Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Name another president who could talk so comfortably off the cuff, and just speak his mind like Trump does.

Trump may stick his foot in his mouth often but it's worth it/still fresh to hear him just talk openly with conviction the way he does. And his tweets are hilarious

Everyone gives Obama credit for being a great speaker but all he did imo was read scripts off teleprompters that he didn't even write.

View: https://youtu.be/Cr4wosNO1oo?t=36

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
AG Barr: Epstein’s death was a ‘perfect storm of screw-ups’
Attorney General William Barr said he initially had his own suspicions about financier Jeffrey Epstein’s death while behind bars at one of the most secure jails in America but came to conclude that his suicide was the result of “a perfect storm of screw-ups.”

In an interview with The Associated Press, Barr said his concerns were prompted by the numerous irregularities at the Manhattan jail where Epstein was being held. But he said after the FBI and the Justice Department’s inspector general continued to investigate, he realized there were a “series” of mistakes made that gave Epstein the chance to take his own life.

“I can understand people who immediately, whose minds went to sort of the worst-case scenario because it was a perfect storm of screw-ups,” Barr told the AP as he flew to Montana for an event.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Giuliani slams GOP impeachment lawyer, demands apology
Rudy Giuliani on Wednesday slammed the Republicans’ staff counsel during the impeachment inquiry — charging him with parroting “Democrat lies.”

“Republican lawyer doesn’t do his own research and preparation, and is instead picking up Democrat lies, shame. Allow me to inform him: I have NO financial interests in Ukraine, NONE! I would appreciate his apology,” he tweeted, referring to Steve Castor.

It was not immediately clear what the former mayor was referring to, though Castor at one point asked EU Ambassador Gordon Sondland if he knew about Giuliani’s previous business dealings in Ukraine.

Giuliani also responded to Sondland’s testimony that the former mayor worked to make sure Ukraine launched probes that would benefit President Trump politically in exchange for a White house meeting by pointing the finger at another witness.

“I came into this at Volker’s request,” Giuliani said in a tweet, referring to former Ukraine envoy Kurt Volker, who had testified the day before.

“Sondland is speculating based on VERY little contact. I never met him and had very few calls with him, mostly with Volker. Volker testified I answered their questions and described them as my opinions, NOT demands. I.E., no quid pro quo!“ he continued in a tweet that he soon deleted and later reposted.

In a second tweet, he refers to the July 25 phone call between Trump and Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky, though he appears to get the date wrong.

“During the July 24 conversation @realDonaldTrump agrees to a meeting with Pres. Zelensky without requiring an investigation, any discussion of military aid or any condition whatsoever. This record shows definitively no quid pro quo, which is the same as no bribery. END OF CASE!” he asserted.

The White House released a rough transcript of the July 25 call, in which Trump asks Zelensky to “do us a favor” after Zelensky brings up military aid, which the president was withholding at the time.

Sondland said in his opening statement to House impeachment investigators that he raised concerns about a quid pro quo that tied a White House visit for Ukraine’s president to investigations Trump wanted into Joe Biden and his son and the 2016 election.

Sondland also said he came to understand that $391 million in military aid was also linked to the probes into the Bidens and the 2016 election that the president had requested, according to his statement, which was obtained by The Post.

Sondland said the actions he took were on orders from Giuliani, who was following the commander-in-chief’s direction.

White House pushes back on Sondland's 'quid pro quo' claim

“Mr. Giuliani’s requests were a quid pro quo for arranging a White House visit for President Zelensky. Mr. Giuliani demanded that Ukraine make a public statement announcing investigations of the 2016 election/DNC server and Burisma. Mr. Giuliani was expressing the desires of the President of the United States, and we knew that these investigations were important to the President,” he said in the statement, referring to the energy giant that hired Hunter Biden.

“In July and August 2019, we learned that the White House had also suspended security aid to Ukraine. I was adamantly opposed to any suspension of aid, as the Ukrainians needed those funds to fight against Russian aggression,” he said.

Volker testified Wednesday that he thought it was wrong to link the military aid to political investigations.

“I don’t think that raising 2016 elections or Vice President Biden or these things I consider to be conspiracy theories that have been circulated by the Ukrainians” were “things that we should be pursuing as part of our national security strategy with Ukraine,” Volker said.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
76d snakes and ladders.

These guys are like from the future the way they can just make everything seem legit.

No one, not one person now believes he is worried about Trump throwing him under the bus.

Amazing play Rudi.

You sly old fox.