The Geek Haven sketch thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
There are a fair few artists and aspiring artists on the geek ground and now Geek Haven so I came up with the idea of a thread to showcase and share our work and projects. Anything from a doodle to a full blown painting or sculpture.

Now this doesnt have to be a big deal, a doodle on a napkin would count, anyone can join in and if you get busy no worries just post when you can or feel like it. Sometimes it's good to have an excuse to draw or create. On the original sketch thread I did Inktober and so did some others. Things like that are more than welcome

This is not a competition or a critique thing, it's purely for fun and to get the creative juices flowing if you're working on something or would like to start this can get you going if you're in a slump. Also if you want to ask peers here for a critique or guidance I or some of the other artists are more than willing to give constructive crits. Negative or piss taking is not cool and goes against what this is about.

Cheers and happy creating

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
image.jpg To start the ball rolling this is from a Children's picture book I'm working on

Last edited by a moderator:

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
That's pretty cool

I'm not very good at drawing. I'm not bad at designing stuff but its not the same

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Well, I like to do funky DIY projects. Like building my cage, building my home office out of a tin shed etc. I come up with an idea, then figure out a way to make it practical. Usually involves conceptual sketches

cage1.jpg cage2.jpg cage3.jpg cage4.jpg cage5.jpg

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
That is really impressive it's one thing to draw it its a whole other to actually make it practical and build it.

B17

Mar 15, 2015
Ive been slacking off the last couple months, honestly. Mostly just doodles, etc....no real completed pieces like above.

Jan 21, 2015
B17 and RedDragonUK, some great stuff! That 1st one B17 posted is badass

Did either of you go to school for art/drawing etc? I went to school for 3 years to learn classical animation, we were the last class before the program went digital. Drew so much it was mind boggling

I'll post some stuff too.. good thread

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
Thank you Masato Toys.I spent 6 years total college and then University doing Fine art and Art in practice. I'll be honest though I learned very little from the tutors I taught myself and learned from my peers and it gave me a lot of time to experiment with most mediums and a lot of ways of working. I love both traditional and digital these days.

B17

Mar 15, 2015
I did not go to school. I just drew what I saw and got better, I guess. I had about a 15+ year break and just picked it up about 2 years ago now.

buicken

Apr 22, 2015
I was asked to do a page for a life of Jesus comic, I tried to make it interesting, and refrained from hiding dicks and such in the drawing. Here is the pencils, then the inks.

buicken

Apr 22, 2015
Lately, I 've been doing more comic style drawing, but I love me some relief sculpture, have this in bronze, but photographing bronze is a chore! It is actually more like a Nicotine yellow finish, than orange.