IMG/GIF The GOAT turns 30 Today

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
BTW, saying "Conor wouldn't be cool with the fans if cameras weren't on him" is unfair because he has cameras on him 24/7 when he's out in public.

We also have to acknowledge that he is a legitimate global celebrity, so maybe he doesn't have the same time to bullshit with the fans that he did when he was a prospect. That's life. There are certain risks and dangers that he faces that the average MMA fighter doesn't, so to compare him to another fighter is just silly. I'm sure there are UFC fighters who would come over to your house for dinner if you invited them, because they don't get any attention.

Dan Henderson can walk around in public, he'll get recognized a bit and take a few pictures. If Conor shows up somewhere, he's going to get mobbed by fans and paparazzi.

M

member 3289

BTW, saying "Conor wouldn't be cool with the fans if cameras weren't on him" is unfair because he has cameras on him 24/7 when he's out in public.

We also have to acknowledge that he is a legitimate global celebrity, so maybe he doesn't have the same time to bullshit with the fans that he did when he was a prospect. That's life. There are certain risks and dangers that he faces that the average MMA fighter doesn't, so to compare him to another fighter is just silly. I'm sure there are UFC fighters who would come over to your house for dinner if you invited them, because they don't get any attention.

Dan Henderson can walk around in public, he'll get recognized a bit and take a few pictures. If Conor shows up somewhere, he's going to get mobbed by fans and paparazzi.
MMA fans don't understand this because there has never been anyone who has reached Conor's level of fame.

Not even Rhonda.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I had to double check the URL - thought I was back on the UG for a minute with the cattiness in this thread.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
MMA fans don't understand this because there has never been anyone who has reached Conor's level of fame.

Not even Rhonda.
I disagree with this. When Ronda fought the bars would be packed with women to watch her fight. I think to the casual fan she was way more popular then Conor is.

M

member 3289

I disagree with this. When Ronda fought the bars would be packed with women to watch her fight. I think to the casual fan she was way more popular then Conor is.
PPV buys and YouTube views tell the real story

M

member 1013

I've met Mr McGregor personally with my wife. I can speak first hand on what I saw and experiemexp with the man himself, can you? I'll go first.

TL;DR version - UFC 189 I saw the main card fighters do their open workouts. My main interest was Rory and he and every fighter showed up, warmed up for 20, wavedto the fans then bounced. AbsoliAbso nothing wrong with that at all just to be clear. Conor came out last and warmed up, boxed, rolled and fucked around for40+ minutes .After that he went to the fans and had pictures and hand shakes for another 30 minutes or so. He then spoke to the cera for a little promo then bounced. To remove all doubt this happened here's photos with him and my beautiful wife from my IG account.

At the weigh ins it was pure madness .You'd think people were ready for a main event because it was a full house inside the MGM. Every fighter weighed in, posed down, shook hands and left. After Conor and Chad squared off and talked to Joe McGregpr was the only one to walk off the stage and into the crowd for yet another long photo and signing session with everyone who asked.

You examples of throwing a can at Nate and the bus fight are not related at all to his attitude towards his fans. The videos other members have posted further show he's a great guy towards his fans every chance he gets.

DasRy...
Hahahaha he’s a midget

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I thought this was a bumped thread from September 28th nearly 12 years ago........