Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Were you able to sort out your vote issues?

Thought I posted earlier -- emergency write in ballot. I voted for no one but Trump.
My absentee ballot will likely show up any day now, but too long after to submit back to the states in time.
So you request via post card system. Then you submit the emergency write in. If you get your absentee ballot , great, you use it (the write in is thrown away by the state). If not, the emergency write in will be used.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Is it true Lincoln wanted to send liberated slaves to Liberia?
Back-to-Africa movement - Wikipedia

Not quite, but there is a link:

Liberia gained independence on 26 July 1847.[21]:5 With an elected black government and the offer of free land to African American settlers, Liberia became the most common destination of emigrating African Americans during the 19th century.[21]:2[22] Once African Americans arrived in Liberia, they faced a whole host of challenges, which included broken family ties, high mortality rates, and a difficult adjustment period. A group of 43 African Americans from Christiansburg, Virginia, left for Liberia in 1830 and suffered high mortality rates. "Eighty percent of the emigrants were dead within ten years of landing there, most of them victims of malaria; another ten percent quit the colony, with the majority fleeing to Sierra Leone.[23] African Americans who survived this period of adjustment in Liberia usually ended up liking the country.[24]

Blacks' interest in Liberia emigration emerged when the Civil War promised the end of slavery and meaningful change to the status of Black Americans. Some 7,000 enslaved people were freed by their masters, so at that point those free African Americans left the U.S. to escape racism and have more opportunities (mainly because they had lost all hope of achievement). In the 1830s, the movement became increasingly dominated by slave owners who wanted Liberia to absorb the free blacks of the South. Slaves freed from slave ships were sent here instead of their country of origin. The emigration of free blacks to Liberia particularly increased after the Nat Turner rebellion in 1831. Middle-class blacks were more resolved to live as black Americans, many rural poor folks gave up on the United States and looked to Liberia to construct a better life. Liberia provided freedom and equality; it also represented a chance for a better life for the South's black farmers. The Liberian government promised 25 acres of free land for each immigrant family, 10 acres for a single adult, who came to the Black Republic. In the early 19th century, Liberia evoked mixed images in the minds of black Americans. They viewed Liberia as a destination for black families who left the United States in search of a better way of life, returning to their ancestral homeland of Africa.[21]:2–9

As noted by researcher Washington Hyde, "Black Americans - who in the time of slavery lost their original languages and much of their original culture, gained a distinctly American, English-speaking Christian identity, and had no clear idea of precisely where in the wide continent of Africa their ancestors had come from - were perceived by the natives of Liberia as foreign settlers. Having an African ancestry and a black skin color were definitely not enough. Indeed, their settlement in Liberia had much in common with the contemporary white settlement of the American Frontier

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I wish Trump could win but i cant see how it will happen. Shitlary will win unfortunately

I truly hope so but people are just sheep and will go to Killary because of her PC bullshit.

As time goes by sadly I feel like trump is done. I'm legit scared if Hilary wins

Splinty @Splinty do you really think we have a chance that Trump can win?

I hope so. Is this legit?
Trump is Losing by 7 points in new cnn poll

Seriously what the fuck is wrong with Trump. Now they are saying he will pick Christie as his running mate, IS HE STUPID! That is suicide....

Yeah and if Trump thinks that will help him win NJ he is a fucking moron. People in NJ hate that fat fuck.
His downfall will be his stupid ego unless he starts to realize who he is dealing with and the clout that she has.

Trump will lose but i 100 percent want him to win it just wont happen. No one in the establishment will allow it.
If Condoleeza Rice accepted his offer it would be all over and Trump would win.

You all know i want DT to win but im very nervous this is all not playing out well. I dont think Pence was the right choice,
Trumps done. He fucked up bad with this Khan thing. Now Hilary is up 10 points.
Trump is fucked. He really fucked up this time. No way he comes back. Moron, he actually had a chance before his big fat mouth went too far.
Im sorry to say but Trump is finished. He is getting smashed in the polls right now and is losing Georgia,
Once again trump is done. Even the recent Wikileaks didn't help. This sucks bad. I'm not sure what 4 years of Hillary is going to bring

Trump is fucked election is over

Are these legit? Does Trump actually have a chance?
I will say the same thing to Trump that he said to Romney. You blew it buddy. You couldve won this whole entire thing if you wouldve just calmed down a bit and listened to your people. Too little too late. Oh well 4 more years of Obama and maybe some shit that will be even worse. Fuck it at least i have saved a good amount of money for when shit hits the fan.

I love you bro, but...

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
We run the risk of just shitting up all the threads. Lets pull into here for ongoings of MAGA circus.

View: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/796315640307060738

View: https://youtu.be/vST61W4bGm8

View: https://youtu.be/GLG9g7BcjKs

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZiI6kVkPXs

1. Privilege and Prejudice: Social Justice In An Age Of Male Confusion
    This an incredibly introspective article in which some on the left are finally understanding the rejection of the current regressive thought policing insanity. In particular he seems to understand how seemingly contrarian peoples (left and right)are aligning against the left that has become so extreme, so focused on categories, so silencing of open discourse.

2. I Can Tolerate Anything Except The Outgroup
    Liberal psychologist who looks into the creation of ingroups and outgroupsm -- looking inward at the change in the left and the predefined grouping that is required to get status. And likewise, the curtailing of other opinions as they will make you lose status, or even receive hostilities. He still looks to sort everybody into groups interestingly, which I think misses the larger point about how arbitrary it is, but I digress.
  3. I’m a Muslim, a woman and an immigrant. I voted for Trump.
  4. The consequences of Clinton’s ‘deplorables’ and Obama’s ‘clingers’
  5. The false song of globalism won Trump the presidency. It's that simple.