Cinema the last kingdom season 4

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
s4 drops Sunday, presumably at 3am EST since Netflix is based out of Cali

read book 7 the last couple days, and first half of s4 is most likely adapted from that. if so, we are in for another treat

one of the most underrated shows of this genre imo

M

member 3289

It's much-needed TV, but in general it rushes through the books too quickly

M

member 3289

fair point. 1 season per book would be ideal. but the writers are very creative in the adaptations they make they add or add to themes. they impress me

I feel ya tho
Don't get me wrong - I like the show. It just rushes things a little too much at times and sometimes gets a little silly when it merges storylines from the books.

But it's still a good show. Uthred pointing a knife at his (then) wife and telling her "you be quiet" as he proceeds to run Oswald down and stab him in the heart for stealing timber from his land was amazing.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Don't get me wrong - I like the show. It just rushes things a little too much at times and sometimes gets a little silly when it merges storylines from the books.

But it's still a good show. Uthred pointing a knife at his (then) wife and telling her "you be quiet" as he proceeds to run Oswald down and stab him in the heart for stealing timber from his land was amazing.
I read book 7 and then marathoned the last 3 of season 2 and all of season 3 the last few days until 3:46am last night then went to bed

s3 was so much fun. had forgotten how impactful one of the speeches towards the end of s3 was

I'm so pumped for s4. gonna go thru it slow this week instead of marathoning. just savoring it lol

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I read book 7 and then marathoned the last 3 of season 2 and all of season 3 the last few days until 3:46am last night then went to bed

s3 was so much fun. had forgotten how impactful one of the speeches towards the end of s3 was

I'm so pumped for s4. gonna go thru it slow this week instead of marathoning. just savoring it lol
just sip it

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
@conor mcgregor nut hugger it clicked the other day but i just remembered. the main reason i dig the show more than the books is because the books are 1st person POV (which is so rare. i know its historical fiction, but its similar to my normal genre of high fantasy, which is almost always 3rd person limitted)

with a rolling 3rd person limitted (most with different character POV chapters) you get a detailed look into everything thats happening

but the books have to fill in that stuff with exposition, or whatever the tecnical terms are

whereas the show allows us to see everything they choose to let us see, even if the 1st person POV isnt there

M

member 3289

@conor mcgregor nut hugger it clicked the other day but i just remembered. the main reason i dig the show more than the books is because the books are 1st person POV (which is so rare. i know its historical fiction, but its similar to my normal genre of high fantasy, which is almost always 3rd person limitted)

with a rolling 3rd person limitted (most with different character POV chapters) you get a detailed look into everything thats happening

but the books have to fill in that stuff with exposition, or whatever the tecnical terms are

whereas the show allows us to see everything they choose to let us see, even if the 1st person POV isnt there
The first episode of season 1 covered the first half of book 1.

In the books the attack on Dunholm is carefully coordinated because of how dangerous the mission was. In the show the attack included a priest armed with a club and zero protective armor as well as a nun.

I like the show but come on, son.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
The first episode of season 1 covered the first half of book 1.

In the books the attack on Dunholm is carefully coordinated because of how dangerous the mission was. In the show the attack included a priest armed with a club and zero protective armor as well as a nun.

I like the show but come on, son.
i feel ya. ive actually only read books 1, 2, and 7 so far (i own 1-10 less 5, which is on the way)

i definitely recall being let down at first when season 1 dropped do to what they left out (been years since i read or watched book 1/season 1 tho, so i cant recall the specifics you mention)

M

member 3289

i feel ya. ive actually only read books 1, 2, and 7 so far (i own 1-10 less 5, which is on the way)

i definitely recall being let down at first when season 1 dropped do to what they left out (been years since i read or watched book 1/season 1 tho, so i cant recall the specifics you mention)
I've read all 12 books. They're short and straightforward so they're easy to read.

It takes me an average of 2-3 days to read one so a New Jerseyan could probably do it in a week I guess?

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Unrelated to this show but did you see that one of the foxy hookers from GoT is the lead in the new Penny Dreadful series?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Unrelated to this show but did you see that one of the foxy hookers from GoT is the lead in the new Penny Dreadful series?
omg there's a new penny dreadful coming out???

people had been telling me to watch leaky bljders for a year or two, so about a year ago I mistakenly started Penny dreadful since it begins with a P and has a two word title ... and it was so good! only saw a few episodes before I got sidetracked, but been meaning to watch it all

thanks!

which strumpet, BTW?

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
omg there's a new penny dreadful coming out???

people had been telling me to watch leaky bljders for a year or two, so about a year ago I mistakenly started Penny dreadful since it begins with a P and has a two word title ... and it was so good! only saw a few episodes before I got sidetracked, but been meaning to watch it all

thanks!

which strumpet, BTW?
I don't know. The one with the great eyes that looks a little bitchy. Had the gay brother?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I don't know. The one with the great eyes that looks a little bitchy. Had the gay brother?
hahha I thought you meant one of the character whores. not just "whore" as in "woman"

you're referring to Margaery Tyrell, aka queen of the seven kingdoms lololol

apparently the premiere is on their YouTube for free: