestling with thoughts in my head about all the ones who didn't make it back home. And once I was knowledgable with the reasons behind everything, I started questioning those reasons. "what was it for?" was it worth dying for and leaving their family to go on without you? (in general)

now, Times have changed a lot, especially I have a newborn on the way and the feeling I have these days is, fuck politics, most important thing in life is life itself, living, providing for my family, watching my kids grow.

I'm sorry but Kurds are not the only unfortunate people in the world, why don't we help EVERYONE then?

Trump is an ass, especially the way he goes about business but that's what I support these days because that's what's gonna keep my family safe, is me, sticking around, and all the other's fathers and mothers being present in their homes

12. Filthy

Filthy ZBM2.

Ratings:
    +13,364
    we can help everyone by trading only with governments that acknowledge human rights and economic liberty.
    Abandon trade wars and military wars.

The thing with the Kurds is that we gave them our word. They worked with their enemy, the Turks, in good faith that we would prevent the Turks from acting on their worst instincts. Now that the Turks are fully aware of the Kurds defensive positions and strategies, we're turning our back and walking away.

No relationship exists in a vacuum. We can't keep capriciously fucking our powerless allies and pretending it won't effect the way other allies deal with us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Vagabond

Ratings:
    +9,351
    would you drop everything in your life and leave your family to go fight for the Kurds right now?

14. Vagabond

Ratings:
    +9,351
    I'd go further and ask ALL OF YOU who so dearly wants to help out the Kurds to drop everything in your life, leave your family and go fight for the Kurds right now?

15. Vagabond

Ratings:
    +9,351
    ^^^^ EXACTLY~!!

it was never about the Kurds, just want to grill Trump

and it's funny how it's most of the same people who's calling for Gun Control to save lives are the ones who wants to send Americans in foreign land to die.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Filthy

Filthy ZBM2.

Ratings:
    +13,364
    no. because:

I stood my watch.

and

I didn't make them any promises.

but Donnie hasn't, and he did.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Vagabond

Ratings:
    +9,351
    thank you for your service!

so it's about accountability of words? is Donnie the first president to not fulfill his promises?

that sux when someone lies but he seems to be keeping promises to Americans, is he not?

he is the POTUS

18. Filthy

Filthy ZBM2.

Ratings:
    +13,364
    it's about trust.

our powerless allies will start hedging their bets when dealing with us. Our enemies will exploit that lack of trust.
    He's doing the right thing (pulling back our military from around the world) but with the worst possible motives (political self-preservation).

It's a shit-show, and the damage to our relationships with our proxies will only be overcome by a new administration.

19. Vagabond

Ratings:
    +9,351
    true if you only look at it from other country's point of view, but that's how things always been throughout the history.

some president works his agenda, builds foreign relations, execute his plans until the next president comes around.
    didn't Obama do the same things for the Iraq War? why do we have ISIS in the first place?

Are you gonna blame the US for everything that happened in the world? because it seems that other countries that the US helped don't even remember that US was there to help when it mattered and only things they remember is the fact that they left.

20. Filthy

Filthy ZBM2.

Ratings:
    +13,364
    FWIW - Cheney and the Bush Administration basically created ISIS.

I'm not going to hold the Greatest Nation on Earth to the standard of lesser nations. We should withdraw from the ME, but we should do so strategically - in order to ensure that our allies in liberty and self-determination aren't wiped off the map.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Jesus X

Jesus X my tools

Ratings:
    +22,653
    maybe the cops would have hired some mercenary to do that because it sounds like either a "controlled pair" or a Mozambique drill with only one shot to the body but the only reason cops would have to do it after he testified is for vengence they could have had him killed before he testified and she would have walked or gotten less time seems dumb to do it after.

#17821 Jesus X, Oct 8, 2019
  22. Jesus X

Jesus X my tools

Ratings:
    +22,653
    you know what is trippy some 35 year old could have fought in that war when it started as a new soldier, had a kid (or several) and they both could have still been in that war together today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Vagabond

Ratings:
    +9,351
    i can live with that.
    Trump's methods are too brash but at least he's making moves and in order to make moves, maybe we need a hothead like Trump or else we'll never leave anywhere.

24. Jesus X

Jesus X my tools

Ratings:
    +22,653
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Filthy

Filthy ZBM2.

Ratings:
    +13,364
    I think when the political heat gets too high he throws out chaos to take the wind out of whatever is threatening him.

In this case, he's doing something that's universally reviled, even by people who support the action in principle, and my guess is that it's to take the focus off of the quid pro quo investigation. I think what he did is pretty much what every POTUS has done for the last 100 years, but that doesn't make it OK.

#17825 Filthy, Oct 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted