The Khamzat Chimaev Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Really looking forward to seeing how this guy's career plays out. He could be the challenge that Usman needs to put him over the top of GSP as the WW GOAT.

🇦🇺

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
He’s never off balance, even when he’s not necessarily in what appears to be an easy position to convert a takedown. He has tremendous power from his hips from what I’m seeing.
That KO over meerschart really opened a lot of people's eyes, not just a wrestler?!?

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
This is why I think Chimaev is so good. I would love to see him grapple with guys like Gunnar, but his stand up is so good, he would just dismantle Gunnar on the feet. He is a horrible matchup for anyone that doesn’t have both a top tier ground game and top drawer stand up.
I haven't seen him on the feet, other than squashing Meerschart effortlessly in seconds. Looking forward to seeing him work more on the feet. His wrestling is obviously demonic, but word is he's frightening standing as well?

🇳🇿

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
I haven't seen him on the feet, other than squashing Meerschart effortlessly in seconds. Looking forward to seeing him work more on the feet. His wrestling is obviously demonic, but word is he's frightening standing as well?

🇳🇿
I think it's more evidence of KO power than a striking pedigree

tang

instead of calling it work, realize it is play
Oct 21, 2015
This is why I think Chimaev is so good. I would love to see him grapple with guys like Gunnar, but his stand up is so good, he would just dismantle Gunnar on the feet. He is a horrible matchup for anyone that doesn’t have both a top tier ground game and top drawer stand up.
Colby saying he's down to fight him