NSFW The Ganges in India is full of dead bodies

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
How do the corpses end up in the river? There are many pictures of dead humans floating around very bloated. From what I can gather, cremating a body and dumping the ashes in river wouldn't hurt a thing. It's also a cheap process if they do it like you mentioned.

I'm scratching my head wondering why they continue to bathe in that dirty water when people have screwed it over. Blinded by religion perhaps?
Some poor people cant afford the funeral with the wood, so they slide the bodies out there. Its illegal but out of desperation they do it so their loved ones can be blessed by the river in death and find peace.

They bathe there because they believe the river is holy. Its a huge ass river though so everything doesn't take place in one setting. There's other places besides Varnasi to do this and people bathe anywhere the river goes.

stanneh

Jan 20, 2015
India knows better they just make excuses about how complicated it would be to stop dumping dead bodies in the water source and to remove children who work on rubbish dumps. I mean no disrespect but it's true there is no will to do it at all.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Some poor people cant afford the funeral with the wood, so they slide the bodies out there. Its illegal but out of desperation they do it so their loved ones can be blessed by the river in death and find peace.

They bathe there because they believe the river is holy. Its a huge ass river though so everything doesn't take place in one setting. There's other places besides Varnasi to do this and people bathe anywhere the river goes.
No matter how poor the person, I feel getting some firewood and a way to start the fire is not too much to ask. Cremate the body and then dump the ashes in the river. Easier said than done I guess.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
No matter how poor the person, I feel getting some firewood and a way to start the fire is not too much to ask. Cremate the body and then dump the ashes in the river. Easier said than done I guess.
They burn like 300 bodies a day there and that takes a lot of firewood. So people have to keep purchasing more. The really poor people can't afford it. I mean these are the same people that have to beg on the streets just to eat.

Some that beg for funeral wood maybe get it and some are not so fortunate have to just push the body out there when no one is watching.

MadFatChickKilla

Oct 25, 2015
They burn like 300 bodies a day there and that takes a lot of firewood. So people have to keep purchasing more. The really poor people can't afford it. I mean these are the same people that have to beg on the streets just to eat.

Some that beg for funeral wood maybe get it and some are not so fortunate have to just push the body out there when no one is watching.
As much as it seems horrible and disgusting, especially to wash and swim in it, I get it.

Religion is a fucker man and makes people do strange things, it's a shame they can't be burnt for health reasons.

Or put some stones in the wrap and sink them let the fishes go at them.

Tibet sky burial seems like one of the cleanest ways to go.