Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
It wouldn't be, but if the numbers spike the year they get voted in there's a very obvious correlation between people who voted for them and people whom are OD'ing on opiates.
What about the Yukon Territory? They have experienced a similar spike in illicit drug overdose deaths as BC, yet they don't have a Green/NDP govt?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Again, no one was blaming Trump.
If that were true, they wouldn't have written the article.

Putting blame aside, do you not find it interesting?
Because one thing could literally not have less to do with the other, no.

What about the Yukon Territory? They have experienced a similar spike in illicit drug overdose deaths as BC, yet they don't have a Green/NDP govt?
Exceptionally small populations throw off the relevance of per capita statistics. I'm not sure why you'd pretend you didn't know that.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
New Yorker fact checker 'resigns' after slandering ICE agent and Marine veteran as Nazi

I see a lot of people online putting so much blind faith into "fact checkers" and fact checking websites. How many times have you seen someone link a Snopes article as a supposed knockout punch to win a debate?

They forget that these so-called fact checkers can be partisan too, and their work can be hindered by their own personal bias. You think this fact checker would give Trump and the Republicans a fair shake?

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I love this. The people who are supposed to hate Trump the most can not stop thinking about him lol!!!! He lives in your heads, it is really sad but truly fun to watch. Kwing is ready to lose his mind and when Trump is exonerated from this Mueller thing it will be even worse, but than again I expect all the excuses and shit to come out once that happens. Truly sad world we live in.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
New Yorker fact checker 'resigns' after slandering ICE agent and Marine veteran as Nazi

I see a lot of people online putting so much blind faith into "fact checkers" and fact checking websites. How many times have you seen someone link a Snopes article as a supposed knockout punch to win a debate?

They forget that these so-called fact checkers can be partisan too, and their work can be hindered by their own personal bias. You think this fact checker would give Trump and the Republicans a fair shake?

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Did we read the same article?

"As a result, opioid use and support for Trump might not be directly related, but rather two symptoms of the same problem – a lack of economic opportunity."

"We were not implying causality, that the Trump vote caused opioids or that opioids caused the Trump vote," he cautions. "We're talking about associations."
Did you read the article?

It didnt state Trump was at fault it pointed out correlations. The correlation is statistically significant. This has nothing to do with cause or fault.
Did you guys forget you're talking to magatards?
Those are big words in them thar hillls...

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
You can post these things up all day. What Trump is trying to do may or may not work but no matter what, of course things will get worse before they get better especially when it comes to the shake ups he is trying to do.
I've heard some interesting rumors about the tariffs. Interestingly they have nothing to do with trade.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Only a retard magatard would think those apply to anyone else but them.
I see you're low-key upset at the term... so referencing my previous posts, guess what you are?
Wouldn't not thinking very much of Donald J Trump kind of preclude one from being a magatard?

Osiris

I'm the Osiris of this shit
Nov 7, 2017
This is one of the best "Everything's Trump's fault" articles I've seen yet.

They wrote a whole article about it. Adding a disclaimer at the end doesn't change the very clear message they're attempting to send.
I don't get it, if you read the article you would have realized they clearly stated these people were using opioids for at least 3 months prior to the election.

How does saying someone was abusing opioids before the election cast blame in Trump's direction?

The language used in the article makes this very clear. As well, it states numerous times, the authors of the study attribute the correlation to factors, such as, socioeconomic status and employment rates.

Anyone trying to state this article and study were attempting to blame Trump needs to brush up on their literacy levels.

A lot of this disparity could be chalked up to social factors and economic woes.
As a result, opioid use and support for Trump might not be directly related, but rather two symptoms of the same problem – a lack of economic opportunity.
These socioeconomic variables accounted for about two-thirds of the link between voter support for Trump and opioid rates, the paper's authors write.
For voters in communities hit hard by the opioid epidemic, the unconventional Trump candidacy may have been the change people were looking for, Goodwin says.
Goodwin's study has limitations and can't establish that opioid use was a definitive factor in how people voted.
"With that kind of study design, you have to be cautious in terms of drawing any causal conclusions,"
"The directionality is complicated."
"We were not implying causality, that the Trump vote caused opioids or that opioids caused the Trump vote," he cautions. "We're talking about associations."

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Donald Trump criticises Harley-Davidson for decision over tariffs
The US president tweeted he was surprised that the company had become "the first to wave the white flag", adding: "I fought hard for them."

Harley-Davidson earlier said making bikes for the European market would be transferred to other countries.

The EU tariffs are a response to new US duties on steel and aluminium imports.
Stocks Weaken Around The World as Trump Opens New Fronts in Global Trade War
Global stocks weakened Monday as investors reacted to the latest threats on tariffs from President Donald Trump that look to escalate the brewing trade war between Washington and its economic allies.

The President Tweeted Sunday that the U.S. was preparing "more than reciprocity" to trade partners that impose what he called "artificial" barriers to American companies, a threat that suggests reports of a plan to limit Chinese investment into U.S. tech companies is close to being announced.

Trump's Tweets followed his Friday vow to slap fresh tariffs on European auto imports, a move that sent shares in German carmakers sharply lower Friday and has investors increasingly convinced that 'tit-for-tat' levies will be imposed on markets around the world, slowing global economic growth and hammering stock market valuations. Bank of America Merrill Lynch said the current escalation is "really just the first stage of new arms race between US & China to reach national superiority in technology, and protectionism inevitably on rise to address inequality."

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Psychiatrist Forcibly Giving Powerful Drugs To Immigrant Kids, Lost His Certification A Decade Ago: Report
A doctor who has been giving immigrant children powerful psychotropic drugs at Texas child care facility has not been certified by the medical board to treat children for nearly 10 years, the Reveal reported.

It comes after it has been alleged that immigrant children held at a center in Texas have been forcibly administered drugs to manage their trauma.

Dr. Javier Ruíz-Nazario has been named in a lawsuit filed in April by the US Centre for Human Rights And Constitutional Law, which claims the children were forced to take powerful psychiatric drugs at Shiloh Treatment Center regardless of their condition and without their parent’s permission.