Society The Drudge Report has moved left-leaning statist

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I've noticed a disturbing thing.
That Matt Drudge's "Drudge Report" has gone left.
I averaged skimming it once a week for years to get a less corporate-hued view of societal happenings, as well as oddities.
I've noticed since Trump was elected, more and more it has become "anti-Trump".
That's too bad, as mainstream is an unbearable soap opera and news used to be interesting.
Now, Drudge is mainstream, left-wing bias like all the rest save Fox news.

Like Jesse Ventura, I will have to only concern myself with what's directly in front of me.
Unbiased interesting news is hard-er to come by.

Toelocku

*I Know What I Know if you Know What I Mean*
Dec 15, 2018
I've noticed a disturbing thing.
That Matt Drudge's "Drudge Report" has gone left.
I averaged skimming it once a week for years to get a less corporate-hued view of societal happenings, as well as oddities.
I've noticed since Trump was elected, more and more it has become "anti-Trump".
That's too bad, as mainstream is an unbearable soap opera and news used to be interesting.
Now, Drudge is mainstream, left-wing bias like all the rest save Fox news.

Like Jesse Ventura, I will have to only concern myself with what's directly in front of me.
Unbiased interesting news is hard-er to come by.
Yeah I noticed that to but I wonder why the heelturn?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
maybe because if there's one thing conservatives and progressives agree on, it's that Donald Trump is a self-serving tyrant.

maybe Drudge hasn't moved.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
maybe because if there's one thing conservatives and progressives agree on, it's that Donald Trump is a self-serving tyrant.

maybe Drudge hasn't moved.
There's a marked difference between being anti tyrant and being anti Trump. I don't consume the Drudge report so I'm not placing a value judgment on it, just making an observation.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
There's a marked difference between being anti tyrant and being anti Trump. I don't consume the Drudge report so I'm not placing a value judgment on it, just making an observation.
agree. it's just that Pres Trump has consistently elevated his own interests over any political ideology, and now both are seeing him for what he is.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
agree. it's just that Pres Trump has consistently elevated his own interests over any political ideology, and now both are seeing him for what he is.
If you actually look at the current administration's policy and not at his bluster, that's incorrect. He's proving very much to be a party man.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
If you actually look at the current administration's policy and not at his bluster, that's incorrect. He's proving very much to be a party man.
agree. but the Republican Party has swung from center the same as the Democrats...same magnitude, opposite direction. :)
Trump campaigned as an outsider doing God's work.

Now the prevailing sentiment from the disenfranchised voters who elected him is that he's another insider serving his self-interest.
He hasn't changed, but for a long time his supporters have been in a space where they could 'hear what they want to hear and disregard the rest.'

that's no longer true.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
LOL at opposing Trump making you a 'statist'. What the fuck do you call Trump's full-blown protectionism and massive government deficit spending? Anarcho capitalism?

If you were a fiscal conservative who actually believed your own nonsense, you'd hate Trump more than the left does.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
LOL at opposing Trump making you a 'statist'. What the fuck do you call Trump's full-blown protectionism and massive government deficit spending? Anarcho capitalism?

If you were a fiscal conservative who actually believed your own nonsense, you'd hate Trump more than the left does.
What the fuckity you talking about