The Great Outdoors

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
How about a thread that celebrates the great outdoors? Camping. Hiking. Hunting. Fishing. Or just some awesome photography of Mother Nature at her finest.

Share some survival tips. Gear preferences. Accomplishments. Or even hilarious failures.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I'll start it off with a photo. Nothing special. Went on a hike last weekend (some might have noticed my absence on this place.....or maybe not).

No place special - but it's fun to get off the beaten path once in a while.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Camped on top of a hill. Tent is a Marmot Tungsten 2P. I love it. Plenty of room inside. It rained all night Friday and I was dry as a bone. I think I took this pic on Saturday morning.

There is a door on both sides - and if it's a nice night you can leave the canopy off and do some star gazing because the top is all mesh. It is super light, and takes about 3 minutes to set up.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
And I was very happy to catch this little guy. A baby large mouth.

It means the locals aren't completely fishing my little pond dry.

Don't worry. I'm always catch and release.

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I think this was early spring. Leaves still on the ground, but green showing on the trees. SE Ohio

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains on the Appalachian Trail. Virginia.

Last edited:

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Nice! I would fish the hell out of that place. Great spot. Where is this?
shannon lake in west kelowna bc canada.kids fish to the left of the buoys everyone else fishes to the right until the end of june then the buoys come down

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

here is a mountain goat that has been hanging out on the hill behind my house

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Yup, I was there yesterday and today actually and not a bite lol. It's was nice though.

Awesome thread idea and I'll be contributing later.
we were there on friday and not a bite either but we went down towards the golf course and had a few bites but didnt catch anything

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
While your beaches are shit America has some kick ass environmental diversity, those pics all look great. Ive always wanted to your Great Lakes area but unfortunately a DUI in 2002 means I cant get a holiday visa unless I become a celeb and gain a recommendation from a senior police officer (unlikely on both counts)

Here's some places in the Sydney metro area that allow you to escape the rat race

Bilgola beach. Bit of a hidden gem that most drive past on their way to more well known beaches. Note the red sand due to the cliff formations, not the safest beach with a killer rip at the southern end.

World famous Bondi Beach, I fucking hate it but youll probably visit as a tourist

Bondi at sunset as s storm rolls in

Some fucking train down through our blue mountains, great camping spot

My childhood fav... Jellybean Pools named so because of the shape of this mountain lake, yep that beach is on a Mountain not far from the pic above. My daughter almost drowned here, I saved her and I reckon Ill be her superhero for life for it... :)

Some world class Sydney whores, they smell like US marine cum (not that id recognize the scent)

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I took these shots when I went out to Yellowstone a couple years ago. That was an awesome trip.

This dude was snorting at me:

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015

Brice Canyon, Utah

Seljalandfoss waterfall, with a name like that I am guessing Iceland

Me, at LaSalle Canyon(?), Starved Rock

Angel Falls, Venezuela

My dream home in Werfen, Austria

Jordan Pond, Acadia National Park, Maine

Delicate Arch, Moab Utah

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Acadia is on my list to visit in the near future. Looks so awesome.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Brice Canyon, Utah

Seljalandfoss waterfall, with a name like that I am guessing Iceland

Me, at LaSalle Canyon(?), Starved Rock

Angel Falls, Venezuela

My dream home in Werfen, Austria

Jordan Pond, Acadia National Park, Maine

Delicate Arch, Moab Utah
Did you take those photos?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
we were there on friday and not a bite either but we went down towards the golf course and had a few bites but didnt catch anything
When was there Tuesday there was a small group of special needs people there. Long story short one guy decided to throw a plastic bottle into the lake and gets disciplined which he doesn't like. 5 minutes later he grab some dudes sandles a tosses those in then he starts to make a run for a lawn chair. The workers grab him by the arm and try to calm him down which doesn't go well at all. This guy is yelling so loud and demonic it gave me shivers and I was on the shore on the other side just watching. His final move was to break free, kick a little girls rod into the lake then then grab another guys rod and throw it as far as he could into the water then he sprints off into the woods like a fucking werewolf you'd see on an X-files show. I could literally hear him yelling to the point I thought his lungs were about to launch out of his chest while breaking trail for a few kms. Explaining to my kid what just happened was hilarious in hindsite.

We should meet up there soon and shit talk forum members while catching some fish.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I just finished an 8 month trip around the US with my truck and trailer, started in BC and did a CCW loop to GA. I made a thread a can post if you're interested.
That's awesome.