Society The Joseph R Biden Show

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Lol. I'm out. I hope you and your negative, toxic attitude towards others that you're trying to pass off as "high functioning autism" makes all of your wildest dreams come true.
Aaaaaaaaw, you can insult me aaaaaall fucking day long while dodging every single on-topic comment that I make in response to your posts..... but you can't stand being called a fuckwit and having it pointed out that you never actually participate in a discussion.

"I'm out"?

When the hell were you in?

??

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
So you got a vid-shout-out for StalinDidNothingWrong1927 ready or nah?
never heard of him

is he your guy?

I will listen to his content and examine it's validity if you want

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Jobs that were $15 are now $20.
Still not being filled.
The new-hire wage was passed on to existing employees as that's only fair.

So wages are up, which is what Dems have wanted forever, but it was fueled by Gov't interference in the form of extended and superfluous benny checks. I'm fine with it. I'm fine to pay whatever the market demands - be it for lumber, gypsum or labor.

But make no mistake - labor costs impact sell prices in businesses, and it all runs to the end user.

Economics 101
Inflation 101

External forces impacting business P&L isn't a new concept, and neither are the methods used to recover a shrinking margin.

T

The Big Guy

His numbers are low, because he’s objectively way worse than the last president. All Biden can do is lie, lie, lie and fall asleep during meetings.
Yea hes complete disgrace. It's funny to me that people chose an incompetent old man to drive this country further into the dirt because they didnt like trump himself. The ebb and flow of the world has been fun to observe for the last 5 years or so and I expect the dems to get murdered in midterms.

Their complete lack of ability to secure the country, the foreign relations blunders mixed with moving covid goalposts daily is wearing thin.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
If she would take her $13.1mm all-in earnings (which are likely max payouts that are rarely achieved, btw) and donate all of it so everyone in the company got a raise, each PepsiCo employee would get about a $0.02/hr raise assuming 40 hr weeks.

$13,100,000/291,000 employees = $45.02
$45.02/52 weeks = $0.87
$0.87/40 hours = $0.02

Her comment was tone deaf considering what she makes, but it does shed some light on how labor costs hit the bottom line.

Using the same 40 hour week, a $1/hr raise for every PEP employee would cost an additional $605,280,000. Give or take.

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
His numbers are low, because he’s objectively way worse than the last president. All Biden can do is lie, lie, lie and fall asleep during meetings.
Don't forget shitting his pants and talking about kids playing with his hairy legs.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
If she would take her $13.1mm all-in earnings (which are likely max payouts that are rarely achieved, btw) and donate all of it so everyone in the company got a raise, each PepsiCo employee would get about a $0.02/hr raise assuming 40 hr weeks.

$13,100,000/291,000 employees = $45.02
$45.02/52 weeks = $0.87
$0.87/40 hours = $0.02

Her comment was tone deaf considering what she makes, but it does shed some light on how labor costs hit the bottom line.

Using the same 40 hour week, a $1/hr raise for every PEP employee would cost an additional $605,280,000. Give or take.
the issue for me is that there is no way she is worth that

as an example ... is that person truly adding more value to the firm than the option of hiring 65 other qualified people at $200,000/yr?

the pay she received is a function of a larger problem within corporations

people like to think that corporations are built around meritocracy (yay captialism), that is far from true. its more about kissing your bosses ass and protecting your boss. thats the best way (generally speaking) to advance in the world of crony capitalism

and as a result, people get to pad their pockets by padding the pockets of selective group of people (layer of protection)

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
oh and to be clear, i dont have the ideas as to how to fix the problem and have no motivation towards brainstorming, learning, and attempting to fix the issue

but i do propose that its a problem that i hope people address for the sake of our children because:

very high level:
- are the shareholders better off with that woman making 13mm instead of 65 other badasses making 200,000?
- and is the world better off with one person getting 13mm rather than 65 people getting 200,000

id argue that the latter would be better for both

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
the issue for me is that there is no way she is worth that

as an example ... is that person truly adding more value to the firm than the option of hiring 65 other qualified people at $200,000/yr?

the pay she received is a function of a larger problem within corporations

people like to think that corporations are built around meritocracy (yay captialism), that is far from true. its more about kissing your bosses ass and protecting your boss. thats the best way (generally speaking) to advance in the world of crony capitalism

and as a result, people get to pad their pockets by padding the pockets of selective group of people (layer of protection)
You aren't wrong.

You'd be surprised - or maybe you wouldn't - of some of the "higher ups" of major companies I've met who are dipshits. The biggest skill they all appear to possess is the ability to bullshit with a complete lack of self-awareness.