The Khamzat Chimaev Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Really looking forward to seeing how this guy's career plays out. He could be the challenge that Usman needs to put him over the top of GSP as the WW GOAT.

??

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
He’s never off balance, even when he’s not necessarily in what appears to be an easy position to convert a takedown. He has tremendous power from his hips from what I’m seeing.
That KO over meerschart really opened a lot of people's eyes, not just a wrestler?!?

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
This is why I think Chimaev is so good. I would love to see him grapple with guys like Gunnar, but his stand up is so good, he would just dismantle Gunnar on the feet. He is a horrible matchup for anyone that doesn’t have both a top tier ground game and top drawer stand up.
I haven't seen him on the feet, other than squashing Meerschart effortlessly in seconds. Looking forward to seeing him work more on the feet. His wrestling is obviously demonic, but word is he's frightening standing as well?

??

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
I haven't seen him on the feet, other than squashing Meerschart effortlessly in seconds. Looking forward to seeing him work more on the feet. His wrestling is obviously demonic, but word is he's frightening standing as well?

??
I think it's more evidence of KO power than a striking pedigree

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
This is why I think Chimaev is so good. I would love to see him grapple with guys like Gunnar, but his stand up is so good, he would just dismantle Gunnar on the feet. He is a horrible matchup for anyone that doesn’t have both a top tier ground game and top drawer stand up.
Colby saying he's down to fight him

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
It's the right fight to make from the UFC's point of view.

Hard to see how Nate wins a 5 second stretch of it, though.

Nate misplayed his hand pretty badly, IMO. He got the Conor rematch, but aside from that, what has he done? Aside from leave God knows how much money sitting on the table? The Conor rubber match will be worth 10 cents on the dollar by the time it happens.

??

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
OP is a bandwagon jumper every time a new fighter comes out of the woodwork

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I remember someone saying "man, Chimaev has the technical and physical skills, he's going to be a problem in the division if he can just muster up a little bit of confidence and self-belief to go along with them." :smile:

I love his trash talking, because it does seem to have the ring of truth to it. He really does seem like he's here to kill everyone and he has absolutely no thought that any one of these guys could be any kind of threat to him whatsoever.

He really HAS been dominant enough to warrant the hype. He looks good enough that he should only be an underdog to Usman, IMO. Which top 5 guy runs through Chimaev's competition like that? None of them, is the answer.

And I bet a bunch of fighters ARE running from him. Nate knows he'd get ragdolled. Everyone knows it.

??

Last edited:

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
fair play, hits a sweet roll at the end. but that opponent, once he had the single, should have been spinning his left leg round in anticlockwise circles behind him. if they don't spin out like a lunatic, KC can rest on the wall most of the afternoon