VID The Last Person I Saw Throw that was Chuck Liddell.....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Great call. He's still trying to use awful technique that he got away with he was a much faster man, but that he was only ever getting away with because of the severe limitations of opponents. Take a look at the knockout of Werdum - it's only because Werdum's own boxing was so sloppy that JDS just barely avoids getting dropped like a sack of shit coming in.

M

member 3289

Good call. Cormier also mentions it within 30 seconds of the finish

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Great call. He's still trying to use awful technique that he got away with he was a much faster man, but that he was only ever getting away with because of the severe limitations of opponents. Take a look at the knockout of Werdum - it's only because Werdum's own boxing was so sloppy that JDS just barely avoids getting dropped like a sack of shit coming in.

Good call.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Great call. He's still trying to use awful technique that he got away with he was a much faster man, but that he was only ever getting away with because of the severe limitations of opponents. Take a look at the knockout of Werdum - it's only because Werdum's own boxing was so sloppy that JDS just barely avoids getting dropped like a sack of coming in.

Very accurate, and werdum came in a bit flabby
I remember watching the replay and feeling like he underestimated JDS and didn't train very hard or scout.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015

whow, that fight was just when I started to watch MMA regularly (aka when I had the time and some friend installed a torrent download programme on my computer for me).
At the time I had not realized that JDS got sort of lucky and I don't think that they ever pointed it out in the replay/aftermath.

I just re-learned something, thanks for the perspective!

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
whow, that fight was just when I started to watch MMA regularly (aka when I had the time and some friend installed a torrent download programme on my computer for me).
At the time I had not realized that JDS got sort of lucky and I don't think that they ever pointed it out in the replay/aftermath.

I just re-learned something, thanks for the perspective!
I think it's one of the most devastating KOs ever - maybe the second best UFC uppercut KO behind the Francis-Reem monster.

But what made it so epic is that it was a guy charging in to uppercut someone to hell off a run up throwing his full body into it, which is something you never really see. And the reason you never really see it is anyone who tries it should be the one getting blasted.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Me too. hated the fight before it had started. I think Cain also landed a really big body kick that was brutal.
But wasn't the staph in the first Mir fight?
Same, one of my least favourite KOs, Cro Cop vs Gonzaga being another one, although that was a fucking beauty.

The first Mir fight, the Cain loss, the Sapp fight.....

Nogs one of my favourites but he loves his excuses, I can't find the book but heres the filling cabinet