General The Hollywood/Russia Space Race Is On!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Russia is to send an actor and director to the International Space Station in October, with the ambition of making the first feature film in space.

The crew are scheduled to begin their expedition on 5 October 2021. While on the space station they could encounter some fellow film-makers: Tom Cruise and the director Doug Liman, who are also due to travel there in October to make a movie.

The exact date of Cruise’s blastoff has not yet been revealed, but the departure of the Russians in the first few days of the month suggests an intention to beat the Americans.

Russia was first reported to be mounting a rival production last year, shortly after plans were confirmed last summer for Cruise, who will be 59 at the time of his mission, to go into low Earth orbit, backed by Nasa and Elon Musk.

Who will be the Russian actress? Yulia Peresild. We don't know much about her but we do know about her diving ability and "chest girth"...

Potential candidates for the female lead in the film needed to be between 25 and 40 years old and a Russian citizen, to weigh between 50kg and 70kg and have a “chest girth” of up to 112cm.

“Additionally, she must be able to run 1km in three and a half minutes or less, swim 800 metres freestyle in 20 minutes, and dive from a 3-metre springboard with an impressive technique.” Previous acting experience was not required.

Elon get them there in September. Screw those Ruskies!

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Send Stev Buscemi. He was great in Armageddon.
"Yeah, I remember this one. It's where the, uh, the coyote sat his ass down in a slingshot then he strapped himself to an Acme rocket."

USA! USA! USA!

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Send Stev Buscemi. He was great in Armageddon.
"Yeah, I remember this one. It's where the, uh, the coyote sat his ass down in a slingshot then he strapped himself to an Acme rocket."

USA! USA! USA!

Why didn't they just train astronauts to use a drill?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
As trash as it is, Armageddon is a cinematic masterpiece

I'm way down the rabbit hole already.

Armageddon to liv Tyler....Liv Tyler to her in "crazy" music video.

Turns out petty farm boy in that video is insane

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Crazy, no pun intended. Was a big Aerosmith fan 20+ years ago. Great music vids. Shit I miss the 90s

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
My wife usually curls up under a blanket and get's really quiet right around here

"Daddy no!"
tenor-3.gif

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Splinty @Splinty down the rabbit hole is right.
Hole-ee-shit!
Hired a hitman to kill a judge , district attorney and a lawyer??? And the f#$$&ing girl to boot???

A former male model has been charged with hiring a hitman from behind bars to kill a judge, a district attorney, the lawyer who represented him and the teenage girl he was jailed for raping.

Dean Kelly, whose claim to fame is as a shirtless skinny-dipping hunk in Aerosmith’s video for Crazy in 1994, is currently serving a 10-year prison sentence at Rayburn Correctional Center in Angie, Louisiana.

But despite this, prosecutors say Kelly tried a hire a former inmate at the prison to carry out the hits - offering $35,000 in cash, two luxury cars, a boat and BMW motorcycle, WVUE reports.
The balls on this guy!

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Splinty @Splinty down the rabbit hole is right.
Hole-ee-shit!
Hired a hitman to kill a judge , district attorney and a lawyer??? And the f#$$&ing girl to boot???

A former male model has been charged with hiring a hitman from behind bars to kill a judge, a district attorney, the lawyer who represented him and the teenage girl he was jailed for raping.

Dean Kelly, whose claim to fame is as a shirtless skinny-dipping hunk in Aerosmith’s video for Crazy in 1994, is currently serving a 10-year prison sentence at Rayburn Correctional Center in Angie, Louisiana.

But despite this, prosecutors say Kelly tried a hire a former inmate at the prison to carry out the hits - offering $35,000 in cash, two luxury cars, a boat and BMW motorcycle, WVUE reports.
The balls on this guy!

grain of salt but heres a many years worth of accounts posted online about his history with women

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017

thats a solid song, but "amazing" is ... well ... amazing

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSmOvYzSeaQ