The Great Outdoors

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

When I was a kid we lived in a neighborhood that backed up to a swamp separated by a levee. Well, that levee did a good job of stopping water but apparently not alligators... Somehow one got into our neighbors backyard and they had to call animal control to get it out.View attachment 23232
This one was slow because the temperature dropped last night and it was cloudy at times today. He couldn't warm back up completely. I'd give a redneck estimate of 6 feet for that gator, normally a gator that size would run before I got close enough.

M

member 3289

Love you talk shit to the gator, under your breath, while his backs turned
Did it in the first video as well. But because he was still on land, I quickly glanced down the path to make sure there were no obstacles that might trip me up if I had to run

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
ThatOneDude @ThatOneDude got me for Secret Santa and he knocked it out of the park. He got me a 3 month subscription to “Mystery Bait Box”. It’s an awesome online tackle shop and you can buy a subscription, pick a species and they put together a box of fishing tackle for you.

The man’s dedication to taking my fishing game to the next level, warms my heart.

View: https://streamable.com/6zn9oi

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
ThatOneDude @ThatOneDude got me for Secret Santa and he knocked it out of the park. He got me a 3 month subscription to “Mystery Bait Box”. It’s an awesome online tackle shop and you can buy a subscription, pick a species and they put together a box of fishing tackle for you.

The man’s dedication to taking my fishing game to the next level, warms my heart.

Those fucking monster Canadian carp don't stand a fucking chance. I hope you catch all the fish and you make La Paix @Nuk Soo Kow super jealous.

M

member 3289

Native amphibians and reptiles

20201226_093607.jpg

Saw two white-tailed does. This was the best photo:

20201226_100826.jpg

Great blue heron

20201226_102055.jpg

Predator tracks. Not my boot print, the other one. Can you guess the animal?

20201226_104322.jpg

What was likely that predator's breakfast:

20201226_102313.jpg

^I'm guessing that was a rabbit (eastern cottontail or marsh). If anyone knows for sure feel free to comment.

M

member 3289

And a bunch of gators but I'll only post my two favorites.

Gator 1 - Find him in 30 seconds or you're dead:

20201226_103704(0).jpg

They are masters of camouflage. I walked within 6 feet of one before I saw it last week.

Gator 2 was the biggest gator I saw yesterday. Most were 5-6 feet but this fucker was at least 8 feet long, I'd guess 9 feet or more:

20201226_105759.jpg

20201226_105852.jpg

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Native amphibians and reptiles

View attachment 23711

Saw two white-tailed does. This was the best photo:

View attachment 23712

Great blue heron

View attachment 23713

Predator tracks. Not my boot print, the other one. Can you guess the animal?

View attachment 23714

What was likely that predator's breakfast:

^I'm guessing that was a rabbit (eastern cottontail or marsh). If anyone knows for sure feel free to comment.
Coyoté

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

Awesome. Your daughter sounds adorable.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Haha
Your voice is solid...adds another layer to your posting madness

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He sounds pretty normal to me
haha
Not me

There is one guy here that I see often that has that type of accent

One time I asked him where he picked up that accent...and he said he has lived here(oregon) his whole life

Still trying to figure that one out:frowning: