The incredibly padded record of Tony Ferguson

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
but I like fighting fire with fire

like Guerilla Warfare, the purpose is to not annihilate the enemy but harass the shit outta them
I get it. To each his own bro.

On forums like this there will always be someone to play the foil. The question you have to ask yourself is if it’s worth your time and effort to participate in an argument that will never end.

There are some wars that can never be won. If you choose to fight this one I won’t stand in your way but I fail to see the benefit in trying to prove your point with someone who will never admit you are right or concede defeat.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I get it. To each his own bro.

On forums like this there will always be someone to play the foil. The question you have to ask yourself is if it’s worth your time and effort to participate in an argument that will never end.

There are some wars that can never be won. If you choose to fight this one I won’t stand in your way but I fail to see the benefit in trying to prove your point with someone who will never admit you are right or concede defeat.
I know I know thanks for your concern

but I have nothing but time these days and I don't make this my daily routine, I just come check up on TMMAC every other day or so

and dude's been ignoring all of my replies and posts anyways, either the troll must be annoyed of me or he's got nothing better to say which is my victory, (well... at least in my head)

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Hey look, it turns out the bad man on the internet that said mean things about the record of a fighter you have a weird emotional connection to was right. Again.

Ferguson is one of the toughest bastards that has stepped in the Octagon, had great cardio, and an unorthodox style that confused his opponents. A lot of MMA fighters are a sum of different base parts of wrestling, striking etc. that don't always gel together whereas Tony could fluidly combine all aspects of the game into a constantly threatening whole.

But the refusal of fans and MMA media to recognize his glaring technical flaws and his padded record meant there were always wolf tickets being sold about Tony.

I don't know how anyone convinced themselves that a guy with mediocre wrestling, poor striking defence and a very good but not elite ground game was the uncrowned king. Far too many gaps in his game not to get exposed by the right fighters.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
i hate him but hes beaten many tough dudes
His 5 year run was impressive as hell. I don’t know if it was the knee injury or Father Time, or everyone else just getting better, but he’s not the same as he was for sure.

M

member 3289

Hey look, it turns out the bad man on the internet that said mean things about the record of a fighter you have a weird emotional connection to was right. Again.

Ferguson is one of the toughest bastards that has stepped in the Octagon, had great cardio, and an unorthodox style that confused his opponents. A lot of MMA fighters are a sum of different base parts of wrestling, striking etc. that don't always gel together whereas Tony could fluidly combine all aspects of the game into a constantly threatening whole.

But the refusal of fans and MMA media to recognize his glaring technical flaws and his padded record meant there were always wolf tickets being sold about Tony.

I don't know how anyone convinced themselves that a guy with mediocre wrestling, poor striking defence and a very good but not elite ground game was the uncrowned king. Far too many gaps in his game not to get exposed by the right fighters.
Terrible TDD. He is no better at stopping takedowns now than he was when he almost lost to Danny Castillo at the beginning of his "run."

MMA fans missed nothing when Tony's fights with Khabib repeatedly fell through.

I hope everyone can see that now.

steroid to heaven

Colonize the Sun
Dec 23, 2015
His 5 year run was impressive as hell. I don’t know if it was the knee injury or Father Time, or everyone else just getting better, but he’s not the same as he was for sure.
most fighters peak at 30. hes 36. he has given father time a beating until recently

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I thought this fight was going to be a lot more competitive, but Do Bronx controlled each round bell to bell. I was thinking that maybe Ferg just isn't the same after taking so much damage from Justin - but I don't want to take away from Olivera because he may just be that good to whip Tony like he did regardless. T Ferg went from a 12 fight win streak to losing 8 straight rounds. Crazy how cruel this sport can be.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Terrible TDD. He is no better at stopping takedowns now than he was when he almost lost to Danny Castillo at the beginning of his "run."

MMA fans missed nothing when Tony's fights with Khabib repeatedly fell through.

I hope everyone can see that now.
Nah, 'terrible' is going too far. He has shut down the wrestling of competent MMA wrestlers before.

But it's certainly not great.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
After every MMA event...

Winner= the best/GOAT
Loser= never that good/overrated

KnockoutThoughts

Money Making Mitch
Jul 22, 2015
Love me some Tony..fuck OP! Easy to knock all these fighters he beat just to claim Tony ain’t shit, but last I checked Pettis knocked out WonderBoy. Stop trying to talk about records on his opponents without acknowledging their accomplishments, as well as who they fought and when they fought them. Looking back after everything has played out and the field has slaughtered names that were once top of the food chain isn’t an honest approach to having this conversation. Conor meanwhile faced NONE of the competition at 155lb, yet he was granted 2 titleshots. Tony deserved that shit. Easy for you to come along now that he’s on a slide, after his glorious window of victories, and try to badmouth his crazy run at 155lb. That dude got robbed of legacy.

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
Love me some Tony..fuck OP! Easy to knock all these fighters he beat just to claim Tony ain’t shit, but last I checked Pettis knocked out WonderBoy. Stop trying to talk about records on his opponents without acknowledging their accomplishments, as well as who they fought and when they fought them. Looking back after everything has played out and the field has slaughtered names that were once top of the food chain isn’t an honest approach to having this conversation. Conor meanwhile faced NONE of the competition at 155lb, yet he was granted 2 titleshots. Tony deserved that shit. Easy for you to come along now that he’s on a slide, after his glorious window of victories, and try to badmouth his crazy run at 155lb. That dude got robbed of legacy.
Yeah bro, we know. Everybody remembers you going on an 8 hour rant about how khabib's legacy will be forever tarnished by not fighting Tony lunatic Ferguson