The Great Outdoors

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah. I did a little bit of research and people seem to love them. Especially for their price as compared to other fibreglass/carbon rods.
Yep, can't beat them and I have yet to break one, which is impressive because I break everything.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Yep, can't beat them and I have yet to break one, which is impressive because I break everything.
I’m excited. When I’m watching YouTube videos they always talk about the feel of the rod. Bouncing jigs across the bottom or even feeling the movement of a jig. I can’t feel shit when I use my old rod, it’s heavy as hell and stiff. I’m excited to be able to control my casts a bit better too.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I don’t even remember where I got my last rod, it was probably I grabbed for 25 bucks on my way up to a cottage 15 years ago.

I went out today and got a whole new set up.

A beautiful Pflueuger President Reel...
View attachment 17563Fully outfitted with 10 pound fluorocarbon line.

An Ugly Stik GX-2. Cutting edge technology finally made available to the consumer.
View attachment 17564

For full effect, here is the complete set up handsomely displayed on the hood of a 2010 Subaru Forester.
View attachment 17565
Can’t wait to get back out again on Friday. This equipment is going to keep me and my family rich in beautiful fish dinners, for years to come.

I don’t know if any trophy Ontario bass post on here, but if you’re reading this...
YOU ARE SO FUCKED!
Nice!
I have a Pflueuger with an Abu Garcia Veritas rod. Great setup.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Nice!
I have a Pflueuger with an Abu Garcia Veritas rod. Great setup.
Yeah. I feel like for not knowing shit and just going off on-line reviews and ratings, I did pretty well. People seem to love that reel. I went to my usual more high end outdoor shop to buy one and they were sold out. Guy says when the do get them in they get snatched up quick and guys buy 2 or 3. I ended up finding the last one in stock at another place.

M

member 3289

I don’t even remember where I got my last rod, it was probably I grabbed for 25 bucks on my way up to a cottage 15 years ago.

An Ugly Stik GX-2. Cutting edge technology finally made available to the consumer.
View attachment 17564

For full effect, here is the complete set up handsomely displayed on the hood of a 2010 Subaru Forester.
View attachment 17565
Can’t wait to get back out again on Friday. This equipment is going to keep me and my family rich in beautiful fish dinners, for years to come.

I don’t know if any trophy Ontario bass post on here, but if you’re reading this...
YOU ARE SO FUCKED!
Quality gear /= good fisherman.

May as well tie dental floss to a stick. You'll get the same result.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016

View attachment 17564

View attachment 17565

YOU ARE SO FUCKED!
The tunes you have blaring in the Subie ;)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9TMesYlseY

OR

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZIDL9U511Q

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Just found out the Googan HQ is near the house. I'm going to go check it out.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Just read the fishing report, bass are liking spinner bait right now. Good thing I grabbed some Googan spinners too. Tossed on some soft plastic trailers for s's and g's.
PXL_20201015_183339176.MP.jpg

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

View attachment 17564

View attachment 17565

YOU ARE SO FUCKED!

I bet you’re going to enjoy fishing much more, solid purchase. You ever consider a fly rod?

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015

I bet you’re going to enjoy fishing much more, solid purchase. You ever consider a fly rod?
I’d love to. I initially got into fishing planning to start fly fishing. It just seemed that rod and reel made more sense to start at because of the water around here. The Grand River which is the big river I fish is bass, trout, pike, and walleye, but if I go about 40 minutes north of my house the North Grand is supposed to be a hot spot for fly fishing. There are a bunch of fly shops around there. I’ll definitely try it next year.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
La Paix @Nuk Soo Kow
I watched this documentary a few years ago and it really got me interested.
One guy is from Texas. He’s country legend Towne Van Zandt’s son. He’s a bit zen and new agey. The other guy is some “Fishing legend” from Colorado. Who is all gung ho and competitive.
They’ve lost touch over the years and take a trip to BC to reunite on a fly fishing trip. You’ve got to watch it.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HreyJ_okj8c

The first line of this trailer really speaks to me. It’s why I laugh and roll my eyes when people make fun of me. If you’re catching fish you’re doing something wrong.

Last edited:

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
La Paix @Nuk Soo Kow
I watched this documentary a few years ago and it really got me interested.
One guy is from Texas. He’s country legend Towne Van Zandt’s son. He’s a bit zen and new agey. The other guy is some “Fishing legend” from Colorado. Who is all gung ho and competitive.
They’ve lost touch over the years and take a trip to BC to reunite on a fly fishing trip. You’ve got to watch it.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HreyJ_okj8c

The first line of this trailer really speaks to me. It’s why I laugh and roll my eyes when people make fun of me. If you’re catching fish you’re doing something wrong.
That movie looks good. Maybe that could be us one day. Me the play it by ear kinda fishman who’s witty, spry and has a great mustache and you the goof with the guitar.

I’ve used the “it’s not about catching fish” line to my wife and kids to get them to come out with me. Kids love it now that they are set up to use my other bellyboat. I just recently picked up a better pair of waders so now my wife can come out with everything she need but it’s getting cold. I want her first time out to be a good as possible of course. Early spring when it warms up and fish are biting. I never thought of all the stuff I’d enjoy outside of fishing specifically so I assume many others are the same way. Reeling one in is just the icing.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Took the day off work. Getting coffee just a minute ago in my kitchen and BANG! Two birds blasted my rear picture window. Loud as shit.

The dude on the left was DOA. The guy on the right was face down for a minute - not moving but breathing. Broken neck I was guessing. I had thoughts of grabbing my .22 and putting him out of his misery but he shortly started fluttering his wings, although still laying face down.

20201016_084635.jpg

As I typed this he stood up and hopped about 4' away from the house, looked back at the window and if I could read his little bird brain I'm sure he was thinking "What the fuck was that?"

American Robins

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Took the day off work. Getting coffee just a minute ago in my kitchen and BANG! Two birds blasted my rear picture window. Loud as shit.

The dude on the left was DOA. The guy on the right was face down for a minute - not moving but breathing. Broken neck I was guessing. I had thoughts of grabbing my .22 and putting him out of his misery but he shortly started fluttering his wings, although still laying face down.

View attachment 17704

As I typed this he stood up and hopped about 4' away from the house, looked back at the window and if I could read his little bird brain I'm sure he was thinking "What the fuck was that?"

American Robins
Birds take concussions seriously!

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Birds take concussions seriously!
I've researched woodpeckers and how they are able to jackhammer trees all day long and not fuck up their brain.

Turns out their tongue goes all the way back behind their brain and acts as a shock absorber of sorts.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I've researched woodpeckers and how they are able to jackhammer trees all day long and not fuck up their brain.

Turns out their tongue goes all the way back behind their brain and acts as a shock absorber of sorts.
I gotta try that some time.

M

member 3289

View attachment 17704

American Robins
Get curtains or blinds, you cheap fuck