The Great Outdoors

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

He's been tearing up my yard. He should be terrified because I ain't putting up with that shit for too much longer.

I gave him a good talking to. I think we have an understanding now.
I hope he tears up your garden

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
1596335863881.png
Summit Lake sits at 5500ft. Water is warm in summer and the lake has very very clean and clear water as it is exclusively glacier and snowmelt fed, Visibility is high and the lake is has with different types of lake bottom(silt, gravel, boulders, bedrock, sand, etc...)...loaded with Islands of various size to chill and camp on...One of the cooler lakes to go fuck around on for paddle boards and kayaks and other various craft...we made two loops around it in a 5.5 hour paddle today, my knees are so damn sunburned right now.

Diamond Peak in the background, good hike and amazing view
1596336749505.png

1596336768402.png

Some really nice lakes up in this general area
A Bigfoot is somewhere here in this image

If you dip into the shade of the forest for more than 45 seconds you will die from mosquitoes...I am not shitting you

Last edited:

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
View attachment 11580
Summit Lake sits at 5500ft. Water is warm in summer and the lake has very very clean and clear water as it is exclusively glacier and snowmelt fed, Visibility is high and the lake is has with different types of lake bottom(silt, gravel, boulders, bedrock, sand, etc...)...loaded with Islands of various size to chill and camp on...One of the cooler lakes to go fuck around on for paddle boards and kayaks and other various craft...we made two loops around it in a 5.5 hour paddle today, my knees are so damn sunburned right now.

Diamond Peak in the background, good hike and amazing view
View attachment 11584

View attachment 11585

Some really nice lakes up in this general area
A Bigfoot is somewhere here in this image

If you dip into the shade of the forest for more than 45 seconds you will die from mosquitoes...I am not shitting you
Did you take the first and third pictures? Those are impressive.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Did you take the first and third pictures? Those are impressive.
Nope
I downloaded those
I am horrible at taking pictures

I will post some of the ones my lady took today

Pretty much looked just like those photos today except for the snow in #3

We will camp there in about a month when the mosquito season is gone

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Nope
I downloaded those
I am horrible at taking pictures

I will post some of the ones my lady took today

Pretty much looked just like those photos today

We will camp there in about a month when the mosquito season is gone
The composition had elements of professional, so that is why I asked. I'm a photography enthusiast.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The composition had elements of professional, so that is why I asked. I'm a photography enthusiast so that is why I was asking.
right on, that is cool
I have the eye so I can admire and pick out the good photos...but I am lazy at snapping them for various reasons, so damn lazy in that way

I like the fog on the water thing this guy captured
1596339096651.png

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
right on, that is cool
I have the eye so I can admire and pick out the good photos...but I am lazy at snapping them for various reasons, so damn lazy in that way
I have a two actual cameras and when I break them out, it's typically for business related photography. I've followed around professionals 100's of times when they do shoots on my office's property listings, so I pick up things here and there. Unfortunately, the camera I always have on me is my phone, so most of the time when I see something I want to shoot, it's just using that. I don't concentrate on composition or anything artistic, it's just getting the snapshot. As they say, the best camera you have is the one you have available. I just got a new camera last month that i'm really excited about, so I'm hoping that will motivate me a bit more to do photography other than snapshots or business related stuff. I would really like to give people gifts on birthdays and Christmas that are not bought, but rather created, since anyone can just buy something as a token gift. The glass and metal prints you can order now look like true art when hanging on walls. They are expensive to order, but that is what I'm going to try to do for people since I'd have pride in it and I think they would be appreciated.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I'm going to give you a fishing pro tip, you probably won't be able to pull it off but it's a good thing to aspire towards.

Get yourself a casting net, learn to throw it, and catch your own bait. You will have more success.
I’d actually love any fishing advice. I know absolutely zero. I’m out there just guessing. I was using worms because I was told that if you’re not exactly sure what your fishing for they are the safest bet. I asked a guy fishing off his dock what’s in there and he said perch, small mouth, and some trout. I switched to this guy because I found it snagged on a log so I figured somebody who knows more than me was using it for a reason.
53C7C37C-EEC8-445A-9ED8-FA6AFB73992D.jpeg

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I’d actually love any fishing advice. I know absolutely zero. I’m out there just guessing. I was using worms because I was told that if you’re not exactly sure what your fishing for they are the safest bet. I asked a guy fishing off his dock what’s in there and he said perch, small mouth, and some trout. I switched to this guy because I found it snagged on a log so I figured somebody who knows more than me was using it for a reason.
View attachment 11638
I don't know the area you fish, but where I'm at I'd use something like that in the early morning or evening/night during the summer months. During the day I fish the bottom. Once it cools off I fish in more shallow water.

Worms are definitely a good bet, I prefer to use live shad I catch in a casting net in our lake. We catch Channel and blue cats, large mouth bass, white bass, and crappie. Along with the occasional trash carp or bufflo.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Also, look into the Ned Rig for warmer months as well, that'd probably work well for a kayak and you don't have to worry about keeping bait alive.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
View attachment 11638
You have a fly rod? If not tie on a flat fish or Panther Martin lure and cast it out from your boat then just troll around or drift in your boat and cast and retrieve, that's more enjoyable I find. . Get it pretty deep this time of year, trout will bite for sure.

Even casting from shore those work great. Here's how both should generally be setup on your line.

Swivel keeps your line from getting twisted up on your reel.

If you want something super basic for take your little girl to enjoy try this from shore or dock. Floating rig

If you don't get a bite within 20 minutes pull it in and make the distance from Bob to lure longer and go again, rinse repeat.

If fish aren't coming up for the last one I posted try this setup, sinking rig.

Don't get too caught in using exact split shots. Just use what it take to get it to the bottom then be sure to use floating bait like Power Bait or marshmallows. Very easy and effective.

Some will be little nuggets ready to use and some will be like putty you ball up yourself. Both are good.

M

member 3289

You have a fly rod? If not tie on a flat fish or Panther Martin lure and cast it out from your boat then just troll around or drift in your boat and cast and retrieve, that's more enjoyable I find. . Get it pretty deep this time of year, trout will bite for sure.

Even casting from shore those work great. Here's how both should generally be setup on your line.

Swivel keeps your line from getting twisted up on your reel.

If you want something super basic for take your little girl to enjoy try this from shore or dock. Floating rig

If you don't get a bite within 20 minutes pull it in and make the distance from Bob to lure longer and go again, rinse repeat.

If fish aren't coming up for the last one I posted try this setup, sinking rig.

Don't get too caught in using exact split shots. Just use what it take to get it to the bottom then be sure to use floating bait like Power Bait or marshmallows. Very easy and effective.

Some will be little nuggets ready to use and some will be like putty you ball up yourself. Both are good.
This is terrible advice