Sports The Greatest Play in Sports History

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Happened yesterday. I posted it in the NFL thread but it really deserves its own thread:

Hey man. Sorry I don't mean it mockingly, legit question. I've watched total 6hrs of footbal in my life...Doesn't rugby mostly happen like this? 25 years ago 'Eurosport' used to broadcast Rugby (along with Sumowrestling and K-1) and I remember that the plays in Rugby often looked like that.

What do do you guys think?

M

member 3289

Hey man. Sorry I don't mean it mockingly, legit question. I've watched total 6hrs of footbal in my life...Doesn't rugby mostly happen like this? 25 years ago 'Eurosport' used to broadcast Rugby (along with Sumowrestling and K-1) and I remember that the plays in Rugby often looked like that.

From what I've watched of rugby, yes, but this is far less common of a thing in American football.

When you see it, it's normally when time is running out like it was here, and 99.9% of the time it doesn't work. The guy usually gets tackled and the play (and often game) is over.

This was incredible because it is something that simply never happens to this magnitude. It actually broke an NFL record for the most yards gained with zero seconds on the clock.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015

Rugby you can be tackled and still keep control of the ball even after the time has eclipsed the 80 minute mark

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Brady always sucks in Miami. I wonder if he has a side piece of ass down there that throws him off his game?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Not in the 9th inning of game Seven and crushes the whole cities hopes and dreams.
but it's still just a single swing, it's technically a play...but it's like scoring a single goal in hockey or soccer. It's an incredible 'play' - but it's not something that was drawn up for the entire team and executed...like a hit-and-run or 'hidden ball' move in baseball.