The Great Outdoors

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Aboit 30-35 yards away in the Pic, slightly zoomed in, 4.5-5 feet easy, that's probably conservative it looked to be about as thick as my wrists.
I caught 2 far, in a casting net and 1 on a pole.
At that size, you’ve got enough for a belt and/or a hat band! Ive seen some big snakes this summer, they must’ve been eating good the past couple of years. Saw a rattler this week that was as big around as a beer can. Fat fucker.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
At that size, you’ve got enough for a belt and/or a hat band! Ive seen some big snakes this summer, they must’ve been eating good the past couple of years. Saw a rattler this week that was as big around as a beer can. Fat fucker.
Yea, as soon as our cans come in I have a feeling they may get used. Who knows.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Yea, as soon as our cans come in I have a feeling they may get used. Who knows.
Have you ever tried the rat shot (or whatever it’s called) for pistols? I know guys that keep that for their “snake shooter” pistols. Like a mini shotgun shell I guess. I’ve never used it. I’ve actually never even shot a snake. I usually just use a shovel or something like that. Or just a big chunk of limestone lol.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Have you ever tried the rat shot (or whatever it’s called) for pistols? I know guys that keep that for their “snake shooter” pistols. Like a mini shotgun shell I guess. I’ve never used it. I’ve actually never even shot a snake. I usually just use a shovel or something like that. Or just a big chunk of limestone lol.
My wife grew up on a farm shooting snakes in the head with regular 22lr. If I use snake shot on one I'd never hear the end of it

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
My wife grew up on a farm shooting snakes in the head with regular 22lr. If I use snake shot on one I'd never hear the end of it
It is good for shooting rodents indoors in barns and garages...less sketchy ricochet potential than a .22...and the pattern isn't great with snake shot out of a rifled B, better with smoothbore .22(but who the heck has one of those?I used to lol, was ridiculous)

For shooting snakes with shot I just use a 20 or a 410

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
looks like you guys just did the deed and she is clothing herself

Nice lighting on the epic jetboat...was that stock or did you add that?
Lol nah, we just pulled up to the spot.
Yea came stock, I had lights like that on the outside to draw in bait fish at night, it worked well so I will probably add those.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I showed my wife this, she laughed and said "must be a bad shot".
It is all my parents have on their property in rattlesnake country.
I would give them some other options but I can't transport across the border legally.

So it is an old winchester break barrel 20 usually...not like I could miss with a .22 at the range we dispatch them at.

This is some of my 75 year old mom's handiwork...she broke up a mating party between these two...great lady.
8364212113132776549.jpg

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
E73E0ACB-459D-4042-B134-12511D35B8CF.jpeg
Found this guy dead outside, this recent cold snap was just too much for his little heart to take.
I’m thinking I should’ve put a quarter down for scale.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
It is all my parents have on their property in rattlesnake country.
I would give them some other options but I can't transport across the border legally.

So it is an old winchester break barrel 20 usually...not like I could miss with a .22 at the range we dispatch them at.

This is some of my 75 year old mom's handiwork...she broke up a mating party between these two...great lady.
View attachment 15313
19BD2B70-6226-4C98-B0BD-F2FF9CA4EDE1.jpeg
I pulled this fucker out of a pile of dirt when I was back dragging with the loader. It was froze solid and I as I pulled it out it just kept coming, fuckin’ 6 footer. I think it was a bull snake. I set it on a a manhole and everyone that went by stopped to check it out.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
View attachment 15317
I pulled this fucker out of a pile of dirt when I was back dragging with the loader. It was froze solid and I as I pulled it out it just kept coming, fuckin’ 6 footer. I think it was a bull snake. I set it on a a manhole and everyone that went by stopped to check it out.
Have fun putting it in your manhole.

MatureWindingFlyingfish-max-1mb.gif

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I forgot to tell you silly fucks that I made a fishing video last year. I was supposed to make more, but I’m a lazy fuck sometimes. Ok, ok, a lot of the time. Enjoy:

View: https://youtu.be/1mlRdsBUvjQ
Very cool

watching now...you just released dead eye

I liked the video...I don't have youtube so you won't get a like or subscribe

Thanks 5thscallop!

Last edited:

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
View attachment 15317
skinny mofo

M

member 3289

Damn, those things are terrifying. I've heard of people finding them in their boats after leaving shore. No thank you.
Don't be such a pussy!

Jk, I'm actually more worried about water moccasins (Florida for cottonmouths) than I am about gators in certain areas