"The Iceman" vs. "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" 3 LIVE discussion - 11/24/18

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 603

Does Chuck, in your eyes, bear no responsibility for putting himself in there?
Absolutely.... However, like with a LOT of pro athletes, sometimes they feel like they can still be (or are still somehow) at the top of their game.... They won't, or can't admit that better days are long past.... So at that time, they do need a voice of reason to intervene. It isn't just in combat sports, you see similar things in the NFL, NBA, MLB, and the NHL too

Absolutely.... However, like with a LOT of pro athletes, sometimes they feel like they can still be (or are still somehow) at the top of their game.... They won't, or can't admit that better days are long past.... So at that time, they do need a voice of reason to intervene. It isn't just in combat sports, you see similar things in the NFL, NBA, MLB, and the NHL too
Fair point.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Agreed. But a sensible commission would have never allowed what we just saw to happen.

Honestly if a person wants to eat punches until they shit their pants every time a phone rings I don't have a problem with it. Freedom and such.

But sometimes you have to actually save people from their own poor decisions. There's a reason why you can have someone held in hospitals or rehab centers against their will. There's no way that Chuck was truly making a good decision to go out there and take more damage and the athletic commission failed to do their job and protect the fighter.
Right.
He looked awful, maybe Antonio Mckee thinks he can take DC?
After this, I'm not sure we'll see another commission clear him; Id be surprised.
But, that's why there's state athletic commissions just like there are state laws differing regarding mental commitments.

M

member 603

Right.
He looked awful, maybe Antonio Mckee thinks he can take DC?
After this, I'm not sure we'll see another commission clear him; Id be surprised.
But, that's why there's state athletic commissions just like there are state laws differing regarding mental commitments.
The Texas AC wanted me to send you this....

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
The Texas AC wanted me to send you this....

And somehow New York would allow this fight to happen again but would cancel Ortega/Holloway because they heard that Ortega smokes weed and Max eats a lot of Spam because he's Hawaiian.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
How about Reem taking out that young dude

Ngaanou landing a bungaloow on Blaydes

that was the MMA of the day IMO

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
This was the warm up fight that Chuck needed, he will learn from his loss and smash Rampage when they meet in a Golden Boy Main Event next year.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
This was the warm up fight that Chuck needed, he will learn from his loss and smash Rampage when they meet in a Golden Boy Main Event next year.
This fight was disgusting enough. Just imagine if that was Q....... Omg Chuck would literally be dead....

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
I heard that Chuck was responsive in the ambulance and, quite frankly, i want my money back. I want golden boy officials to hold him up so that a team from the CSAC can all punch him in the face about 8 times each.