IMG/GIF The Froot Shoop Contest - VOTING THREAD GREEN

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

WHICH SHOOPS DO YOU LIKE?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
100% FRUIT & VEGETABLES (link to sherdog voting thread)

These are for UFC 246 and I'm relaxing the voting rules from sherdog, vote for the ones you like.

(I randomized the 20 entries, so 10 are in the GREEN thread and 10 more are in the RED thread)

G1

G2

G3

G4

G5

G6

G7

G8

G9

G10

Last edited:

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
OP updated to make it clearer there are TWO voting threads :p

IDGAF about the voting though, just a shame if ya'll only see half these creations (regardless of quality haha)

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Looks like Froot Shoops are about to go viral :D (just kidding, nothing from sherdog goes viral lmao)

JayPettryMMA

Sherdog.com Staff

I was alerted to this thread by one of the forum staffers, and I just wanted to come in and say wow. You guys. This is amazing. We can't not put this thread up on the main page and the SD social media. The talent displayed here is insane. If you run contests like these regularly, please let me know so that we can feature them.

Also, we have credited @Ikky with the cover image of his brilliant photoshop of McGregor throwing the dolly.

Check it out on sherdog.com or the Sherdog twitter page!

Jan 21, 2015
Looks like Froot Shoops are about to go viral :D (just kidding, nothing from sherdog goes viral lmao)

JayPettryMMA

Sherdog.com Staff

I was alerted to this thread by one of the forum staffers, and I just wanted to come in and say wow. You guys. This is amazing. We can't not put this thread up on the main page and the SD social media. The talent displayed here is insane. If you run contests like these regularly, please let me know so that we can feature them.

Also, we have credited @Ikky with the cover image of his brilliant photoshop of McGregor throwing the dolly.

Check it out on sherdog.com or the Sherdog twitter page!

FFS, Sherdog highlighing Froot Shoops but banned me for trying to post Sonnen's War comic

Still burned bout that lol

Glad Sherdog is paying you guys some hespect nowadays

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
FFS, Sherdog highlighing Froot Shoops but banned me for trying to post Sonnen's War comic

Still burned bout that lol

Glad Sherdog is paying you guys some hespect nowadays
Well I'm banned from there too, my entry was done "in spirit" lol

and I know you're still mad about it, you mention it every time :D

Jan 21, 2015
Well I'm banned from there too, my entry was done "in spirit" lol

and I know you're still mad about it, you mention it every time :D
Oh yeah I forgot you were banned too. So how does it work, you send your shoops in to someone else and they post em for you?

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Oh yeah I forgot you were banned too. So how does it work, you send your shoops in to someone else and they post em for you?
nope they don't want me or my shoops there so I don't share them to sherdog at all anymore :cool:

I have my instragram (and twitter but no one ever notices me on it) for sharing my work *shrug*

Jehannum the Artist (instagram)
Jehannum the Artist (twitter)

I donate to some of the shoop competitions still, I support them even if they refuse to support me

Jan 21, 2015
nope they don't want me or my shoops there so I don't share them to sherdog at all anymore :cool:

I have my instragram (and twitter but no one ever notices me on it) for sharing my work *shrug*

Jehannum the Artist (instagram)
Jehannum the Artist (twitter)

I donate to some of the shoop competitions still, I support them even if they refuse to support me
Its a lonely artform, however much fun lol

I retired

why they so mad at you? You probably told me before but I forget stuffs

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016

I retired

why they so mad at you? You probably told me before but I forget stuffs
I fucked with the contests using alts and through other members, and sometimes simultaneously :p long story haha

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016

I retired
You're one of my heroes mang, hate that you retired :(

I talk about you and your skills on a regular basis, was chatting to a friend a few days ago (Myrddin Wild) about trying to use a stylus and you're the only artist I know that does, I referenced you hehe. I also referenced you a week or so ago about how it doesn't get any easier getting people to like our work or show us support, the loneliness thing.

You're the only (MMA) artist I know that has made a project as big or even bigger than I have

Jan 21, 2015
I fucked with the contests using alts and through other members, and sometimes simultaneously :p long story haha
That doesn't sound familiar. I'm sure its a great story!

Its weird there because the shoopers totally love what they are doing and are naturally stoked at the levels of creativity that gets spun. But the reality is most people don't follow enough to catch any of the jokes or understand. Its too slow lol

GIF contests I think get way more support but its still a small audience overall.

I kind of like making art for a small audience, inside jokes are always my favourite but have to be real about how many people aren't insiders to get the joke lol

Jan 21, 2015
You're one of my heroes mang, hate that you retired :(

I talk about you and your skills on a regular basis, was chatting to a friend a few days ago (Myrddin Wild) about trying to use a stylus and you're the only artist I know that does, I referenced you hehe. I also referenced you a week or so ago about how it doesn't get any easier getting people to like our work or show us support, the loneliness thing.

You're the only (MMA) artist I know that has made a project as big or even bigger than I have
There have been others who caught the bug. I thought that Tommy Toe Hold was doing some things and that guy Prebek and a few others started making animated videos. I knew a few others who were making some sprite game, it was pretty involved. Years earlier there was a project for an oldschool RPG game. I designed a whole level for it artwork and all but of course big projects with no money almost always fizzle out. We need to learn what creative goals are achievable and be realistic about time and effort, what's worth making in this short life we have

The fun about MMA shooping is that its a totally free outlet to be creative and just make shit and have fun without taking yourself too seriously as an artist. Most people who have that creative energy and need to make their ideas end up with whatever artform and then the pressure's on to make the work really great and try to sell it etc. But shooping is free and no one gives a fuck and we can make it however good or crappy as we like and money is out the window. Its the same reason I like punk music, its real and honest but never takes itself too seriously

There are times for more serious work too, but I loved shooping just for the raw creativity of it. It was so fast and spontaneous, like real art should be done most of the time. Even if I only made a small handful of people laugh.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
That doesn't sound familiar. I'm sure its a great story!

Its weird there because the shoopers totally love what they are doing and are naturally stoked at the levels of creativity that gets spun. But the reality is most people don't follow enough to catch any of the jokes or understand. Its too slow lol

GIF contests I think get way more support but its still a small audience overall.

I kind of like making art for a small audience, inside jokes are always my favourite but have to be real about how many people aren't insiders to get the joke lol
I'm exactly the same, and I still find it weird how few of the jokes people get even though they are talking about and following MMA nonstop. They even watch more related videos and events than me and still they don't seem to know or remember the interesting stuff.

The gif contests are a bitch for those of us who don't use video editors, it's a pet peeve of mine but they are definitely popular :) the bar is set ridiculously high that you really have to nail your concept to stand a chance, or spend weeks working on your submission.

I agree about it being slow. I haven't forgotten how many shoop threads I carried through sheer will while getting next to no love for it. :mad:

Instagram is great though, the more I get into it the better things seem to get. I won't be nerd raging and deleting my account ever again.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
There have been others who caught the bug

The fun about MMA shooping is that its a totally free outlet to be creative and make shit without taking yourself too seriously as an artist. Most people who have that creative energy and need to make their ideas end up with whatever artform and then the pressure's on to make the work really great and try to sell it etc. But shooping is free and no one gives a fuck and we can make it however good or crappy as we like and money is out the window. Its the same reason I like punk music, its real and honest but never takes itself too seriously

There are times for more serious work too, but I loved shooping just for the raw creativity of it. It was so fast and spontaneous, like real art should be done most of the time. Even if I only made a small handful of people laugh
People keep telling me I should try and sell my work and watermark it etc but I can't do it, I shoop MMA stuff for the love of the sport and I'm always editing other peoples work whether it's photographs, posters, screenshots, or even other shoops and memes, I can't profit off that, would go against what I believe in. I have to accept that most people will look at it briefly and move on whether I put months into it or 20 minutes, if I want to spend longer making it then it's a personal choice, and that is why I always stay true to myself and don't sell out by simplifying my work when really I want to make it complex.

Jan 21, 2015
People keep telling me I should try and sell my work and watermark it etc but I can't do it, I shoop MMA stuff for the love of the sport and I'm always editing other peoples work whether it's photographs, posters, screenshots, or even other shoops and memes, I can't profit off that, would go against what I believe in. I have to accept that most people will look at it briefly and move on whether I put months into it or 20 minutes, if I want to spend longer making it then it's a personal choice, and that is why I always stay true to myself and don't sell out by simplifying my work when really I want to make it complex.
I think I might still shoop if I cared as much about MMA as I used to. But I don't know what's going on anymore and no longer into following every event and foruming about it. The last few tournaments I did I had to sacrifice stuff I like and snub the Mrs so I could watch a PPV I didn't give a shit about lol. Then spend all night thinking up jokes, + a few hours to make the GIF (more time sacrificed). I just couldn't justify it anymore. Honestly I can't understand how I made so much shit back in the day lol I must have been some crazy machine. When did I have that much spare time???? :D

Same I used to pair creativity with my political concerns (aka conspiracy nuttery lol) but also don't anymore because I've lost most of my interest in that stuff too to be honest

But these changes are good because I get to re evaluate my interests now, and how to pair them with my creative energy, what is most valuable making etc. I figure we go through stages of this, each transition is good and necessary. We artists need to figure this shit out imo, it's important.

I like to think all our shoop comrades are all fascinating artists who will all make cool shit in their lives and come together for MMA lulz to blow off creative steam.

Last edited:

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
I think I might still shoop if I cared as much about MMA as I used to. But I don't know what's going on anymore.

Same I used to pair creativity with my political concerns aka conspiracy nuttery lol but don't anymore because I've lost most of my interest.

But these changes are good because I get to re evaluate my interests and how to pair them with my creative energy, what is most valuable making etc. We artists need to figure this shit out imo, it's important.
I always presumed I'd shoop MMA (and occasionally boxing) for the rest of my life, worrying that it might not be the case haha.

I still have plenty of years in me but I definitely want to start making my MMA board game soon, I've done so much written stuff for it but haven't actually begun the shooping, I keep trying to finalise the board layout and rules but then take a break, not good. It's going to have 78 fighters in it (plus the playable characters) from the early days of MMA right through to current ones, and each of the 78 has to be shooped twice and dramatically. I'll be fierce though when it really begins, once I sink my teeth into a project it rarely gets away from me, but board games are tough for me due to the dimensions, to make it printable they have to be huge which not only makes it slow work CPU wise but also finding quality photographs can prove difficult.

Jan 21, 2015
I always presumed I'd shoop MMA (and occasionally boxing) for the rest of my life, worrying that it might not be the case haha.

I still have plenty of years in me but I definitely want to start making my MMA board game soon, I've done so much written stuff for it but haven't actually begun the shooping, I keep trying to finalise the board layout and rules but then take a break, not good. It's going to have 78 fighters in it (plus the playable characters) from the early days of MMA right through to current ones, and each of the 78 has to be shooped twice and dramatically. I'll be fierce though when it really begins, once I sink my teeth into a project it rarely gets away from me, but board games are tough for me due to the dimensions, to make it printable they have to be huge which not only makes it slow work CPU wise but also finding quality photographs can prove difficult.
Dude you'll never beat my MMA board game D

LOL just kidding... you can totally beat that. A real MMA board game!! Dude that sounds super fun. What would you do with it? Pitch it to the UFC? Make it an online thing?

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Dude you'll never beat my MMA board game D

LOL just kidding... you can totally beat that. A real MMA board game!! Dude that sounds super fun. What would you do with it? Pitch it to the UFC? Make it an online thing?
oh the game itself will be like ... I dunno, advanced ludo maybe. I want it to be playable drunk. You'll be rushing all over an octagonal grid collecting fighter tokens and if someone else has that token you take it from them, should be both tactical but simple so fast paced hopefully :) once all the tokens have been taken (as in every tile walked through) then you need to run to the centre and roll a double to win, but if anyone else makes it to the centre that round, rolls a double and has more tokens they will win instead.

I also plan on having a slighter slower format where you control 2 characters not one and when you roll the 2 dice you can pick which character to assign each dice number to. That will be for up to 4 players (3x 2 man teams and 1 single man team, though teams can be shared I guess) and the other format for up to 7 respectively

Jan 21, 2015
oh the game itself will be like ... I dunno, advanced ludo maybe. I want it to be playable drunk. You'll be rushing all over an octagonal grid collecting fighter tokens and if someone else has that token you take it from them, should be both tactical but simple so fast paced hopefully :) once all the tokens have been taken (as in every tile walked through) then you need to run to the centre and roll a double to win, but if anyone else makes it to the centre that round, rolls a double and has more tokens they will win instead.

I also plan on having a slighter slower format where you control 2 characters not one and when you roll the 2 dice you can pick which character to assign each dice number to. That will be for up to 4 players (3x 2 man teams and 1 single man team, though teams can be shared I guess) and the other format for up to 7 respectively
But how will people play it? Are you going to actually create the pieces, print the board, etc to play with your MMA friends?

You know you can't produce that shit without UFC rights, right?

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
But how will people play it? Are you going to actually create the pieces, print the board, etc to play with your MMA friends?

You know you can't produce that shit without UFC rights, right?
You can it just has to be transformative enough, and if it's not being sold but given away the chances of them pursuing it in courts is minimal. The internet is full of UFC/MMA related products that people sell without any affiliation to the person or company that own the likenesses.

It's going be based on a horror movie (13 Ghosts) with only the fighter's nicknames used, I've done my research, I should be fine.

Yes though to your questions, will all be printable and the only work will be the glueing part, they'll just need cardboard.