The Great Outdoors

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
In this last picture, you can eat nearly everything.
Clovers, strawberries & raspberries on the forest floor, huckleberries, blueberries, and plantain.20200721_185659.jpg20200721_180221.jpg20200721_183448.jpg

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
amazing pics spark
looks like a lot of fun and a rich environment

Those^^are called thimble berries here I think...they are soft and great flavor, not a good shelf life

Good Times
Love thimble berries, my fav!
Then huckleberries.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Love thimble berries, my fav!
Then huckleberries.
yep, you got it going on up there
I don't see the huckleberries here much except in certain spots

my lady eats ALL the huckleberries when she finds them, she is a berry addict

right now she is outside picking wild currants off a bush somebody cut down and she grabbed the cuttings from

foragers are the shit, gardeners also

I will do the micro green thread soon, we shut down the lights and micro green rack for the summer but we have it figured out enough to give a decent rundown of what it entails(and I took enough pictures).

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
We got way up into a creek, definitely haven't been any boats through here in awhile. We had to go through a large section where it's less than 6 inches deep, I stopped in the middle last time we came up here, video of that to come later.
View attachment 10808
View attachment 10809
You're good to go man. I watched a Havoc video of them taking one of their boats and jumping trees, running over rocks, dragging it behind a truck, running over it with a truck, taking a jack hammer to it...sheeeet. It wasn't the same model as yours but it looks like those things are built to withstand some ridiculous thrashings.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You're good to go man. I watched a Havoc video of them taking one of their boats and jumping trees, running over rocks, dragging it behind a truck, running over it with a truck, taking a jack hammer to it...sheeeet. It wasn't the same model as yours but it looks like those things are built to withstand some ridiculous thrashings.
Yes they are pretty sick, those Arkansas boys know how to build duck boats.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Honestly, when you posted that shot of the pigs swimming across the river, I was thinking just run those fuckers over - freezer full of hog!
I thought about it, but those fuckers are hard and I already put the boat through the top of a tree the first night out.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I thought about it, but those fuckers are hard and I already put the boat through the top of a tree the first night out.
Invasive species, taste awesome, boat made to run shit over, camera phone already recording....you dropped the ball. Could have been epic, and could have made a new thread about a million cooking methods. You are dead to me.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Invasive species, taste awesome, boat made to run shit over, camera phone already recording....you dropped the ball. Could have been epic, and could have made a new thread about a million cooking methods. You are dead to me.
You bring up valid points. I'm going to go back and get them.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
You bring up valid points. I'm going to go back and get them.
Keep in the mindset that they mocked you, because they did. They just went right in front of you, took a swim, back-stroked, wiggled their balls....come on man! Get your shit together. They are probably talking shit about you right now.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Keep in the mindset that they mocked you, because they did. They just went right in front of you, took a swim, back-stroked, wiggled their balls....come on man! Get your shit together. They are probably talking shit about you right now.
Just like those fucking ducks!

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Dude, don't even get me started on the ducks! As a matter of fact, it just pisses me off that you brought them up! Fuck you!!!!
I keep the ones that mock me the most as trophies, it reminds the other ducks of what I'll do to them if they pick on me too.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
MVIMG_20181202_065257.jpgMVIMG_20181202_073207.jpg
This entire family of Northern Shovelers came by, flipped us off and laughed at us, the next time they came by my wife and I murdered the entire family...... We ain't taking these ducks shit anymore.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
View attachment 10922View attachment 10923
This entire family of Northern Shovelers came by, flipped us off and laughed at us, the next time they came by my wife and I murdered the entire family...... We ain't taking these ducks shit anymore.
Not to sound like a queer or anything, but what is your method or removing lead? Are you a magnet guy? An eyeball guy that just follows bloodshot? Birds just piss me off.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Not to sound like a queer or anything, but what is your method or removing lead? Are you a magnet guy? An eyeball guy that just follows bloodshot? Birds just piss me off.
No lead in duck shot, only non toxic metal for waterfowl