The Great Outdoors

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
BTW you never responded on my which bipod to go with quote. I am offended as I value your opinion.
Oh my bad man, hectic day, I'd personally get one that integrate into that specific handguard without any sort of other attachment to make it work. If that makes sense?

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
So the one that comes up on the side of the bipod looks pretty nice. If that doesn't get in the way of how you hold the rifle I'd pick that. The other option looks like it needs a rail adapter to fit, and that annoys me.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Brother and I went to Pinnacle Lake which is about an hour away from home. Caught a little two pound rainbow with my floating line and a wooly bugger.

20200718_101240.jpg

Great way to start any Saturday.

20200718_091219.jpg

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Those aren't cigarettes. Notice the little weed leaf at the top.

I want your boat. Also we could be twins.

View attachment 10464
Hayyyyy, that was me last night, we brought the boy out with us this morning so no smokey smokey.

The boat is fun, we are about 20% into the break in period, so once that's done I can really open it up. We were going through about 4 inches of water last night and I let off the the throttle, the boat rested on the bottom, trimmed the motor up a bit and shot a giant ass spray of water backward and it slowly pushed us to deeper water. I'm basically a fighter pilot now, jet drives are sick with it gangster. When you come to Texas you, Splinty @Splinty and I can go try and pick up dudes on the lake, or catch fish. Either one.

Last edited:

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Hayyyyy, that was me last night, we brought the boy out with us this morning so no smokey smokey.

The boat is fun, we are about 20% into the break in period, so once that's done I can really open it up. We were going through about 4 inches of water last night and I let off the the throttle, the boat rested on the bottom, trimmed the motor up a bit and shot a giant as spray of water backward and it slowly pushed us to deeper water. I'm basically a fighter pilot now, jet drives are sick with it gangster. When you come to Texas you, Splinty @Splinty and I can go try and pick up dudes on the lake, or catch fish. Either one.
That's so cool. I'm just starting. Learn about those boats but I think it's pretty excessive for me at the moment. I'm loving the little lakes in the middle of nowhere. Thinking more like a 10' Jon boat with an electric. I'm sure if I went for a ride in yours a saw some fish I'd change my tune right quick though.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
That's so cool. I'm just starting. Learn about those boats but I think it's pretty excessive for me at the moment. I'm loving the little lakes in the middle of nowhere. Thinking more like a 10' Jon boat with an electric. I'm sure if I went for a ride in yours a saw some fish I'd change my tune right quick though.
Start with at least a 14 footer. Check out Tiny Boat Nation on YouTube. We kayaked for a few years, then bought an old 16 foot Jon boat, then just upgraded to this.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Start with at least a 14 footer. Check out Tiny Boat Nation on YouTube. We kayaked for a few years, then bought an old 16 foot Jon boat, then just upgraded to this.
I'm leaning towards towing an travel trailer and having a boat in the truck box or up top. Once kids are older and can come outdoors with is with their own stuff I'll do a camper and tow a bigger boat I think.