The Great Outdoors

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Found a bunch of bait for our hunting/fishing expedition tomorrow.

View attachment 16007
Did you dig those up in your yard? Those grubs eat roots, and can really fuck up lawn grasses and shrubs/trees. Good job getting them out. I started treating my yard for grubs and all of the bald spots filled in this year. This is the best my grass has ever looked over the summer months.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Did you dig those up in your yard? Those grubs eat roots, and can really fuck up lawn grasses and shrubs/trees. Good job getting them out. I started treating my yard for grubs and all of the bald spots filled in this year. This is the best my grass has ever looked over the summer months.
I actually treated my yard twice this year because I had a bad grub problem, it's filled in now. This was from a single planters box, my others were fine. I think the problem was this box was wrapped up in netting, birds couldn't get to the June bugs, and here we are.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I actually treated my yard twice this year because I had a bad grub problem, it's filled in now. This was from a single planters box, my others were fine. I think the problem was this box was wrapped up in netting, birds couldn't get to the June bugs, and here we are.
They are really hard to eradicate entirely, buggers keep coming back

My neighbors have had issues with them for years off and on

I don't have a problem...my chickens eat them when ground is saturated and they need to breathe I think

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015

I don't have a problem...my chickens eat them when ground is saturated and they need to breathe I think
I have crows that come and do that in my side yard.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I have crows that come and do that in my side yard.
The Mourning and White wing doves we have don’t do shit with grubs. Pussies. We do have some feral chickens in our neighborhood now though lol. They wander around about a 1 block radius and just eat bugs out of people’s yards all day. I think they’re on the 4th gen of new chicks too (the inbreeding is getting deep!). Nobody feeds them, but one guy built a coop, so now they’re just the neighborhood chickens ??‍♂

June bugs and those grubs are crazy in the summer here. Those grubs are the larva for June bugs, right?

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016

My wife wants chickens, and possibly ducks, badly. I’ve been resisting, and while I may win a battle or two, may end up losing the war against her lol.

I don’t really have a problem with having them, and we eat a ton of eggs so that’d be great. But this year has been insane for me, and I don’t need anything else on my plate to take care of at this time.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The Mourning and White wing doves we have don’t do shit with grubs. Pussies. We do have some feral chickens in our neighborhood now though lol. They wander around about a 1 block radius and just eat bugs out of people’s yards all day. I think they’re on the 4th gen of new chicks too (the inbreeding is getting deep!). Nobody feeds them, but one guy built a coop, so now they’re just the neighborhood chickens ??‍♂

June bugs and those grubs are crazy in the summer here. Those grubs are the larva for June bugs, right?
Yea I'm pretty sure that's what the grubs are.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
C994D4C1-C36A-47F7-B813-F3AE4A19D9FF.jpegTook my boy on a little fishing excursion. He’s getting much better at it. Turning this longboi into a riverboi.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
My wife wants chickens, and possibly ducks, badly. I’ve been resisting, and while I may win a battle or two, may end up losing the war against her lol.

I don’t really have a problem with having them, and we eat a ton of eggs so that’d be great. But this year has been insane for me, and I don’t need anything else on my plate to take care of at this time.
U can get automated doors for predator protection, they you only gotta worry about water and food(those can also be automated or simplified)

I have had them for 14 years so I can answer some questions if you go for it

Hardest part is not culling them or eating them when they get past prime egg laying age

Some breeds will pump out 320 eggs a year the first two years if you supplement light...although those breeds usually burn out and die by age 3-4

I have one that is well over 10 years old...wise old bird...only good for 50-60 eggs a year though...fastest breed on earth, Blue Andalusian or something.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Texas is OK. The women are a bit on the large size but the people in general are very friendly
I think Canadians in general have a misconception that we are especially friendly. Everytime I visit the States I always find people are friendly as hell. Canadians are friendly in a polite way, Americans are friendly in an extroverted talkative way.

M

member 3289

I think Canadians in general have a misconception that we are especially friendly. Everytime I visit the States I always find people are friendly as hell. Canadians are friendly in a polite way, Americans are friendly in an extroverted talkative way.
I have never once thought of Canadians as friendly