The incredibly padded record of Tony Ferguson

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
What a terrible thread.

Castillo lost 3 of 4 to end his career by split decision, including to Ferguson, while his other losses were to great fighters at that weight class. Castillo was a very good fighter who hung with the best in the world.

Gregor Gillespie hype train was just derailed by Lee, so....

Every single point you made can be retorted with logical explanation, rather than mma math.

Tony has won 12 in a row against everyone put in front of him in the self-proclaimed best in the world.
He's won tournaments, KO of the night, several fotn & potn's, and finished people never finished before.
His fight vs. Barboza, the first round was arguably the best opening round display of skill ever seen in MMA history.

I could literally tear down every single fighter that's ever fought in any organization, including the undefeated, by demeaning their opponents.

Terrible thread.
I am 100% with my fren. These kind of threads always pop up after a big name fighter goes on a losing streak. The revisionist history that usually "supports" these theories relies on a lack of perspective that comes with time. It also ignores how incredibly dangerous good fighters are by focusing on the negative. This is what happened with Do Bronx. I continued to talk about him because I evaluated his talents and not simply just his fight outcomes exclusively which can create a facade of failure...

M

member 3289

I am 100% with my fren. These kind of threads always pop up after a big name fighter goes on a losing streak.
Again, this thread was created BEFORE Tony's losses to Oliveira and Gaethje, when he was still on a winning streak.

KnockoutThoughts

Money Making Mitch
Jul 22, 2015
Yeah bro, we know. Everybody remembers you going on an 8 hour rant about how khabib's legacy will be forever tarnished by not fighting Tony lunatic Ferguson
Well it wasn’t exactly 8 hours, more like your fat camp leader Jayson going back and forth with me in a fight thread, but hey I’m glad you remember me. I don’t remember you at all. ? If you died tomorrow I wouldn’t know who you were, nor would I lose any sleep over it. Honesty is the best policy.

M

member 3289

Top 5 lightweights and the top 5 fighters they've beaten:

1. Justin Gaethje: Ferguson

2. Dustin Poirier: Gaethje

3. Charles Oliveira: Ferguson

4. Conor McGregor: Poirier

5. Tony Ferguson:

KnockoutThoughts

Money Making Mitch
Jul 22, 2015
Top 5 lightweights and the top 5 fighters they've beaten:

1. Justin Gaethje: Ferguson

2. Dustin Poirier: Gaethje

3. Charles Oliveira: Ferguson

4. Conor McGregor: Poirier

5. Tony Ferguson:

You are so fucking stupid. Everyone Tony fought was coming up or at the top when he fought them, meaning on winning streaks or at the top. Look at the entire resume. None of those guys were bums when he fought them. RDA division Champion one fight after losing his belt? Dad Cerrone who was on a 3 fight win streak himself over whose who of the division. Do you even research before you post your bullshit? Kevin Lee on a 5 fight win streak? Edson Barbosa? Lando Vanatta’s first loss? Stfu! The man has fought the names of the division at the time they were relevant.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
You are so fucking stupid. Everyone Tony fought was coming up or at the top when he fought them, meaning on winning streaks or at the top. Look at the entire resume. None of those guys were bums when he fought them. RDA division Champion one fight after losing his belt? Dad Cerrone who was on a 3 fight win streak himself over whose who of the division. Do you even research before you post your bullshit? Kevin Lee on a 5 fight win streak? Edson Barbosa? Lando Vanatta’s first loss? Stfu! The man has fought the names of the division at the time they were relevant.
Lol this was bait fren. Take a look at the list again.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The Vanatta fight upped Landos stock and did nothing for Tony’s, if anything it brought Ferguson’s down. Tony got the finish but that was after losing striking exchanges from a guy fighting in his UFC debut.

View: https://gfycat.com/anxiousshallowiceblueredtopzebra

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The Vanatta fight upped Landos stock and did nothing for Tony’s, if anything it brought Ferguson’s down. Tony got the finish but that was after losing striking exchanges from a guy fighting in his UFC debut.

View: https://gfycat.com/anxiousshallowiceblueredtopzebra
I don't remember this fight. He's fucken lumping him there tho. That's why crazy Tony is special. I don't care he didn't win a belt. He was in awesome fights, so good that I even forgot the one in this gif.

M

member 3289

He got flash KO'd twice by Lando fookin Vannata, who has proven to be VERY mediocre.

Also Castillo beat him 29-28 for anyone who knows how to score fights.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Tony Ferguson is the Yoel Romero of the lightweight division. Fun to watch but wildly over rated by their respective fans. I suppose Tony did at least win an interim title so he has that going for him over Yoel.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Tony Ferguson is the Yoel Romero of the lightweight division. Fun to watch but wildly over rated by their respective fans. I suppose Tony did at least win an interim title so he has that going for him over Yoel.
While we are all talking civil I'd like the opportunity to tell you to go fuck yourself. However, Tony got that gold in my eyes. Yoel never did. And he cheated on timmay.

He was a beast of a fighter tho

M

member 3289

When you think about it, Tony's recent skid includes losses to the former interim champ and the current undisputed champ.

Then when you think about it some more, you realize the guy he got shut out by last night hasn't beaten a ranked opponent since at least 2015.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Tony is done.he has taken a lot of damage in his career.he has no real camp.he can't seem to put it together any more. He ain't right in the head.he brought Freddie Roach to coach him in a fight he spent eating shots on the ground.he brought Eddie bravo to corner him in a fight vs gathje.he obviously can't coach and corner himself at this level.tony is too much of a weirdo for his own good

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
You shouldn't get to claim credit for telling people that an elderly lightweight with a padded record and glaring skill deficiencies is overrated, but that's the MMA fanbase for you.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
All haters, Tony is a great fighter. Who in this thread has fought at the highest level?

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Fuck parsing his record. Tony is a flawed but supremely talented fighter. He was fighting top 5 talent not because of his resume but because when he’s firing on all cylinders he looks as talented as any fighter in the UFC. The man has obvious psychological problems and probably lost the best years of his career to injury and mental problems. We’ll never know what he could have been. Anyone critiquing Tony has never made the walk. Guys who have made the walk (and guys who were never able to make the walk because they procrastinated in ironing out the kinks in their stand up game rather than transitioning from a respectable high school wrestling career into MMA) know what a talent he was.

M

member 3289

Fuck parsing his record. Tony is a flawed but supremely talented fighter. He was fighting top 5 talent not because of his resume but because when he’s firing on all cylinders he looks as talented as any fighter in the UFC. The man has obvious psychological problems and probably lost the best years of his career to injury and mental problems. We’ll never know what he could have been. Anyone critiquing Tony has never made the walk. Guys who have made the walk (and guys who were never able to make the walk because they procrastinated in ironing out the kinks in their stand up game rather than transitioning from a respectable high school wrestling career into MMA) know what a talent he was.
And how many top 5 fighters has he beaten?

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Tony’s run was undeniably impressive for UFC standards regardless of who he was facing. Even if he didn’t beat the best of the best he was TUF champ, interim LW champ, and he beat a lot of great people (even if they were not top 5 or in their prime when they fought). I’m not going to say he was a facade, but I do think his streak and the fact that he was pitted as Khabib’s biggest threat for so long resulted in his hype exceeding reality.
He was great and was rightfully considered elite for a period of time. His place in history can be argued but what’s not arguable is the fact that he will never be the same after the Gaethje beating.