Lifestyle the global warming thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
I do like the 148 year reference. They make it sound so significant, like it gives it that much more "weight". All I think is "Well what the hell happened in 1869 - or the 40 or 50 years prior - that fucked up the earth's temperature?"
Hint

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Fukushima doesn't help.
Maybe. Maybe not.

Do you think the 2011 disaster in Japan brought you warm weather in Chicago this winter?
Or maybe we finally felt the effects on the 1986 disaster in Chernobyl and won't feel the effects of Fukishima for another 30 years or so.
Or maybe neither of these events effect anything at all.
Or maybe both played a part.

I don't know. And neither do most of the people promising that we'll all be under water by 2006. Oh wait...

It's all just speculation. Again - I'm fine with regulation, but don't exaggerate shit to scare people. My natural reaction to that shit is to stiff-arm the fuck out of you.

***My apologies if I'm using effect/affect incorrectly. I struggle with that.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
My point is that the level of air pollution back then doesn't come close to what we have today.
Agreed, so comparatively there is more damage done nowadays and it looks like research reflects that.

It doesn't have to be a big change to affect things and there are also cycles etc that are nearly random variables. The earth temperature has changed by a degree at most. That still translates to a huge impact, I had done a calculation years ago (simple math, using decent approximations) when all the ice melts the barycenter of the earth will have to change (as water will equalise its levels) this change alone is not of typical concern but would raise normal sea level by roughly 60 meters. That may sound bad, but the barycenter(center of mass) determines the rotation as well and the angle with the sun (seasons). Whether manmade or not its a different issue, shit is serious though and we definitely aint helping.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Agreed, so comparatively there is more damage done nowadays and it looks like research reflects that.

It doesn't have to be a big change to affect things and there are also cycles etc that are nearly random variables. The earth temperature has changed by a degree at most. That still translates to a huge impact, I had done a calculation years ago (simple math, using decent approximations) when all the ice melts the barycenter of the earth will have to change (as water will equalise its levels) this change alone is not of typical concern but would raise normal sea level by roughly 60 meters. That may sound bad, but the barycenter(center of mass) determines the rotation as well and the angle with the sun (seasons). Whether manmade or not its a different issue, shit is serious though and we definitely aint helping.
I don't like to argue with super smart people. ;)