The Great Outdoors

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

We get those every now and then. Certainly not every night.
It’s because for us the sun sets over Lake Huron every night. The closer you get to the shore the more vibrant it becomes. It is definitely beautiful.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I’ve been posting less pictures of my catches to keep some members confidence from crumbling. I got wind that tons of rumours are being spread about me “losing my touch” or “caught a case of the Windsors”. Not bloody likely M8.

CBCE29EC-E1B6-442E-9E22-A52984C393E8.jpeg

Interesting spots on this guy. It’s a subspecies of Rainbow Trout I haven’t caught before.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I’ve been posting less pictures of my catches to keep some mem confidence from crumbling. I got wind that tons of rumours are being spread about me “losing my touch” or “caught a case of the Windsors”. Not bloody likely M8.

View attachment 20395

Interesting spots on this guy. It’s a subspecies of Rainbow Trout I haven’t caught before.
Pretty looking fish

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Pretty looking fish
Indeed. It’s been around -2 to 5 degrees here on my last few outings. Fish don’t fight near what they used to a month ago. My new favourite piece of equipment is a Milwaukee heated hoody. Paired with a decent windbreaker it’s warm and not bulk under my waders. Would recommend.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Indeed. It’s been around -2 to 5 degrees here on my last few outings. Fish don’t fight near what they used to a month ago. My new favourite piece of equipment is a Milwaukee heated hoody. Paired with a decent windbreaker it’s warm and not bulk under my waders. Would recommend.
I'll have to look into that hoodie for my wife, she's fucking cold when it's in the 60's.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I thought you were Wim Hof type of badasses without the need for warm clothes.

And that in Texas of all places?

She's from Arkansas, and a bad ass, she just gets cold while standing in cold lakes....what a weirdo.
Me, well let me tell you, hoodie and breathable waders, year round, like a boss.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
She's from Arkansas, and a bad ass, she just gets cold while standing in cold lakes....what a weirdo.
Me, well let me tell you, hoodie and breathable waders, year round, like a boss.
hoodie and breathable waders is Business Casual

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
hoodie and breathable waders is Business Casual
When I worked at a small software dev shop I'd hunt in the morning, then head into work and hang my waders from a tree out front to dry......now with the rona I'm going to work from the jet boat and use a 5g hot spot...woooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
When I worked at a small software dev shop I'd hunt in the morning, then head into work and hang my waders from a tree out front to dry......now with the rona I'm going to work from the jet boat and use a 5g hot spot...woooooooooooooooooooooooooo
you're welcome for the 5G Hotspot.

and the COVID it caused.