Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Also from quoted articles

74% of Americans said they are doing ok financially or living comfortably.

First, the good news: the survey of 12,000 Americans found an overall economic recovery and economic expansion, including lower unemployment, over the past five years.
74% of 12,000 people, or were those different surveys? Either way I will laugH (just throwing that out there)

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Here's a line from the Snopes article...

Although the president has attempted to cast immigrants as criminals since he first announced his candidacy in June 2015

So here you have the supposed beacon of truth blatantly lying in their article. I've never heard Trump disparage "immigrants", only illegals.

Personally, I don't think Trump should waste his time trying to justify deporting illegals. It's something that should just be expected by anyone with an IQ above 70: if you break a law, you will be dealt with by authorities. If you enter a country illegally and attempt to live there illegally, you'll be deported.

Where are these magical countries that you can enter and live there without going through the proper channels?

It doesn't matter if you're an MS13 gangbanger or you're Mother Theresa, if you're illegally living in a country you need to be deported. It's incredible that this is even a discussion.
Well, I'm an undocumented immigrant.

M

member 1013

Here is a true fact:

Asgard would never elect the Donald and they would put Hilary in the dungeon

Belobog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This is one of the best "Everything's Trump's fault" articles I've seen yet.
Did we read the same article?

"As a result, opioid use and support for Trump might not be directly related, but rather two symptoms of the same problem – a lack of economic opportunity."

"We were not implying causality, that the Trump vote caused opioids or that opioids caused the Trump vote," he cautions. "We're talking about associations."

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
This is one of the best "Everything's Trump's fault" articles I've seen yet.
Did you read the article?

It didnt state Trump was at fault it pointed out correlations. The correlation is statistically significant. This has nothing to do with cause or fault.

"We were not implying causality, that the Trump vote caused opioids or that opioids caused the Trump vote," he cautions. "We're talking about associations."

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Did you read the article?
I did.

I just recognize that other places who not only did not vote for Trump, but didn't even have the ability to vote for Trump (ie, Canada) are having the same problem with opiates. It would be equally wrong for someone to suggest that B.C.'s Green/NDP coalition have anything to do with B.C. leading the way in opiate deaths.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
I did.

I just recognize that other places who not only did not vote for Trump, but didn't even have the ability to vote for Trump (ie, Canada) are having the same problem with opiates. It would be equally wrong for someone to suggest that B.C.'s Green/NDP coalition have anything to do with B.C. leading the way in opiate deaths.

You made an incorrect assumption, its ok, we all fuck up.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
As well, no one stated it was Trump's fault.
They wrote a whole article about it. Adding a disclaimer at the end doesn't change the very clear message they're attempting to send.

So why would it be the Green/NDP's fault?
It wouldn't be, but if the numbers spike the year they get voted in there's a very obvious correlation between people who voted for them and people whom are OD'ing on opiates.

Feel free to post some info suggesting the statistics you mentioned.
The B.C. Coroners Service says more than 1,400 people died of an illicit drug overdose in the province in 2017, making it "the most tragic year ever," according to the chief coroner.

Lisa Lapointe said the preliminary total for the year is at 1,422 — an increase of 43 per cent from 2016 — but that figure will grow as test results continue to come in.