Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Rudy Giuliani Had to Ask an Apple Genius to Unlock His iPhone Right After Trump Named Him Head of the Cyber
With the growing number of bumbling mistakes that Rudy Giuliani makes as Donald Trump’s attorney, it’s easy to forget that in early 2017 the President enlisted the maladroit fraudgoblin to be the White House cybersecurity czar.

Precisely 26 days after Giuliani was tapped to advise Trump on the cyber, the former mayor went to a San Francisco Apple store and asked an employee to help him unlock his iPhone 6, according to a report from NBC News. Giuliani had reportedly locked himself out of his phone because he had entered his passcode wrong 10 times, disabling the device.

NBC News reviewed a photo of an Apple store internal memo for a customer named Rudolph Giuliani with a number attached to his firm, Giuliani Partners. The news outlet also spoke two a former Apple store employee who was present and another source familiar with the incident.

Apple staff reportedly erased Giuliani’s phone and set it up as new from an iCloud backup, according to the memo seen by NBC News. That would mean that the president’s lawyer’s phone data is stored on Apple’s iCloud, or at least was at the same time that he was the nation’s top Cyber Guy.

“Very sloppy,” the former employee told NBC News. “Trump had just named him as an informal adviser on cybersecurity and here, he couldn’t even master the fundamentals of securing your own device.”

Former FBI supervisory special agent Michael Anaya agreed with the former staffer. “That’s crazy,” Anaya told NBC News. “It’s unnerving to think that this individual has access to the most powerful person in the world and that sensitive communications could be disclosed to people who should not have access to them.”

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
By the way did anybody else not realize that genius's is correct grammar?

I have only written it as genius' for consistency with the rest of writing. But Google thinks otherwise so I looked up the Chicago manual of style which agrees (both are correct).

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

I have only written it as genius' for consistency with the rest of writing. But Google thinks otherwise so I looked up the Chicago manual of style which agrees (both are correct).
Thought it was geniuie.

M

member 3289

Both are correct but genius's is a little better imo. Saves the ambiguity of a person not knowing whether or not you may have misspelled the plural form when marking possession (which would be written as geniuses')

M

member 3289

That's actually what the Chicago manual says. Gives genius's the first explanation with genius' as an acceptable alternative.
If the rule that the genitive case for singular nouns is marked with apostrophe + s, it shouldn't matter if a word already ends in the letter s. Keeping it uniform for all singular nouns makes the most sense.

M

member 3289

Splinty @Splinty I was gonna use the layman term "possessive form" but I said fuck it, I'm gonna make that Texas fucker google what "genitive case" means

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015

geniuses

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Trump suggests Chad Wolf is acting Department of Homeland Security chief
President Donald Trump appeared Friday to name Chad Wolf, an official at the Department of Homeland Security, as the agency's acting secretary, three weeks after Kevin McAleenan submitted his resignation to the White House.
Speaking to reporters on the South Lawn of the White House, Trump was asked about the vacancy.
"Is Chad Wolf going to be your new DHS secretary?" Trump was asked by a reporter.
"Well, he's right now acting and we'll see what happens," Trump said. "We have great people there."